Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,731 times)

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 21, 2013, 08:44:14 PM
I'm in two minds about this... And it feels weird, these days, to declare how I watched the original 'Jurassic Park' when it was on the big screen for the first time, but I was and can totally remember all the excited hype it spurred about genetic engineering.

I'm fearing that this won't be done right and might turn out rather predictable.

On the other hand, if that story is true? I honestly don't mind seeing muzzled Raptors and Rexes, provided they escape near the middle/end. And I honestly don't mind them being used to contain a much more threatening opponent. All of that, I can see having potential.

I'm fairly sure that the new one will either be an original, new hybridised creature, though. Or, failing that, one of those massive dragonflies or horrific arachnid creatures from ancient times. The best part about that 'King Kong' remake was the Skull Island stuff and I could see something along those lines working for this.
I never want to see man eating worms again. Christ that killed my as a kid

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Gate on Jun 21, 2013, 08:50:22 PM
I'm in two minds about this... And it feels weird, these days, to declare how I watched the original 'Jurassic Park' when it was on the big screen for the first time, but I was and can totally remember all the excited hype it spurred about genetic engineering.

I'm fearing that this won't be done right and might turn out rather predictable.

On the other hand, if that story is true? I honestly don't mind seeing muzzled Raptors and Rexes, provided they escape near the middle/end. And I honestly don't mind them being used to contain a much more threatening opponent. All of that, I can see having potential.

I'm fairly sure that the new one will either be an original, new hybridised creature, though. Or, failing that, one of those massive dragonflies or horrific arachnid creatures from ancient times. The best part about that 'King Kong' remake was the Skull Island stuff and I could see something along those lines working for this.

...Tremors?

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 21, 2013, 08:56:29 PM
Quote from: Gate on Jun 21, 2013, 08:50:22 PM

...Tremors?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hawtueu6mtI

Aspie

Aspie

...wtf O_O

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

You haven't seen the '05 King Kong?

livin_target

livin_target

Quote from: KNIGHT on Jun 21, 2013, 08:38:22 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 21, 2013, 08:26:14 PM
Quote from: Gate on Jun 21, 2013, 06:30:20 PM
I don't know how I feel about this. But I do have an idea as to what type of dinosaur it will be.

What made those dinosaurs 'special' other than looking like compys with glowing eyes action? (Sort of makes them easy to spot in the dark ... all those flashlights running around.)

Also their bite being horribly poisonous and painful.

Their nesting habits also took a little inspiration from some insects and our xenomorph friends.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Omegazilla on Jun 21, 2013, 09:07:19 PM
You haven't seen the '05 King Kong?

...I don't remember if I have or not. I definitely haven't seen it recently.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 21, 2013, 05:39:38 PM
Haha damn right DOOM!

Also...

Instead of a "new park" why isn't it a secret research facility where Paleontologists and other scientists study and debate over their findings, only to have things go wrong. I want a more scientific approach!

The general audience won't jive with "science" and "education". I hate to say it but people want to see dinosaurs rampaging. The scientific aspect of it, despite what was seen in Jurassic Park, is kept to a minimum in favour of action.

livin_target

livin_target

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 21, 2013, 09:29:43 PM
Haha damn right DOOM!

Also...

Instead of a "new park" why isn't it a secret research facility where Paleontologists and other scientists study and debate over their findings, only to have things go wrong. I want a more scientific approach!

The general audience won't jive with "science" and "education". I hate to say it but people want to see dinosaurs rampaging. The scientific aspect of it, despite what was seen in Jurassic Park, is kept to a minimum in favour of action.

I don't know. While I'm more in favour of a park setting over a more scientific one, I think the extra little bits in the original Jurassic Park to do with the science and the park itself helped pace it out very well and make it a better movie than it's sequels. However, the original did have a bit of an advantage over the other two because there was a question in everybody's minds of how they brought the dinosaurs back. By framing it in an interesting manner that didn't push disbelief too far, it created some quite memorable moments and allowed the audience to get more immersed in the film. Hell, as a kid, I remember wondering if they actually could do that if they found the right bug in some amber. At that young age, it not only entertained me but engaged my mind as well, even if it was a lot of pseudo science.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 21, 2013, 05:45:19 PM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 21, 2013, 05:34:19 PM
I'm not sure I want to see a "Tamed" T-Rex or raptors. I want them eating people damnit!!!

As much as I thoroughly LOVED Jurassic Park, the dinosaurs in the film were tame compared to the unrelenting, evisceration machines found within the pages of the book. PG-13 ... I get it. But I could use a little less Awe/Magic and a little more grit, danger, and alien creepiness from the dinosaurs this go around.

(I can't imagine anything will be tamed ... just 'locked down' and under control. They will free the old school Jurassic Park Dinosaurs to save themselves from the new ones. Chaos Theory to the rescue.)

Yes, we would all love a more violent Jurassic Park. And we probably will. The Pg-13 standards of today are much more loose than back in those days. You can get away with more violence, profanity, and sex in Pg-13 movies nowadays. Even in tv shows like Supernatural get away with so much blood, decapitation, torture, etc. We will definitely get more violence this time.

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jun 21, 2013, 08:29:40 PM
Did anybody read the update.  It was the old script that Trevorrow and Spielberg are now revising!  Hence the delay!

That update had already been posted before. The conversation had already gravitated to this topic.

mez86

mez86

I like the idea off a function park the beginning of the film should have a news report showing off the park with the tourist enjoying the rides seeing the dino in the enclosure and some dino performing showing off how amazing the park is.

not keen on the idea of ingen using the t-rex/raptors to help them fight the threat would much rather have them on the loose being a threat to the tourist has well and ingen sending in the army or own personal soldiers stationed at the park which ingen put in has a safety measure after the first incident at the park. see the soldiers go in to try secure the park and rescure the tourist/staff.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jun 21, 2013, 10:35:20 PM
Yes, we would all love a more violent Jurassic Park. And we probably will. The Pg-13 standards of today are much more loose than back in those days. You can get away with more violence, profanity, and sex in Pg-13 movies nowadays. Even in tv shows like Supernatural get away with so much blood, decapitation, torture, etc. We will definitely get more violence this time.

Jurassic Park though is established as something the whole family can enjoy, though. As much as I too would love a more violent film, I think it's unlikely we'll such more violence than we did in the first film because people have a preconceived notion of what to expect.

Quote from: livin_target on Jun 21, 2013, 10:32:52 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 21, 2013, 09:29:43 PM
Haha damn right DOOM!

Also...

I don't know. While I'm more in favour of a park setting over a more scientific one, I think the extra little bits in the original Jurassic Park to do with the science and the park itself helped pace it out very well and make it a better movie than it's sequels. However, the original did have a bit of an advantage over the other two because there was a question in everybody's minds of how they brought the dinosaurs back. By framing it in an interesting manner that didn't push disbelief too far, it created some quite memorable moments and allowed the audience to get more immersed in the film. Hell, as a kid, I remember wondering if they actually could do that if they found the right bug in some amber. At that young age, it not only entertained me but engaged my mind as well, even if it was a lot of pseudo science.

Fair point.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: mez86 on Jun 21, 2013, 11:07:00 PM
I like the idea off a function park the beginning of the film should have a news report showing off the park with the tourist enjoying the rides seeing the dino in the enclosure and some dino performing showing off how amazing the park is.

not keen on the idea of ingen using the t-rex/raptors to help them fight the threat would much rather have them on the loose being a threat to the tourist has well and ingen sending in the army or own personal soldiers stationed at the park which ingen put in has a safety measure after the first incident at the park. see the soldiers go in to try secure the park and rescure the tourist/staff.
I don't think they were serious about that. I think you're supposed to translate that as "The Raptors and the T-rex will have their fair share at giving it a run for its money or taking it in the ass from this new monster"

Alien³

Alien³

I'm worried about this "new monster"

I hope its not a Neanderthal. :-\

Imagine.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Tame Dinosaurs? The f*ck is this?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed