Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,808 times)

Gate

Gate

Don't get cheap on me Dodgson

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Dodgson, we've got Dodgson here!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I really wish they'd expanded on that in the film. In the book, there's a very detailed account of why Nedry goes rogue but in the film it just seems like he's angry for no real reason.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, he's just a greedy bitch in the movie.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 07, 2013, 05:55:41 AM
Yeah, he's just a greedy bitch in the movie.

That was easily understand by me when I saw it in theaters back in 1993. Didn't need any other reason for him to go rogue other than that.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

There's a line he says, "Don't get cheap on me Dodgson. That was Hammond's mistake." The implication is that he feels cheated but we're never told why. It kinda does matter.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 07, 2013, 06:46:29 AM
There's a line he says, "Don't get cheap on me Dodgson. That was Hammond's mistake." The implication is that he feels cheated but we're never told why. It kinda does matter.

I don't see how, him selling the f**king stuff for money is really all you need for him to go rogue. If you're gonna make a shit ton of money, who in the hell cares what happens to the employer that is being screwed over?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I was busy this weekend. So I hope to see Jurassic Park 3D next week.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 07, 2013, 05:52:58 AM
I really wish they'd expanded on that in the film. In the book, there's a very detailed account of why Nedry goes rogue but in the film it just seems like he's angry for no real reason.
We also have the brief back and forth between him and Hammond later on.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

He considered himself underpaid for the services rendered, and therefore when he was contacted by Dodgson to steal the embryos for a f**kton of money, he said yes. It was probably enough to ensure an early retirement.

Alien³

Alien³

From The Memoirs of John Parker Hammond...

"Dennis Nedry I found in Cambridge, and despite his idiosyncrasies, he was years ahead of his competition. Dennis fancied himself quite the hacker; he had his own locks for his doors. His office decorations were quite outside company regulations."

"It was 3 A.M. The room was strewn with soda cans, and for the hundredth time we ran the extraction sequence. As Nedry typed, the world seemed to hold its breath, and for a moment we stood at the turning point between two great planetary eras: the million-year reign of man, and the age of the dinosaurs. "Dennis? What are we looking at here?" All my life I waited for something great, something extraordinary. And then... it opened up. The code read true."

"In 1989, the park was nearly complete. Our investors demanded on-site approval and I, idiotically as it now turned out, believed we were ready. The debacle of August 27, 1989 is now quite well known, and the legal consequences were, as you may well imagine, rather extensive. I still believe Nedry left himself a back door, something about the hobbits or god knows what."

From Jurassic Park - "I am totally unappreciated in my time."

Nedry obviously turned to a rival company because he felt as if he was the real miracle worker. However he saw money as a show of appreciation.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 07, 2013, 08:48:14 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 07, 2013, 05:52:58 AM
We also have the brief back and forth between him and Hammond later on.

Indeed, but it still wasn't as much as I would've liked personally. That's just me.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 07, 2013, 06:46:29 AM

Really?  In the US, we never got the "That was Hammond's mistake," part.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Bizarre. It is right before the film cuts to the flying chopper.

ace3g

ace3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdhYZvNcNRk#ws

It's there and honestly I never realized that is what he said; it is very muffled

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed