Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,936 times)

First Blood

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Wasn't there supposed to be some outrageous seen in TLW with them on motorbikes being chased by Raptors, forcing them to drive off a cliff and fly away on hang gliders that came out of their backpacks where they then fought off Pterodactyls?

Cvalda

Cvalda

They're probably just saving that for the fourth one.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jan 12, 2013, 11:20:50 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 12, 2013, 11:12:59 PM
Quote from: TJ Doc on Jan 12, 2013, 10:54:01 PM
William H. Macy and Tea Leoni were another bonus.

Their dialogue was cringe-worthy. What the hell is this, marriage counseling on an island with dinosaurs? Pfft.

Their marital issues weren't a major plot point, and they had good chemistry.

It was fine.

It sucked! It was so out of place. It made the movie feel more like a lame family-adventure romp than an intense sci-fi action flick.

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 13, 2013, 12:22:59 AM
They're probably just saving that for the fourth one.

It was supposed to be in the fourth actually when Spielberg was still tossing about the idea of humanoid dinosaurs.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Too bad JP doesn't take place in the Alien Universe. Imagine InGen mixing with Weyland-Yutani to create an alien-Rapto hybrid like this:

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Jan 13, 2013, 12:25:54 AM
Too bad JP doesn't take place in the Alien Universe. Imagine InGen mixing with Weyland-Yutani to create an alien-Rapto hybrid like this:

Simply put, we would be screwed.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Jan 13, 2013, 12:20:51 AM
Wasn't there supposed to be some outrageous seen in TLW with them on motorbikes being chased by Raptors, forcing them to drive off a cliff and fly away on hang gliders that came out of their backpacks where they then fought off Pterodactyls?

what. the. f**k.

Requiem28

Requiem28

I just really want to see the crew go back to Nublar and find the Barbasol can - and Nedry's skeleton in the rusty Jeep.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Been there, Done that.

Requiem28

Requiem28

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 12, 2013, 11:22:36 PM
Quote from: TJ Doc on Jan 12, 2013, 11:20:50 PM
Their marital issues weren't a major plot point, and they had good chemistry.
No one has good chemistry with Tea Leoni. David Duchovny didn't have good chemistry with Tea Leoni and he's a goddamned sex addict. Hell, I bet Tea Leoni doesn't even have good chemistry with herself.
Ricky Gervais in Ghost Town.

Takes a man with a hyena laugh who looks like a sausage to do it, but it happened.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

My biggest problem with TLW is that it's a little too long. Also, David Koepp was a dumbass for taking writing advice from a nine year old.

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Jan 13, 2013, 12:20:51 AM

It was just the main characters running towards a cliff and jumping off with parachutes. No motorbikes were involved. But the raptors were supposed to fall off the cliff. Glad they scrapped the idea.

For Jp4, I'd love some the Lost World novel scenes to make an appearance. Raptors climbing a "high Hide" type structure, The Jeep and Motorcycle raptor chase, and definitely the Carnotaur scene.

Words cannot describe how excited I am to hear more about JP4.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 13, 2013, 05:15:37 AM
My biggest problem with TLW is that it's a little too long. Also, David Koepp was a dumbass for taking writing advice from a nine year old.

You're the 2nd person to say this. Is it actually true?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 13, 2013, 05:15:37 AM
But isn't that the target audience? That's the age most of us saw it at and responded with dewy-eyed awe. That kind of imprinting seems to have maintained its hold on a lot of people, regardless of how the film's considerable flaws only become more and more apparent as one gets older and sees more films.

The Jurassic Park series is aimed squarely at kids. That's why all three films feature child co-leads. Expect more of the same from the fourth one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed