Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,865 times)

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 30, 2013, 10:59:45 PM
You sure? Because there's a kronosaurus in this script, gandalf.... :laugh:

Sure, there's a Kronosaurus.

Spoiler
For what would equate to about 20 seconds in the actual movie, Sayles finally brings in an aquatic reptile to the series, and it's somehow been floating off the coast of Nublar, and this is all we get?
[close]

Alien³

Alien³

As a huge JP fan I'm not reading that script.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I am.

Cause if the actual film is disappointing, I can always say 'well, it's better than that script'.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: XenoVC on Mar 31, 2013, 06:00:58 AM

Spoiler
For what would equate to about 20 seconds in the actual movie, Sayles finally brings in an aquatic reptile to the series, and it's somehow been floating off the coast of Nublar, and this is all we get?
[close]

The Kronosaurus TAKES DOWN A PLANE, kills 1 dude and nearly om noms noms the main character... and you want more? :P

Hell, that's more memorable than the 1 kill the dilophosaurus got in the first film. :P

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 31, 2013, 10:59:36 AM

Spoiler
[close]

The Kronosaurus TAKES DOWN A PLANE, kills 1 dude and nearly om noms noms the main character... and you want more? :P

Hell, that's more memorable than the 1 kill the dilophosaurus got in the first film. :P

A kronosaurus taking down a plane.. I'm a bit fuzzy on what I know about marine reptiles, but I'm pretty sure a Kronosaurus can't fly....

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Maybe the plane was hovering over the water.

Reminds me of Lake Placid, ya know.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

^ bingo. The kronosaurus jumps and bites the tail of the small plane... as it hovers above water.

aw just read the damn script will ya, folks? :laugh:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bjwknf

The very first scene reminded me of Gremlins...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 31, 2013, 12:53:33 PM
^ bingo. The kronosaurus jumps and bites the tail of the small plane... as it hovers above water.
Here's something they could transfer to the actual film.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

The only action scenes in the script that felt "off" to me were the ones with the "Excavaraptors" and the ones with the Pterosaurs chasing down the kids... The first one due to being based around a type of dinosaur made up for the script and the second one due to it having the goofy feel and humor of the T-Rex smashing San Diego in Lost World.

Everything else felt legit and properly badass. (over the top? yep. But badass.. and a more entertaining roller coaster than the third film.) the dialogue and characters was head and shoulders above the 3rd film too.

oh and btw.. Ankylosaurus, madafakas.  :P

Nychus

Nychus

What can I say, this picture kinda sums up the whole soup:

Like already stated at JPL, it appears more like a spin-off than a true sequel and I think Sayles was definitely not being serious with this. It reads off as something that he was writing to merely play tongue-in-cheek and there probably were a lot of re-writes judging by the Homocraptor art that followed. While the human characters are interestingly written the main attractions weren't being treated passionately, most evident being the Dilophosaurus that Sayles not only calls "Chlamydosaurus" in obvious reference to the Australian frilled lizard but also gives it physical traits that simply could not exist in the creature that we saw in the first movie without being a horribly executed retcon(kinda like the Sornaensis Raptors being presented as Nublarensis identity). Don't even get me started with the "Excavaraptors" and the random Pteranodon attack of the last page. Von Drax wasn't all that interesting and played out as some Mission Impossible type of antagonist with convenient second hand thugs doing his bidding out of loyalty and greed.

What I did like about it;

- Nublar as a returning location at the beginning.
- The Deinonychus/Velociraptor being capable of changing skin color akin to Carnotaurus and Raptors of the novels as that makes them more intimidating(I know some will disagree).
- Dilophosaurus being at least featured as a more recurring threat. Same with Ankylosaurus.
- The main characters having well established backgrounds(save for the aforementioned villain).

Definitely not a proper JP sequel that we are wishing although I did enjoy reading it. Nevertheless, Jurassic Park: The Game pretty much owns this in every conceivable way as the Barbasol can plot line and I'm happy that TellTale had the chance to make it a reality instead of this becoming a movie.

A lackluster sequel spin-off that we are definitely better off without although it makes me all that more curious about what else Universal is up to now.

Final score: 5.6 out of 10.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Didnt you get "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" vibes? Specially with the "Spartacus" deynonichus?

Kinda funny that writers in the film right now are the ones responsible for "that" flick.  :P

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: KNIGHT on Mar 31, 2013, 12:37:56 PM
Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 31, 2013, 10:59:36 AM

Spoiler
[close]

A kronosaurus taking down a plane.. I'm a bit fuzzy on what I know about marine reptiles, but I'm pretty sure a Kronosaurus can't fly....

It's related to Mega Shark, duh... :P

Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 31, 2013, 12:53:33 PM

aw just read the damn script will ya, folks? :laugh:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bjwknf

The very first scene reminded me of Gremlins...

Oh... :(

Nychus

Nychus

Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 31, 2013, 02:16:04 PM
Didnt you get "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" vibes? Specially with the "Spartacus" deynonichus?

Kinda funny that writers in the film right now are the ones responsible for "that" flick.  :P
Life is full of irony. And yeah, the end did remind me of the apes departing to the woods only in here they're the dinosaurs. :P

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Eh, gonna give the script a read for fun.

Remonster

Remonster

It's a quick read. Honestly, the idea of going back to Nulbar was pretty awesome. But the script was full of too much dumb crap for me to care. The Kronosaur part was actually awesome, but felt way too random and had zero explanation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed