Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,573 times)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Nov 08, 2012, 07:38:01 PM
Was not particularly fond of how they remixed the score to be completely honest.

Otherwise, do like bas-relief logo.

Me neither, but my excitement doesn't give a shit!!!!!!!!  ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I KNOW RIGHT

APRIL CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH

The situation warrants the extensive use of caps lock.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Calm yourself man, you'll hurt something.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: Vertigo on Nov 08, 2012, 05:04:45 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Nov 08, 2012, 01:11:51 PM

that's the problem with 3D movies, because the director directs with 3D in mind, which then looks rubbish in 2D.
directors should direct with 2D in mind, and it will probably look awesome in 3D anyway.

'Tis true. Titanic's the most potent use of 3D I've seen, and the format wasn't even a twinkle in JC's eye when Kate Winslett was getting all wet over Leo.

Actually not true.  Cameron wanted to film Titanic in 3D but the tech wasn't there yet.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I hope the 3D looked better then Episode I did. The only 3D re-release movies that I seen in theaters are Nightmare Before Christmas and Episode I. NBC is the only one that looked good in 3D while the 3D in Episode looked very meh.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

I thought TPM 3D looked really good for a post-production 3D.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Aside from the opening scroll, I didn't even notice any 3D, to be honest. I just loved seeing the film again in theaters.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The opening scroll and the pod race look good in 3D, but that's about it. I hope the 3D in this movie looks good in IMAX.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Near birthday time! Gahhh...must see.

Excellent use of John Samuel Hanson's Pandora in trailer, too.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 10, 2012, 03:38:58 PM
The opening scroll and the pod race look good in 3D, but that's about it. I hope the 3D in this movie looks good in IMAX.

Yeah, I hardly noticed "3D depth" in the scenes that were in space. I'll admit, the only scene I enjoyed was the Pod Race (what was even better was the fact they extended it!)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Did they? I remember hearing rumors about that, but didn't pick up on anything when I saw it. What exactly was added?

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

I remember it being 12 minutes long whereas the theatrical release was 7-8 minutes. There was at least three added scenes:
Dawn Before the Podrace—Anakin gets up early to prepare the pod for the race and has a brief chat with Padmé.
Complete Podrace Grid Sequence—This scene shows more of the participating racers and creatures in the crowd, later added on DVD.
Extended Podrace Lap Two—This lap shows some more of Sebulba's "creative interpretation of the rules" and further proof of just how special Anakin is, later added on DVD.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Yes, TPM 3D had extra scenes. It really surprised me. Is the blu-ray cut the same? I've not seen it.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

TPM has been extended since its DVD release, so I'd imagine so.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: TJ Doc on Nov 10, 2012, 05:05:09 PM
TPM has been extended since its DVD release, so I'd imagine so.

f**k, you're right. Just checked. The fact I only watched the DVD release once a long time ago (I don't own it) probably explains why I didn't remember anything about the extra scenes. I own the good ol' VHS release. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed