Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,160 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jan 13, 2013, 04:52:02 PM
Aren't you missing the latest episode of self destructive moaners?
I don't watch Fox News, sorry.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 13, 2013, 04:57:05 PM
Irrelevant. Series of toys was titled 'Aliens' with the film font. Obviously aimed at those kids who had watched the film and found it appealing. If they made the figures in the first place, it's because they saw marketing potential in the film.
And how successful were they? Let's find out below!

...but suddenly! Alien: Resurrection came in and...
http://outlandct.com/catalog/images/alienrwarrioralien
http://di1-2.shoppingshadow.com/images/pi/1f/df/8e/106248309-260x260-0-0_hasbro+hasbro+signature+series+alien+resurrection+.jpg
...and they bombed magnificently. Because the series isn't aimed at kids, kids weren't into the films, and no Alien film since has had toys aimed at kids marketed after it. Even AVP, with its family friendly PG-13 rating!

Not in the slightest.
You're really going to argue that of the four films, Aliens isn't the most kid-friendly? Good luck with that.

Here's where I wanted you. Nowhere in your 'argument' did you mention ratings; you just said that they were aimed squarely at kids because they had child co-leads. :)
That's also why I purposedly selected films with different ratings: whereas yes, most of the films I mentioned are R, The Ring is PG-13, and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is PG. Both are not R and have child co-leads.
You should have enough common sense to know that an R-rated horror film with child co-leads is obviously including them for reasons other than to pander to that demographic :) And, uh, Temple of Doom is geared toward kids. Just randomly grabbing at films that feature child co-leads for story reasons is different than the child co-leads of the Jurassic Park films, which forceably insert them into the narrative for no other reason but to serve as audience surrogate for the little tykes the films want to sell toys to.

This I can answer two ways:

A. You're desperately trying to troll, using a pathetic semi-attempt at a psychological analysis;
It wasn't really desperate, it was pretty easy.

B. Benefit of doubt; Jurassic Park is a blockbuster series. It is aimed to appeal to all ages, not squarely at kids. Many other blockbusters have had their toys: Independence Day had a toyline; The Lord of the Rings (3 films) had a toyline; these two were not aimed squarely at kids. Otherwise, many things would not be there.
Lord of the Rings toys were aimed more at grown up nerds then they ever were at kids, just like the series itself. And yeah, blockbusters are aimed at all ages -- but the Jurassic Park films shamelessly dumb themselves down well past that point.

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jan 13, 2013, 05:22:26 PM
You have to keep in mind she doesn't troll, she suffers from delusions of ridiculous grandeur. She genuinely believes herself to be scholarly and knowledgeable when she throws out some of the most bitterly fueled ignorance I have ever seen on any forum I have ever belonged to. Her dime-store analysis of your psychological profile and the movie at hand illustrates exactly that. She actually believes she is correct about both things, adamantly. As though they're an asbolutely and she is clever enough to see through the "BS" to the crux of it.
One dime-store analysis for another. The irony.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 13, 2013, 05:33:51 PM
One dime-store analysis for another. The irony.

I'm not coming up with a baseless analysis - it's plastered all over every one of your nasty little post. While on the other hand you're trying to give the impression you have the slightest idea about omega's childhood? Your ignorance is fantastically breath taking.

20 something year old forum savant.

Outstanding, lol. You don't know shit about anything yet think you know everything.

Now that is irony.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jan 13, 2013, 05:40:29 PM
I'm not coming up with a baseless analysis - it's plastered all over every one of your nasty little post.
More irony!

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jan 13, 2013, 05:40:29 PM
Outstanding, lol. You don't know shit about anything yet think you know everything.
I feel like you're projecting here.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Not sure exactly what's going on here, but is everyone hating on Cvalda?

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 13, 2013, 05:46:23 PM

I feel like you're projecting here.

Nope, pointing out your woeful empty-headedness.

Keep up, you're a bright girl, right? Or is that superseded by your need to be a "bitch"? Hey whatever happened to that little quote you had? Lifes a bitch and so am I, was it? You're not a bitch, you're just a child who has mini tantrums on the forum.

You'll be fine... oh wait, maybe not. What were you saying the other day when rick said he was trying to change who he is? People can't change no matter what (for brevity sake)? Lets pretend that isn't the most f**king stupid thing I have ever read (ever)... I guess that would make you screwed then huh?

You sure you want to be known as a bitch for the rest of your life?

Alien³

Alien³

Look guys, Jurassic Park 4 has just been announced I wanna see people talking about that and keep the arguing elsewhere. Can we get back on topic?

BANE

BANE

Let's calm down.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

This is getting ugly, folks... :/

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 13, 2013, 05:47:05 PM
Not sure exactly what's going on here, but is everyone hating on Cvalda?

She said that Jurassic Park is aimed at kids. And it is. I see it as more of an all ages affair as some of the stuff in there isnt exactly kid friendly
(severed arm? Lots of people getting eaten? ? Stupid "science is baddd" moralizing on cloning? Kid friendly? Maybe in Spielberg's head.)
but it does pander to kids. UNIX, anyone?

Still fun films :)
And i hope part 4 continues with the kid friendly tradition cause i want to go see it with my younger brother.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Alien³ on Jan 13, 2013, 05:59:07 PM
Look guys, Jurassic Park 4 has just been announced I wanna see people talking about that and keep the arguing elsewhere. Please you're ruining it.

You're correct. Usually I wouldn't care but seeing Omega get attacked for pretty much no reason (when he is one of the nicest people here) warranted a response, in my opinion. However, that said I will move on so not to sully the thread any longer.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

You people are right. I was simply discussing. In spoiler the last post I wrote on the subject (so the scrolling isn't as long and you do not have to read it)...

Spoiler
...and they bombed magnificently. Because the series isn't aimed at kids, kids weren't into the films, and no Alien film since has had toys aimed at kids marketed after it. Even AVP, with its family friendly PG-13 rating!
AvP had the McFarlane series, which was also aimed at kids.
The toylines were made regardless (as marketing potential was seen), and people did buy them. Otherwise you wouldn't have so many eBay sellers selling them.

You're really going to argue that of the four films, Aliens isn't the most kid-friendly? Good luck with that.
You're really going to argue that of the four films, Aliens is the most kid-friendly? Good luck with that.

You should have enough common sense to know that an R-rated horror film with child co-leads is obviously including them for reasons other than to pander to that demographic :)
And you should have enough common sense to know that the presence of a child co-lead does not automatically make a film aimed squarely at kids. ;)

And, uh, Temple of Doom is geared toward kids.

V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ylgOm3MGw#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk2E1CoGe98#ws

Yes, you're absolutely right.

Lord of the Rings toys were aimed more at grown up nerds
They were widely publicized in kid's toys catalogs. :)

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 13, 2013, 05:33:51 PMbut the Jurassic Park films shamelessly dumb themselves down well past that point.
Certainly. They dumb themselves down with:

-A Dinosaur grabbing a guy on a toilet with its mouth, then thrashing him;
-A severed arm with a bloody stump on one end;
-A waterfall turning red with a sound of bones crunching;
-A man being bitten by tiny Dinosaurs, with blood coming out of his wounds -- and later, a river bed turns red;
-Two Dinosaurs shamelessly ripping a man apart to share a meal (although at night);
-A severed hand still attached to a rudder;
-A Dinosaur bloodily snatching a man, with a sound of bones crunching;
-A rotting corpse;
-A Dinosaur approaching a man and sinking a claw in his back;
-A Dinosaur snapping a man's neck because he can.
[close]

...aaand scene. Let's move on. :)

SpaceMarines

Rick Grimes

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Makes me wonder what an Inception/Jurassic Park crossover would be like.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 13, 2013, 06:21:14 PM

They'll have to go deeper.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 13, 2013, 06:21:14 PM

:o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed