Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,178 times)

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Xan21 on Jun 23, 2013, 08:58:56 PM
I hate the spinosaurus, the animatronic moved so bad in JPIII

That's because you had your eyes shut.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Remonster on Jun 23, 2013, 08:28:16 PM
The movie is far from my favorite, but you cannot deny how good that Spinosaur looks.

I wouldn't go that far. It looks like it's made out of plastic. And while the head is realistic, it's lifeless - by taking some artistic licence with Rexy's eyes and orbits, it's full of expression and therefore more believable and menacing.

The JP3 raptors look great though in my opinion, massive real-world inaccuracy aside.

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 23, 2013, 10:35:44 PM
Quote from: Remonster on Jun 23, 2013, 08:28:16 PM
The movie is far from my favorite, but you cannot deny how good that Spinosaur looks.

I wouldn't go that far. It looks like it's made out of plastic. And while the head is realistic, it's lifeless - by taking some artistic licence with Rexy's eyes and orbits, it's full of expression and therefore more believable and menacing.

The JP3 raptors look great though in my opinion, massive real-world inaccuracy aside.

I don't see the plastic look, at least in this shot.  I've always liked the coloration of the dinos in Jp3, and I think this shot shows it well. The size of his sail, and overall bulkiness of its design, never sat well with me though.

As for the new script leak, I'm open to the idea of seeing a finished park, with all the different dinosaurs in their exhibits with the rides up and running. But I think I prefer the idea of seeing what's happened to the original park, after 20 years of rot and jungle growth not unlike the art style of The Last of Us. I would love to revisit Isla Nublar , if only for a brief part of the movie.

And seriously, can I see a Carnotaurus? It's on the top of my list of dinosaurs I would like to appear in this new movie.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 22, 2013, 09:31:01 PM
Where would they have got the DNA from? Mosquitoes don't exactly fly about under the waves. :)

If they have to do an aquatic monster movie, I'd rather see a legitimate adaptation of Peter Benchley's giant squid-themed novel, 'Beast'... I know there was a TV film, but a whole lot of stuff got changed around and the ending wasn't nearly as awesome as the one depicted in the book.

Maybe, just maybe, they could somehow do an angle with Megalodon and say soft tissue or rather was extracted from deep within a fossilized tooth. But that's very much a stretch.

Quote from: Omegazilla on Jun 23, 2013, 08:15:34 PM

Eh, it could look better. The head and sail are all wrong.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I just want them to do the Tyrannosaurus justice again. Is that so wrong?

Huh?

Huh?

Spoiler
HUUUUHHH?!
[close]

Requiem28

Requiem28

As much as I dislike that dino for what it did, it still looks fantastic there.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 23, 2013, 12:17:03 AM
New JP4 vlog!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ3_k1lsZ5c

Thoughts?

Even though I do have similar gripes with you about what genius company would still go through with making another park, I do like the idea of having an open park get chaotic. It is a concern to me that there might be too many characters if they take this approach, but I still think it can be great material for the movie.

I really think they are taking a page from Jurassic Park: The Game here with their "new, more intelligent" dinosaur. I fear it will be the Troodon. Granted, it did actually freak me out a couple of times in the game when I did manage to get immersed  :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The spino looks good in that shot, but it kind of falls apart in the close ups. Also, the eyes just look weird to me.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 23, 2013, 12:17:03 AM
New JP4 vlog!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ3_k1lsZ5c

Thoughts?

I relly like hearing your thoughts in all your vlogs.  I definitely want to hear what your opinion is on a (if ever possible) Tyrannosaurus Vs Spinosaurus rematch and a possible introduction to another super predator (Giganatosaurus, Charcaradontosaurus or possibly Acrocanthosaurus?)  Also Carnotaurus, Allosaurus and expansion on Ceratosaurus.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 24, 2013, 02:39:30 AM
Eh, it could look better. The head and sail are all wrong.
Like the Dilophosaurus' frill et al?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yup.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

The craftsmanship put into that is just insane, and I love it. Certainly worked wonders, even if the transition to CG and back to the animatronic was jarring at times. Hopefully they still use the large scale animatronics in JP4, or else they'll be taking away a lot of the beautiful combination of effects the series is known for... even if JP III kinda dropped the ball at times.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Hey Sweeps. Hey hey Sweeps.

Just for you:

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Omegazilla on Jun 24, 2013, 08:35:31 AM
Hey Sweeps. Hey hey Sweeps.

Just for you:

...I think that's the highest resolution I've ever seen that picture in.

Thank you.

Shasvre

Shasvre

There's always a bigger picture...

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed