Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,999 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The Dilophosaurus also had a mechanism that made its tongue twist inside its mouth. Too bad you almost don't see that detail in the movie.

I loved the realism in the breathing function of the animatronic, too.

Vertigo

Vertigo

I'm not sure the animatronics in that film have ever been bettered. I know the subsequent entries in the series used more sophisticated robotics, but there's so much character and life in JP's critters.

Alien³

Alien³

Sorry for the plug guys :-*

For iOS users the wonderful people at http://www.drwho-online.co.uk/ have team up with me and BamSam to create an ultimate Jurassic Park app called "Jurappic Park" Yeah I know they came up with the name haha

It's perfect for news updates and info on everything JP also it contains our podcasts which have our interviews with the cast and crew of the films ;)

More info here peeps...

@JurassicCast
@JurappicPark

www.jpforever.com

ALSO JURASSIC TIME IS RELEASED NOW!

clicky clicky...

http://jurassictime.trescom.org/annotated.html

Greedo

Greedo

Quote from: Omegazilla on Oct 15, 2013, 08:36:06 PM
The Dilophosaurus also had a mechanism that made its tongue twist inside its mouth. Too bad you almost don't see that detail in the movie.

I loved the realism in the breathing function of the animatronic, too.

This is a perfect video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IJQjhdLbbo#ws

Always preferred Animatronics to CGI tbh feels more real like the Xeno off A L I E N.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I would love to know why they included that frill at all. It was such a random addition.

Greedo

Greedo

Wanted too add something different for the movie I guess.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 16, 2013, 01:09:41 AM
I would love to know why they included that frill at all. It was such a random addition.

Much like the Carnotaurus changing colour in the second novel they added the frill and the venom to give it something that resembles evolutionary defense and hunting traits of animals we see today. Making the dinosaurs in JP seem more real.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Except the real Dilophosaurus didn't actually sport a frill so that makes it less real in the film.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 16, 2013, 02:25:01 AM
Except the real Dilophosaurus didn't actually sport a frill so that makes it less real in the film.

I agree, but the frill being a fictional add on didn't make the character any less real. I just imagine the frill not being able to survive fossilisation, or that in the JP universe they hadn't discovered a Dilophosaurus with one until Hammond's scientists cloned one.

Greedo

Greedo

Quote from: Alien³ on Oct 16, 2013, 01:33:40 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 16, 2013, 01:09:41 AM

Much like the Carnotaurus changing colour
in the second novel they added the frill and the venom to give it something that resembles evolutionary defense and hunting traits of animals we see today. Making the dinosaurs in JP seem more real.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VgFTsFCYgqY/TuBV9S3OcNI/AAAAAAAADfg/b24WZ01dX4U/s320/Frilled-Lizard-04.jpg

Thought it was true that it could change its color (Camouflage) ?

SiL

SiL

We have no way of knowing.

OmegaZilla

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Oct 16, 2013, 07:50:59 AM

I agree, but the frill being a fictional add on didn't make the character any less real. I just imagine the frill not being able to survive fossilisation, or that in the JP universe they hadn't discovered a Dilophosaurus with one until Hammond's scientists cloned one.

There'd be some evidence of one. Why wouldn't it fossilize?

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 16, 2013, 12:29:54 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Oct 16, 2013, 07:50:59 AM

There'd be some evidence of one. Why wouldn't it fossilize?

Maybe it could but they hadn't discovered a perfect fossil that showed a frill.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

And the fossils found have shown no evidence of attachments where a frill would be. Considering a T.Rex leg has been discovered with soft tissue, as well as fossilized organs in other dinosaur specimens, I'm not willing to acknowledge existence of a frill on Dilophosaurus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed