Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,402 times)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Rick Grimes on May 08, 2013, 02:16:14 PM
Because it is Universal. They fired Al Pacino for having "creative differences" with the director of Despicable Me 2. The studio wants full control and they have to learn to work with the actors/production team, etc  and allow them to express their given roles and portray them the way they feel works best. Not tell them "no, you can't do that. You have to do it MY way." That's bad workmanship right there.

Isn't 20th Century Fox a lot like that too?

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Requiem28 on May 08, 2013, 02:19:37 PM
Because it is Universal. They fired Al Pacino for having "creative differences" with the director of Despicable Me 2. The studio wants full control and they have to learn to work with the actors/production team, etc  and allow them to express their given roles and portray them the way they feel works best. Not tell them "no, you can't do that. You have to do it MY way." That's bad workmanship right there.

Not really sure. Haven't heard much about them. I know that Disney is becoming that way with Marvel, and AMC Studios have had experiences like this in the past with always changing show runners for The walking Dead.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Rick Grimes on May 08, 2013, 02:30:51 PM
Quote from: Requiem28 on May 08, 2013, 02:19:37 PM

Not really sure. Haven't heard much about them. I know that Disney is becoming that way with Marvel, and AMC Studios have had experiences like this in the past with always changing show runners for The walking Dead.

But that's not true. At least for now.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Dinosaurs running amok in a city? I bet it would be fun to watch, but not in my JP movies (exactly how i feel about World War Z ...). And I think it wouldn't come across to well with general audiences. Since the Lost World kinda did that at a lower scale.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 08, 2013, 10:13:22 AM
...what could "EPIC" mean in the jurassic park franchise? :P

genetically engineered smarter T-Rex's jumping down from choppers with large guns in their tiny hands?

Spoiler
Oh god, let that be true :P
[close]

No, it means,

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 08, 2013, 10:13:22 AM
...what could "EPIC" mean in the jurassic park franchise? :P

genetically engineered smarter T-Rex's jumping down from choppers with large guns in their tiny hands?

Spoiler
Oh god, let that be true :P
[close]

This is why Turok needs to be made. :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

In other JP news, these lovelies arrived yesterday and today 8)

http://instagram.com/p/ZDx2J2FEsR/

Who else remembers those cups?

Requiem28

Requiem28

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

I see this as good news. Would rather wait a while longer and get a decent movie, than have it be rushed and fail to entertain.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Requiem28 on May 08, 2013, 06:23:34 PM
F**KING BITCH A** MOTHER F**KERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.universalpictures.com/news/Universal_Announcemenet_JP4_1.pdf

This is a good thing. As I mentioned earlier, if these hiccups persist, better to delay it a bit than rush it.

Remonster

Remonster

Curious how long the delay is. I can't imagine Universal wanting to pit Jurassic Park against GOTG and Star Wars in summer 2015. Hopefully it's just a couple months, like late augest-september.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

GOTG is 20114, actually. The next Avengers film is 2015, which will be even more of a problem for JPIV.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 08, 2013, 06:13:01 PM
In other JP news, these lovelies arrived yesterday and today 8)

http://instagram.com/p/ZDx2J2FEsR/

Who else remembers those cups?

Hah, I do. Being a picky eater I wouldn't eat anything more adventurous than fries, nuggets and doughnuts at McDonalds, so my parents would buy me happy meals just for the cups and eat all the horsemeat and processed sewage themselves. Did love those cups, though.

Did you go for the Stingray ones too? They had awesome little models on top if memory serves.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 08, 2013, 06:54:49 PM
GOTG is 20114, actually.
Wow, that's quite the wait. I was expecting it to be released sooner, honestly.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KNIGHT on May 08, 2013, 06:56:50 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 08, 2013, 06:54:49 PM
GOTG is 20114, actually.
Wow, that's quite the wait. I was expecting it to be released sooner, honestly.

Well, seeing as its set in space and whatnot, they figured they'd wait until we had heap space travel in order to save money on special effects ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed