Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,779 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Beats me too.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Because shit happens, that's why.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Probably trying to move a little closer to the novel continuity, in which Ellie marries someone else between JP and TLW. However in JP she was engaged to that person, so the films had already deviated. Does seem a bit odd. Maybe someone decided they didn't want Laura Dern to be a lead character for some reason.

:edit: Or maybe she decided, as a big shoot and publicity junket means a very long time away from home.

Alien³

Alien³

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 07, 2013, 05:47:53 PM
Or did they?
Yet another deleted JP scene the director thought was not needed in the film... only to leave fans blundered and frustrated years later ;)

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 07, 2013, 07:42:07 PM
Probably trying to move a little closer to the novel continuity, in which Ellie marries someone else between JP and TLW. However in JP she was engaged to that person, so the films had already deviated. Does seem a bit odd. Maybe someone decided they didn't want Laura Dern to be a lead character for some reason.

:edit: Or maybe she decided, as a big shoot and publicity junket means a very long time away from home.

I was going to say that. In the first book they mention she is engaged to someone else.

Anyways, even though it's sad I feel it's a bit realistic. More often than not, i hear people that survive a terrible ordeal as they did become grim reminders of that incident. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Jul 07, 2013, 08:18:16 PM
Check it ;)

http://www.trescom.org/

I'm definitely interested in the Jack Horner question thing. I have a few I'd like to shoot him, myself.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Just got JP and TLW 1st edition publications on order, as well as all 3 scores.

Shinawi

Shinawi

I rewatched JP III on DVD. I noticed something about Ellie that I had forgotten before. She clearly enjoys Dr. Grant's presence. And they had an exciting conversation about Velociraptors. When he said that her husband was a nice guy, Ellie didn't look enthusiastic. She looked very sad when she watched Dr. Grant leave - very interesting.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Maybe Jurassic Park IV will have divorce proceedings.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 09, 2013, 03:58:58 PM

After Ellie's appearance in JP3, I'd be very happy just not having her awkwardly stuck in the next film. The scenes in 3 weren't bad, kind of amusing, until she called the marines... ::)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Apparently it's fake, but here's a better look at that poster.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/this-may-be-the-low-res-teaser-poster-for-jurassic-park-iv

Shinawi

Shinawi

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 09, 2013, 03:58:58 PM
JP III had a lot of that theme going on. Look at the couple who hired Dr. Grant as their guide. Maybe the writer/director knows people close to him who went through this sort of thing.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Shasvre on Jul 09, 2013, 06:12:59 PM
Apparently it's fake, but here's a better look at that poster.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/this-may-be-the-low-res-teaser-poster-for-jurassic-park-iv

Still gorgeous.

Hopefully, this leads to an even better JP4 poster that's official.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

They should just pay that guy or something and use that freaking poster.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed