Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,768 times)

Gate

Gate

I think that Sem Neil wasn't speaking literally, but they do have to do something really new to capture a new audience and please the old

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The way I see things, there are two kinds of reboots. In continuity, and out of continuity. Predators is an in continuity reboot of the Predator franchise; it takes place in the same universe but it spins off in its own direction while reimagining and reinterpreting concepts from the original films. The Amazing Spider-Man is an out of continuity reboot of Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy; it uses the same characters in an entirely separate story and completely reinvents the world from the ground up.

I see Jurassic Park IV being more of a Predators than a The Amazing Spider-Man.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 21, 2013, 11:53:14 PM
The way I see things, there are two kinds of reboots. In continuity, and out of continuity. Predators is an in continuity reboot of the Predator franchise; it takes place in the same universe but it spins off in its own direction while reimagining and reinterpreting concepts from the original films. The Amazing Spider-Man is an out of continuity reboot of Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy; it uses the same characters in an entirely separate story and completely reinvents the world from the ground up.

This.

I do hope for a reboot some day. Not so soon, but some day. But the R rated reboot that i want will never happen...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Good analysis. I'm not against the idea of rebooting the series in Predators fashion because let's be honest guys. What possible fourth reason could humans come up with to return an island infested with dinosaurs?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 22, 2013, 02:47:53 AM

Good analysis. I'm not against the idea of rebooting the series in Predators fashion because let's be honest guys. What possible fourth reason could humans come up with to return an island infested with dinosaurs?
For the lulz?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Man vs Wild: Isla Nublar

Gate

Gate

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 22, 2013, 03:17:25 AM

Man vs Wild: Isla Nublar

A reality tv show....

Naked Castaways, except with dinos.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

With the dinos-as-hounds-of-war John Sayle's script in mind... read this:

http://io9.com/when-pets-get-drafted-the-bizarre-history-of-animal-so-509118476

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Animal cruelty at its finest <_<

Requiem28

Requiem28

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The can would be far beyond obsolete by now. JP: The Game told us the best story revolving around it considering it takes place literally seconds after the chopper at the end of the movie leaves.

Gate

Gate

Yes, and Im placing myself into this conversation before someone tries to deny the Videogame's canon story.

Nublar is torched. The barbasol can is gone. End of story.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The video game isn't official canon as far as I know. But either way, the can is meaningless.

Gate

Gate

People can choose to believe what they want, I.E. headcanon but I do believe that the Franchise-holders stated this story is part of the official timeline

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 22, 2013, 11:49:15 PM
The video game isn't official canon as far as I know. But either way, the can is meaningless.

I think they did declare it official canon in the runup to release, but I'd be shocked if any film writer ever takes that on board.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed