Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,606 times)

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 25, 2013, 07:24:26 PM
I would love it if the designs from all three films appeared together. I'm in particular affectioned to the more brightly colored TLW males.

In Jurassic Time (narrated by Richard Attenborough) Hammond talks about three tribes of Raptors. Maybe we've seen two so far, one in JP and TLW and another in JP3. Hammond also explains the third tribe staked its territory in the mountains, maybe they could have feathers.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 25, 2013, 10:42:56 PM
I would love it if the designs from all three films appeared together. I'm in particular affectioned to the more brightly colored TLW males.

In Jurassic Time (narrated by Richard Attenborough) Hammond talks about three tribes of Raptors. Maybe we've seen two so far, one in JP and TLW and another in JP3. Hammond also explains the third tribe staked its territory in the mountains, maybe they could have feathers.

I somewhat doubt the third tribe would have feathers.

I mean, OTHER than the fact that JP4 was confirmed for no feathers.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I wonder if the Thirteenth Tribe had feathers.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

So say we all.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

So say we all.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

SO SAY WE ALL.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: KNIGHT on Mar 25, 2013, 10:44:37 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 25, 2013, 10:42:56 PM

I somewhat doubt the third tribe would have feathers.

I mean, OTHER than the fact that JP4 was confirmed for no feathers.

Yeah I know, I was pointing out (to all those feather lovers out there) a third tribe of raptors that could have feathers. If we don't see them in JP4...meh. I don't particularly want feathers on the dinosaurs we've already seen.

;)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 25, 2013, 07:25:36 PM
The white "female" in JP3 is my favourite :)

Cause she's the only normal looking one.

Isn't it funny how the TLW raptors are the only ones that had the vertical slit eyes?  If you think about it, all three tribes have already been revealed.  I personally would love to see the first JP raptors return in the 4th.  Those are TERRIFYING.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Requiem28 on Mar 26, 2013, 01:15:50 AM
Those are TERRIFYING.

The kitchen scene :'(

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

The TLW raptors weren't bad at all, but they had a certain feeling of... scripteness to them? Like, when they appeared, it felt like a time that they would and should. Jurassic Park's were just terrifying, full of animalistic unpredictability. They always showed up at the worst time and you never saw it coming; they made the jungle and by extension, the facilities, feel like the Nostromo -- where every turn was a dark one and you always had a sense of being hunted.

One of my favorite moments is one you don't even see, just Muldoon telling Ellie (and the audience) what he sees... and we know to trust him because he's a seasoned hunter and tracker. So what does that mean when he's bested by the creatures? Nothing good is to come.

Jurassic Park 3's raptors? Abomination-tier. Passive, felt highly scripted, and existed only to feed a shitty side-plot. Let's hope Jurassic Park IV does them justice.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 25, 2013, 01:41:58 PM
Jurassic Park dinosaurs are genetically engineered fictional animals based loosely on real dinosaurs. That has always been the case. Feathers should only appear on dinosaurs we haven't already seen.

No thanks. If they decide to introduce a feathered Apatosaurus, I'm outta here.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 26, 2013, 02:39:08 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 25, 2013, 01:41:58 PM
Jurassic Park dinosaurs are genetically engineered fictional animals based loosely on real dinosaurs. That has always been the case. Feathers should only appear on dinosaurs we haven't already seen.

No thanks. If they decide to introduce a feathered Apatosaurus, I'm outta here.

Don't worry they won't. ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

More Ceratosaurus and Carnotaurus. Cannot go wrong with feathers or not, cos they were most definitely scaly beasts.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Evolution of the Raptor:

Jurassic Park

The Lost World: Jurassic Park

Jurassic Park III

To me, the scariest one has to be TLW Raptor. I love the tiger stripes and those menacing eyes. The Jurassic Park Raptor is the most natural looking one while the JP3 Raptor is the silliest looking one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed