Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,321 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It was tame though. Being ripped in half like that would result in blood flying everywhere.

Alien³

Alien³

Unless he is torn in two from the shaking rather than a pair of legs left sat on the toilet. That way you could have no blood and still have him go to pieces.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If the body is torn in half, blood will flow. It doesn't matter if it's Eddie Carr in the air or Donald Gennaro sitting on the toilet/being shaken to death.

Cvalda

Cvalda

There's no chance in hell this will be rated R. These are glorified kids films. Gotta sell them toys.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Xan21 on Jun 25, 2013, 09:48:05 PM
Pics of some Deleted Scenes, in the JP fanworld there is talk of a version of the movie that was put into theatres and was later pulled...20 minutes longer or so, there were more than a few that claimed this.

I don't think it was even pulled, I think that was the theatrical release in 1993. My memory's vague as I was 7 at the time, but I do dimly remember all those extra scenes. Not sure it clocked an extra 20 minutes though.
I also don't think Gennaro's demise was any more graphic than the version we're used to.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2013, 07:47:06 AM
If the body is torn in half, blood will flow. It doesn't matter if it's Eddie Carr in the air or Donald Gennaro sitting on the toilet/being shaken to death.

So where was the blood when Eddie was torn in half? I remember being 8 in the cinema and thinking holy crap, he just got ripped in two! And this films a PG!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

There wasn't any. I'm just saying that if the film received an R-rating like I personally would prefer, it would've been there.

SiL

SiL

This is the problem when people who love something as a kid grow up and still want more of it -- whether it be a movie series or games. They want the new stuff to reflect what they like now and forget that as much as it might frustrate them, these are still for kids.

See also, Pokemon.

Alien³

Alien³

Well of course there'd be blood if it was an R, but I was going over what FiorinaFury161 said.

That if Gennero was cut in half in JP it may have been bumped up to an R, hence it's apparent removal. I was merely pointing out that this rumoured scene could have been left in the film and keep its PG rating.

Like how TLW kept its PG rating despite having a scene where a guy gets pulled in half. It can be done without blood.

Another example is Darth Maul and Phantom being a universal rating. (I'm aware he was cut in two with a light sabre which means there could be no blood as it would have most likley sealed the wound.)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Jun 26, 2013, 08:15:00 AM
This is the problem when people who love something as a kid grow up and still want more of it -- whether it be a movie series or games. They want the new stuff to reflect what they like now and forget that as much as it might frustrate them, these are still for kids.

See also, Pokemon.

Fair point. I'd prefer a more violent Jurassic Park but I definitely wouldn't lose any sleep over not receiving one.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Effectively the sick Triceratops subplot was never fully resolved... would like to see the deleted rsolution to it.

Alien³

Alien³

I've always imagined there being quite a bit missing from the raptor attack in the visitors centre. But I could say that about any scene.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Omegazilla on Jun 26, 2013, 08:26:40 AM
Effectively the sick Triceratops subplot was never fully resolved... would like to see the deleted rsolution to it.

How much could they have given us though? Either she heals up and lives happily ever after or dies a slow and painful death. Not to mention, even if we find out what Sattler had deduced was making the Trike sick, it's never mentioned in the film again which is probably why it was cut to begin with.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Simply say what exactly made the dinosaur sick. I don't mind the no-answer but it would be nice to see the original resolution.

About JP4 being rated R... No! Why would you want it to be R?

For the wide audience these movies have, the type of violence we have had so far -- including severed arms, waterfalls with blood and snapped necks -- is more than enough.

The infamous Eddie Carr death I might remind you was at night and during rain -- there is blood if you look very closely, but it's not very clear due to the photography (which I think was intentional). :)

A R rated new adaptation, sure -- the novel is pretty damn violent -- but leave this series how it always was.

Alien³

Alien³

I agree with everything above, but who said anything about JP4 being rated R?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed