Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,574 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 06, 2013, 03:48:24 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 06, 2013, 03:28:15 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 06, 2013, 03:24:45 AM
Alien Resurrection touched on the horrors of cloning and recreating a species, something that Jurassic Park III should have done.
But... isn't that what the entire series focused on...

Yes, it is. But I feel like JPIII completely dropped the ball on that. The first film delved into that very concept. Its been a while since I've seen the second, but from what I remember it somewhat explored the 'rights' that these animals had now that they exist again on our planet. JPIII never really touched on any of that stuff...they just rescued the kid and then got off the island.

Well, JPIII's idea was always "They've evolved" (in....8 years?)

So, I wouldn't go as far as saying it was all about the rescue mission.  I think the film was more focused on showing the dinos as being smarter, faster and meaner than ever before.  Our creations are now reaching our level of instinct.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 06, 2013, 04:06:52 AM

Yeah, f**k that.

Aspie

Aspie

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jun 06, 2013, 04:30:06 AM
So, I wouldn't go as far as saying it was all about the rescue mission.  I think the film was more focused on showing the dinos as being smarter, faster and meaner than ever before.  Our creations are now reaching our level of instinct.

Fair enough.

Anyways, thinking about it, once scene I remember really liking from the third one was when the group went into the InGen building and saw all of the destroyed test tubes and whatnot. Chilling stuff.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 06, 2013, 04:33:04 AM

Fair enough.

Anyways, thinking about it, once scene I remember really liking from the third one was when the group went into the InGen building and saw all of the destroyed test tubes and whatnot. Chilling stuff.

Don't forget.....

"The Bird Cage"

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 06, 2013, 04:29:17 AM

Yaaay normal Kermit. Not demonic, soul burning Kermit.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It barely touched on even that. Only the raptors showed increased intelligence. You can't say that about the Spinosaurus or the Pteranodons because we've never seen them in action before let alone seen the former, period. The latter we only see for a few seconds on a branch at the end of TLW.

Aspie

Aspie

I liked JP3 more than the Lost World.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 06, 2013, 04:43:11 AM

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 06, 2013, 04:06:52 AM

*enters thread*
*Sees image*

Lol, f**k dat. :P

Master

Master

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 06, 2013, 04:43:11 AM

I agree, me too. LW was stupid with extermally annoying girl. It had it`s moments: whole T-Rex sequences and in-gen arrival but still very sub-pair compared to JP.

frenchfries

frenchfries

the lost world blows jurassic park 3 out of the water.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: frenchfries on Jun 06, 2013, 06:44:48 PM
the lost world blows jurassic park 3 out of the water.

Dis guy.

This guy knows what he's talking about. 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed