Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,825 times)

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 17, 2012, 07:05:13 AM
Ever since I was three and watched The Land Before Time, dude. I don't plan on slowing down anytime soon.

Yeah, thats when my affliction started. I would have my mom read me dinosaur books rather than bedtime stories when it was time for bed.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 17, 2012, 07:05:13 AMI think dinosaurs have been making a comeback in popularity since Jurassic Fight Club aired on History back in 2008. The host, George Blasing, goes on speaking tours around the U.S. speaking to kids, schools, and the like to educate people about dinosaurs and I tip my hat to him. I think part of the problem dinosaurs don't get all the respect they deserve from the general populace, outside of paleontological circles, is because of the way they're presented. My parents think it's weird that at the age of 25, I find them fascinating. There's so much science to behold but mass consumerism demands dinosaurs be seen as a kids only thing.

I think there was a wain in popularity because... well, they weren't catchy really. When you read dinosaur stuff it was pictures, when you watched it it was basically pictures and skeletons, etc etc. Now finally technology on a standardized level has caught up for computer animated stories to come in. Bit sad to see imagination (or lack of) caused a hit in popularity but thats OK, its passed.

Meh, nothing weird about it. Everyone has hobbies and interest. I've already started to gather sources for my sons introduction. I try to steer away from ideas to superimpose my interest upon my son (like I won't force him to lift weights or do martial arts, play football, blah blah blah), but I want to... make sure he likes comics and dinosaurs.

I found these little gems for him when he is old enough. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcPxOH7Qe_k#

Shinawi

Shinawi

I remember the first time I learned of dinosaurs and other Mesozoic creatures. My dad bought me a dinosaur book on his way back from work. I became fascinated by them and the world they lived in. I collected a lot of books about them. It came to the point some years later that my dad started to worry about my future. So he stopped buying those books.

If I raise kids, I plan to introduce them to dinosaurs in the same way, except I won't prevent them from seeking their own dreams (whatever it would be). Preventing that would be a negative impact in the long run judging from my own experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u58TKioxsVs#ws

I remember watching reruns of this movie when I was a very young kid. It was my first dinosaur movie experience. The dinosaurs and the era depicted in this movie wasn't meant to be realistic because it's just a comedy. However, it made a lot of people believe that there were humans during the time of the dinosaurs.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

My first dinosaur experience was the first Jurassic Park! I was two years old. Love them to this day, especially T. Rex.

ScardyFox

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Dovahkiin

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Every time someone badmouths the Dinosaurs with guns Jurassic Park 4 script.. a kitten dies.

Stop this tragedy. Ok? ok.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Dec 17, 2012, 05:36:02 PM
My first dinosaur experience was the first Jurassic Park! I was two years old. Love them to this day, especially T. Rex.

I don't even remember my first Dinosaur experience. I don't even know if my love of Dinosaurs is what brought my interest to Godzilla, or Vice-Versa  :laugh:

Requiem28

Requiem28

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 17, 2012, 06:25:40 PM

*sigh* I don't understand. How is it that older tech somehow always looks better than modern tech?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Now standing gloriously on my shelf:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 22, 2012, 10:01:23 PM
Now standing gloriously on my shelf:

All I can think is "ugh, dino bulge."

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

All I can think is "shut up". :laugh:

Requiem28

Requiem28

Welcome to the "I have a Papo JP T-Rex too" club  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed