Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,349 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 21, 2013, 06:24:33 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 21, 2013, 06:10:02 PM
As for the second film and its Trike, how do you mean questionably powerful?
It threw the jeep on that tree.

Unless I don't remember correctly and it was something else.

In that case shame on me for not remembering something from one of the films I am most affectioned to. The Lost World, mind you. Goodness.   :-[

Is that what it was? I always thought it was explosion that sent it flying. We see the Trike plow through the jeep initially but never actually toss it in the air.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 21, 2013, 06:24:33 PM
:laugh:

Holy shit and he's the Paleontological supervisor for all three films. This paired with the stuff he says on the behind the scenes featurettes about a carnivore's length being directly proportional to its savagery is right about spectacular.

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jan 21, 2013, 07:38:26 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 21, 2013, 06:10:02 PM

He does. He actually went on record once (damned if I can find the quote right now though) and said he hates T.Rex and refuses to accept that it was a legitimate hunter.

Once, he's said that many times. It makes me wonder though if he still holds onto that assertion after all the evidence that has come out in the past decade.

I think he's re-evaluated his position. When I attended a symposium he led a few years back, his words were, "I think T.Rex was an opportunistic animal".

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 21, 2013, 07:58:55 PM
Is that what it was? I always thought it was explosion that sent it flying. We see the Trike plow through the jeep initially but never actually toss it in the air.
Wouldn't the explosion have torn it apart?

Bah! An excuse to rewatch the film though. ;)

"I think T.Rex was an opportunistic animal".
Interesting. I think lemons are yellow!

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

I think he's re-evaluated his position. When I attended a symposium he led a few years back, his words were, "I think T.Rex was an opportunistic animal".

Thats pretty big for him. It honestly is. Though I doubt he will ever come right out and say it after saying T Rex was just a lowly scavenger for so many decades.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 21, 2013, 07:55:10 PM
Vertigo;

Are you reading The Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs? or is it another book I am not aware of?

Yup, though it's called Dinosaurs: A Field Guide over here (assuming we don't know what a Princeton is, I guess).

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Coolios. I'll have to import that sometimes.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 21, 2013, 08:04:23 PM
Wouldn't the explosion have torn it apart?

Bah! An excuse to rewatch the film though. ;)

I just re-watched the scene in question. After trashing the satellite jeep, the Trike just sort of plods off-screen, we one explosion from Dieter's perspective, then hear another from where Ajay and Roland are sitting in the tree. I don't think the Trike is the reason it goes flying because it only knocks it over then we don't see or hear it again.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 21, 2013, 08:04:23 PM
"I think T.Rex was an opportunistic animal".
Interesting. I think lemons are yellow!

And oranges are...well...what came first the fruit or the colour? ;D

Alien³

Alien³

As much I enjoy JP3 (as a bit of fun) I can't ignore stupid faults.

Why do the Raptors chase them half way around the island for two eggs? I mean all the nests were unguarded, what did they expect. Not only have InGen probably grown egg eating dinosaurs but rats probably live on the island too. Stupid. I'd preferred the Raptors to chase them just because they're evil, and wanted to play mind games with them.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Alien³ on Jan 21, 2013, 11:27:57 PM

Why do the Raptors chase them half way around the island for two eggs? I mean all the nests were unguarded, what did they expect. Not only have InGen probably grown egg eating dinosaurs but rats probably live on the island too. Stupid. I'd preferred the Raptors to chase them just because they're evil, and wanted to play mind games with them.

Agreed.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If anyone's interested, Series II figures are popping up like crazy on eBay. I just recently bid on a complete set of the small dinosaur figures along with the base human figures. Not exactly cheap, but if you're a collector, it's worth a search.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Requiem28

Requiem28

Nice.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Jan 25, 2013, 03:27:39 PM

Its a better TWD poster than the one we got for this season ;)

In all seriousness though, really cool.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Jan 25, 2013, 03:27:39 PM

That is really trippy. I wonder what that would appear like if one were taking acid.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: Alien³ on Jan 21, 2013, 11:27:57 PM

Plot Twist: The Raptors ALLOWED them to take the eggs, as a reason to follow them around, play mind games, and possibly as a point of tearing the group apart at certain points in the story.

It gets really boring on that island, not much else for the raptors to do.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 25, 2013, 06:09:19 PM
Its a better TWD poster than the one we got for this season ;)
Are you talking about this one?

Yeah, I didn't like it either  :-\ although, my guess is that they'll use this for their Season Three Limited Edition digipak set like they did with seasons 1 and 2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed