Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,497 times)

Magegg

Magegg

I'd like the next Jurassic Park film something akin to Prometheus.

An expedition travels to outer space and they find a strange asteroid containing an ecosystem filled with dinosaurs. Although everything seem to be alright, they find out there's an alien civilization that use the dinosaurs as weapons to conquer other planets, and they could be the responsible of the engineering of the Earth species.

It could be an epic trilogy including dinosaurs on UFOs attacking Earth.

Director: Ben Affleck

Cast:
Kristanna Loken - Dr. Christine Howard
Orlando Bloom - Dr. Edmund Rankin
Jake Glynenhall - Mr. David Graham, sponsor of the expedition
Daniel Davis - Clinton Arvor, European rich leader of an ufologist sect
Doug Jones - The aliens (several roles)

Working titles:
- Jurassic Planet
- Jurassic Army
- Jurassic Park - Conquest

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Magegg on Apr 13, 2013, 10:14:41 PM

An expedition travels to outer space and they find a strange asteroid containing an ecosystem filled with dinosaurs. Although everything seem to be alright, they find out there's an alien civilization that use the dinosaurs as weapons to conquer other planets, and they could be the responsible of the engineering of the Earth species.

Cast:

Working titles:
- Jurassic Planet
- Jurassic Army

As long as it's not related to JP i'm all for it..

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Apr 13, 2013, 10:19:55 PM

Cast:

Working titles:
- Jurassic Planet
- Jurassic Army

As long as it's not related to JP i'm all for it..

It would be entirely related to JP, with Joseph Mazzello reprising his role as a smart-ass dinosaur erudit kid now a grown-up archaelogyst/astronaut.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

:laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vertigo on Apr 13, 2013, 07:14:09 PM
Hate to be a pedant (did I convince anyone there?) but it's a Tylosaurus in JP:TG. They look a little similar but they're from totally different lineages - Tylosaurus is a mosasaur, quite closely related to snakes. Kronosaurus is a pliosaur, they appeared at least 50 million years before the mosasaur tree diverged from the lizardy Squamata, and their ancestors diverged from basal reptiles another 50 before that.

it's genetic engineering, rawr

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

From the 'Last Movie You Watched' thread:

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 13, 2013, 11:35:11 PM
I just got back from Jurassic Park 3D. I'm not going to lie, as much as I love this movie, I just never did make plans to go see this. But a few hours ago my dad randomly suggested it, and how could I pass up the opportunity?

Needless to say, I loved every minute of it. The music, the special effects, the awe of the whole experience. And the 3D was great too. I'm not particularly fond of 3D and haven't seen many movies in the format, but this was certainly the best use of 3D in a live action film I have ever seen. The T-Rex's initial appearance left my jaw hanging on the floor...

ace3g

ace3g

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=77543

JURASSIC PARK: Making Of The Animatronic T-Rex

blood.

blood.

Cast:

Working titles:
- Jurassic Planet
- Jurassic Army

TUROK the movie :P

Just got back watching Jurassic Park on the big screen

So good it brings a tear to my eye... or maybe it was just because of the 3D. One of the greatest movies of all time. I love it. Grew up watching it. I can only imagine how awesome it would be for anyone seeing it for the first time. I know the film back to front and still loved every minute.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Anyone else bothered by the late start date for shooting?

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Requiem28 on Apr 14, 2013, 03:39:11 PMAnyone else bothered by the late start date for shooting?

Nope, considering the other films "suffered" from the same.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Requiem28 on Apr 14, 2013, 03:39:11 PM

They're filming in July right?

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Apr 14, 2013, 04:16:38 PM
Quote from: Requiem28 on Apr 14, 2013, 03:39:11 PM

They're filming in July right?

Yeah. 

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

About the first one:

QuoteAfter 25 months of pre-production, filming began on August 24, 1992

QuoteRelease date(s) June 11, 1993

They worked with even less time for production and post.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Apr 14, 2013, 04:21:04 PM
About the first one:

QuoteAfter 25 months of pre-production, filming began on August 24, 1992

QuoteRelease date(s) June 11, 1993

They worked with even less time for production and post.

Well then, I hope they can pull-off another miracle.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

The number one rule of filmmaking is to "Never begin with a release date first." Doing so, only means the production will be rushed so the studio can have to movie released on such date given. You never do that. You always start with pre-production first and move forward with filming. By the time you're finished with post-production, you an set out a possible release date for the movie is already finished.

I don't know why so many movies try that now. It was never like that before. I always remember hearing it as "(insert movie title here) began production today, be on the look out for updates." You would have to wait months before we were given an official release date. Teaser trailers would always say "coming soon" now every teaser has an established date for when the movie comes out. It was always a mystery to me as to when a movie will be released. But they don't do that anymore. They put out a specific release date for any given movie now EVEN before any filming, casting, scripting has begun! That's not how you do it.

Doing so, causes the studio to like I said, rush through production and put together a patchy job. They start filming in July. Okay, good. We have a director, and an official set release date. Okay, no where is the cast? We have from now (April) until June to hear an official cast announced. That's nearly three months. What are the cast going to do? Start filming right away as they walk onto set? Christ, I hope they can rehearse their lines before cameras role. On top of that, the movie is released in June of 2014. Nearly a year away can you believe it? It's almost here.

If they start filming in July, I'd say production will wrap November/December. That gives them 2-3 months to do some post production editing and to pump out enough advertisements and marketing trailers, posters, toys, and so on. 2014 will be full blown Jurassic Park over exposure Summer Fever I'll you that. I can bet a trailer to be out by either this Winter or early Spring in March/April.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed