Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,396 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I remember when we got a AVP teaser when they did the Alien re-release in 2003. So it's possible we might get a small teaser in April.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

No way there's gonna be a teaser in 3 months time.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Godzilla got a teaser last summer at Comic-Con and it doesn't start filming until March... They could put together a small something.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

I guess they could do a poster.  :-\

I'm still skeptical about a 2014 release though.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Jan 14, 2013, 09:33:28 AM
Godzilla got a teaser last summer at Comic-Con and it doesn't start filming until March... They could put together a small something.

Yeah, agreed, I think we'll see something. It'll probably just be something like TLW's teaser, in which water ripples in a tyrannosaur footprint (ie. not film footage) with a tagline. I'll extend my johnson into the ether and suggest "JP4: When Studying Dromaeosaurids Please Properly Dispose Of Candy Bar Wrappers".

Thinking about it though, The Hobbit had a proper, film footaged trailer available a year away from release - we're only five months out from that with JP4 and they don't even have a director yet, let alone a selection of filmed and processed footage. I really think they're rushing it with that June 2014 date.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 14, 2013, 03:57:11 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Jan 13, 2013, 05:59:07 PM
Look guys, Jurassic Park 4 has just been announced I wanna see people talking about that and keep the arguing elsewhere. Can we get back on topic?

So Alien3...

I'm working on getting my hands on some Series II material. Do you own any of those?

From Jurassic Park Series II I have...

Dilophosaurus
Velociraptor
Quetzalcoatlus

Btw my first collection video has just passed 1,000,000 views! 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL5zpl-8_Mw#ws

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quetz, nice! I want one soooooo badly but the loose ones never seem to have their capture gear with them and unfortunately, the MISB ones are super expensive. I may have struck out on a MISB Carnotaurus though; $275.

Alien³

Alien³

Yeah, as time goes on they'll rise in price. I got my series II when they were first released so they were not too expensive, still have them from when I was a kid. I hope the JPIV line of toys go back to the old molds they used for JP and TLW because the JP3 toys kinda sucked.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Speaking of JP toys, I just realized that the Papo JP Rex head is way out of proportion with the body.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Vertigo on Jan 14, 2013, 10:13:09 AM

Yeah, agreed, I think we'll see something. It'll probably just be something like TLW's teaser, in which water ripples in a tyrannosaur footprint (ie. not film footage) with a tagline. I'll extend my johnson into the ether and suggest "JP4: When Studying Dromaeosaurids Please Properly Dispose Of Candy Bar Wrappers".

Thinking about it though, The Hobbit had a proper, film footaged trailer available a year away from release - we're only five months out from that with JP4 and they don't even have a director yet, let alone a selection of filmed and processed footage. I really think they're rushing it with that June 2014 date.

Difference is The Hobbit was a much, much larger production than this will be.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 14, 2013, 03:04:43 PM
Quote from: Vertigo on Jan 14, 2013, 10:13:09 AM

Difference is The Hobbit was a much, much larger production than this will be.

Godzilla has until next May to be released and they're pretty much at the same stage as JPIV (with the exception of having a director and a possible cast line-up)

Besides, Joe Johnston and many of the original cast members expressed great interest in returning (Sam Niell, Jeff Goldblum, Laura Dern, Joseph Mazzello, possibly Ariana Richards (great painter she has become!) and even Richard Attenborough) 

Bringing back Julianne Moore, hell, even Alessandro Nivola would be cool too. 

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

I hate to say it, but normally when a film studio sets a release date out first, that means they'll usually rush the production to get the movie out by that exact date. Whereas you start production, take two-three years to film then set a release date, you're good to go.

Think about it, they have 14 months from now to June 2014 to complete this movie.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

2-3 years of filming? Dude, not even LotR spent that long on filming.

14 months is plenty of time. Takes roughly 120 days for shooting, on the outside. Keep in mind that even though it's only just been announced officially, preproduction has still been going on for quite some time.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 14, 2013, 03:19:01 PM
2-3 years of filming? Dude, not even LotR spent that long on filming.

14 months is plenty of time. Takes roughly 120 days for shooting, on the outside. Keep in mind that even though it's only just been announced officially, preproduction has still been going on for quite some time.

Yes, and with advancements in technology and possibly still some left over JP dino animatronics, it shouldn't take too long to get the special effects done.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Since 2001. They've been in development Hell and tons of tossed out scripts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed