Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,590 times)

Gate

Gate

For T-rex 'Wankers' as you say:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xIzRXvBXvY
WHY NOT CHARCHARODONTOSAURUS?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I posted this on my Facebook wall and thought I'd share it with you guys.

Quote20 years ago, Jurassic Park was released in the U.S. It went on to become the highest-grossing film of all time (until Titanic was released), and with good reason. It showed to us the power and wonder that CG can inspire on the big screen and made moviegoers believe that dinosaurs still ruled the Earth. Let's take a moment and celebrate this cinematic masterpiece. Michael Crichton, Steven Spielberg, Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum, Laura Dern...thanks for the memories guys.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 10, 2013, 05:07:22 AM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 10, 2013, 04:36:37 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 10, 2013, 02:40:12 AM
Sounds like more lame rex wanking to me.

Would still be better than the Spino surviving getting it's neck bitten by a Rex.
They should have had the T-Rex bite the spinosaurus in a different spot instead of the neck to make it more believable.

Any other part that the Rex bit would have been severely crippled as well, but yeah, you have a point.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Well it would have at least had a plausible chance of surviving, since a bite to the neck should have meant instant death.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Well, food would be the last thing on its mind afterwards, regardless of where it was bitten. Infection is the most common and deadly outcome of a fight between large predators, and it's essential they spend a lengthy period resting to give their injuries a chance to heal over. If spiny goes swimming, running and battering down fortified fences with open wounds and broken bones, it'll be dead within days.

The idea of the big showdown at the end of the movie makes much more sense, as it can provide a reason for the spino to cross into rex territory (if pursuing the humans thoughout the film, for whatever reason...), and takes into account that the winner would be out of commission for the rest of the film. Also ties back to the first film's predator showdown finale, and is probably a neater thing to build up to rather than open with.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 11, 2013, 07:23:54 PM

Quote20 years ago, Jurassic Park was released in the U.S. It went on to become the highest-grossing film of all time (until Titanic was released), and with good reason. It showed to us the power and wonder that CG can inspire on the big screen and made moviegoers believe that dinosaurs still ruled the Earth. Let's take a moment and celebrate this cinematic masterpiece. Michael Crichton, Steven Spielberg, Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum, Laura Dern...thanks for the memories guys.

Very nice, but you forgot to mention Stan Winston!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jun 11, 2013, 11:52:28 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 11, 2013, 07:23:54 PM

Very nice, but you forgot to mention Stan Winston!

I did, didn't I :-[

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 11, 2013, 10:37:49 PM
Well, food would be the last thing on its mind afterwards, regardless of where it was bitten. Infection is the most common and deadly outcome of a fight between large predators, and it's essential they spend a lengthy period resting to give their injuries a chance to heal over. If spiny goes swimming, running and battering down fortified fences with open wounds and broken bones, it'll be dead within days.

The idea of the big showdown at the end of the movie makes much more sense, as it can provide a reason for the spino to cross into rex territory (if pursuing the humans thoughout the film, for whatever reason...), and takes into account that the winner would be out of commission for the rest of the film. Also ties back to the first film's predator showdown finale, and is probably a neater thing to build up to rather than open with.

I can only imagine how disappointing that would be if that actually happened and the Rex still lost. Wouldn't seem fitting for Jurassic Park.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Like I said, have them kill each other in a glorious Arthurian style. Besides, there's probably more Rexes hanging around somewhere.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

That would work.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Heh, it mainly stems from the fact that I really like the spino as a dinosaur.

Aspie

Aspie

I wouldn't mind Jurassic Park 4 having a bit of an oceanic setting next time around. Even if it's for a little bit.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 12, 2013, 04:05:53 AM
I wouldn't mind Jurassic Park 4 having a bit of an oceanic setting next time around. Even if it's for a little bit.

Aquaman vs the whatsit from Walking With Dinos. :)

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 12, 2013, 04:09:46 AM

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 12, 2013, 04:11:01 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 12, 2013, 04:09:46 AM

Don't want that shit, thanks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed