Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,326 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 14, 2013, 08:48:23 PM
Hell yes, the Pteranodon turning its head around still sends chills down my spine every time. Masterfully shot. In addition, the score was right-on perfect.
Definitely the best scene in the film in general, right from the beginning with the Pteranodon in the mist.

The Ptero scene is definitely the best sequence in the movie. The buildup to it was really well-done.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I guess I would have a way easier time watching Jurassic Park III if the T.Rex/Spino fight went differently. The Tyrannosaur would have won as soon as he got his jaws around the Spino's neck in the beginning. That's six tons of force coming together on that thing's thin neck, crushing vertebrae and peircing flesh. Ding ding, spinosaurus aegypticus for dinner, everyone.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

But the Spino has arms and strength where the T-Rex didn't. He snapped and twisted that things neck like it was easy.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Actually... in reality Spino is believed to have been more frail in comparison to T-rex.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Movie magic. It would have sucked worse had they used T-Rex as the main Dino Baddie.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 15, 2013, 02:57:17 AM
Actually... in reality Spino is believed to have been more frail in comparison to T-rex.

Yep, Spinosaurus ever since Jurassic Park III has been exaggerated in popular media to ridiculous levels.

Planet Dinosaur so far is the only series to portray (that I know of) what most scientist deduce Spinosaurus was actually like. A fish eating scavenger that once met with a dinosaur made for hunting (Charcaradontosaurs, can't remember the spelling atm) would have only two choices: fight back (which it was not good at it since it was adapted for eating fish and dead animals) or run away, which would be the sensible solution.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Yes. Spinosaurus is believed by many paleontologists to have been a scavenger and a fisher, much like it's cousin's Baryonyx or Suchomimus. It's spine was a massive weak point as well, filled with nerve endings. Tyrannosaurus is believed by many paleontologists to have been an oppurtunist, able to take down big game if needed, but not hesitating to steal a free corpse from a rival predator. (However few they were.)

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Jan 15, 2013, 02:55:14 AM
But the Spino has arms and strength where the T-Rex didn't. He snapped and twisted that things neck like it was easy.

No, I was referring to the beginning of the fight where the Tyrannosaur bites down on the Spinosaurus' neck. That would have been the end, due to the T.Rex's massive, crushing bite force.

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Jan 15, 2013, 03:03:48 AM
Movie magic. It would have sucked worse had they used T-Rex as the main Dino Baddie.

Could not disagree with you more.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jan 15, 2013, 03:07:30 AM
No, I was referring to the beginning of the fight where the Tyrannosaur bites down on the Spinosaurus' neck. That would have been the end, due to the T.Rex's massive, crushing bite force.
If you watch the fight carefully, T-Rex barely, bites down on his neck. He can't even get a good grab on him either. He lightly clamps down before the Spino pushes him away.

In with the old out with the new. I wonder who the main baddie will be in the fourth one.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Jan 15, 2013, 03:15:24 AM
If you watch the fight carefully, T-Rex barely, bites down on his neck. He can't even get a good grab on him either. He lightly clamps down before the Spino pushes him away.

In with the old out with the new. I wonder who the main baddie will be in the fourth one.

That's the thing. T.Rex never really bit down lightly. If it was fighting a rival carnivore, it would surely clamp down full power to crush it's neck. Plus, T.Rex pushes the thing into the ground after biting it. I would think that is after applying full bite force. f**king hollywood and their bullshit.

As for who is going to be the Logosaurus in IV...well, you guys know who I think it should be.

Spoiler
[close]

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

I'd rather the Raptor be the Logosaurus.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

As long as they have Tyrannosaurus actually return and be the badass everyone knows it is, I'm fine.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Unless it's a dinosaur that actually could realistically take down a Tyrannosaurus, I don't really want anything but the Rex in the Logo.

Unless, of course...

Spoiler
[close]

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Dude! Carnotaurus would have been nothing to a Tyrannosaur! C'mon, now!

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

I didn't mean it in a "Carno can totally kick Rexes ass"

I meant it in a "It would be great to see TLWBook version of Carnotaurus as the baddie in the film"

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I guess so, but people are gonna expect T.Rex to be the logosaurus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed