Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,637 times)

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Jun 07, 2013, 11:34:28 AM
I don't see how that part was campy or goofy. It was a homage to Conan Doyle's TLW and worked perfectly fine.
My two main gripes with the movie are the boat crew's death having zero explanation (plot or editing hole), the flying car in flames and the "gymnastics scene" during the raptor attack. The rest is a good non-pretentious blockbuster.

This. Thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Jun 07, 2013, 11:34:28 AM
I don't see how that part was campy or goofy. It was a homage to Conan Doyle's TLW and worked perfectly fine.
My two main gripes with the movie are the boat crew's death having zero explanation (plot or editing hole), the flying car in flames and the "gymnastics scene" during the raptor attack. The rest is a good non-pretentious blockbuster.

Finally, someone else who gets it.

Agreed on your three gripes. The flying car just kinda came out of nowhere. At least the gymnastics scene had a little explanation given Kelly was an athlete in the film.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

JURASSIC PARK made its theatrical premiere 20 years ago today :)

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Woooooo! Happy anniversary!  :)

Requiem28

Requiem28

HAPPY 20TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trunks

Trunks

Quote from: frenchfries on Jun 06, 2013, 06:44:48 PM
the lost world blows jurassic park 3 out of the water.
This guy gets it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I liked JP3.  It just needed another twenty minutes and have a proper climax instead of them just walking out into the beach and the Marines being there.

The Lost World only disappointed me because it wasn't anything like the book, which I feel is very superior to the film. 

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 09, 2013, 09:54:40 AM
I liked JP3.  It just needed another twenty minutes and have a proper climax instead of them just walking out into the beach and the Marines being there.

The Lost World only disappointed me because it wasn't anything like the book, which I feel is very superior to the film.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I would like JPIII a hell of a lot more if it wasn't for that bullshit fight between the T. Rex and the Spinosaurus.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 09, 2013, 07:24:23 PM
I would like JPIII a hell of a lot more if it wasn't for that bullshit fight between the T. Rex and the Spinosaurus.

Loved the fight. Not the outcome. The hell were they thinking?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Oh NOES, your favorite dino isn't perfect and can't win every fight!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Introduce new villian by making it face the older antagonist in order to present it as more of a threat.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Okay, granted, I have my own issues with the fight, like the fact that it just kind of happens in the first act and has very little point to it. But still, the near Mary Sue-ness some people want from the T. rex is just silly.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 09, 2013, 10:09:05 PM
Oh NOES, your favorite dino isn't perfect and can't win every fight!

THE BUTTHURT IS OVER 9000!  :laugh:

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Omegazilla on Jun 09, 2013, 10:09:29 PM
Introduce new villian by making it face the older antagonist in order to present it as more of a threat.

That was what made me dislike it right there. It was so painfully obvious. I don't have anything against the Spino and I don't necessarily prefer the T-Rex, but they should've known that little stunt wouldn't work. It slapped people right out of the movie to think about this silly thing they just saw.

Maybe if they would've left the battle for the end it wouldn't have been so bad. But it was so early in the movie everybody knew it was just to show that there's a new sheriff in town  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed