Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,346 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Remonster on Oct 01, 2012, 06:06:59 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 01, 2012, 01:47:10 PM
Quote from: Remonster on Oct 01, 2012, 02:11:43 AM
Yeah, I agree to a certain extent. I was thankful for the return to the island after TLW sucked it up in San Diego. Also Grant being the main focus was amazing for me. While It wasn't as good as I would've liked, it's still a movie that I can sit down and enjoy. It's the same with TLW. I absolutely love that movie, but once they get to the main land It loses my attention.

The mainland sequence was awesome. There was something really fun about seeing a T.Rex in the kid's backyard. Maybe because I had the same fantasy myself as a kid.

Quote from: Remonster on Oct 01, 2012, 02:11:43 AM
As for a central theme, I'm honestly not sure. I would like a more personal story, and I would like to see more of what TLW novel featured with some dinosaurs not developing certain social skills with the lack of natural parenting.

That's a plot device at best. Good thing to have, but it's not a theme. I'm talking a sort of message the overall film would carry.

Yeah, I wasn't saying that would be the theme, just something in the background that the characters could be focusing on.

What would you like to see the focus on for a central theme?

I'm not sure we could have one at this point. I was going to suggest some sort of amalgamation of the two from the first two films, but TLW was more or less that, in a sense. Peter Ludlow wanted to control the dinosaurs (JP theme) for his profit gains (TLW theme) but ended up losing out in the end.

I think that's good enough for a fourth film.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I wonder if the 4th movie should be based on the Chaos Effect toy line? I remember those toys had Dinosaur fusions.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

For the love of God, no.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

As much as I liked those toys, they should never go that way in the movies.

Ever.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The toys seem awesome, I always wanted them as a kid. I think the idea of them being used in the movie would be terrible unless they can pull it off somehow.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

While I wouldn't want mutant dinosaurs like the toys (however cool they are), seeing deformities in test tubes ala Alien Resurrection could be interesting.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Laufey reminded me of Bernie Wrightson; here's a kick-ass cover he did for a recent Jurassic Park comic:

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Spielberg needs to lay off his "i need an OSCAR!" campaign with War Horse and Lincoln and just do

HumanDinosaurhybrids with guns: the movie.  :laugh:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/18166

is it a f**king crazy concept? Hell yeah. Would i watch the hell out of this movie? Hell Yeah.  :laugh:

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Blacklabel on Oct 06, 2012, 09:28:31 PM
Spielberg needs to lay off his "i need an OSCAR!" campaign with War Horse and Lincoln and just do

HumanDinosaurhybrids with guns: the movie.  :laugh:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/18166

Throw a lab coat on that guy and we have the Lizard  :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Reminds me of the hypothetical 'Homosaurus' -- a fictional descendant of Troodon formosus and an answer to 'what if Dinosaurs did not go extinct?'

Thing creeped the living scaly f**k out of me as a kid. I certainly don't want it in my JP. Thank you.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_C6ZTrAk5e7o/SuFyDDo3goI/AAAAAAAAAWk/COyYcoZyn-Y/s1600-h/IMG_1401.JPG

cant get this concept image to work with the [img] code so here's the link. Nice teeth.  :laugh:

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Blacklabel on Oct 06, 2012, 09:36:14 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_C6ZTrAk5e7o/SuFyDDo3goI/AAAAAAAAAWk/COyYcoZyn-Y/s1600-h/IMG_1401.JPG

cant get this concept image to work with the [img] code so here's the link. Nice teeth.  :laugh:

Where is that from?

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Jurassic Park 4 Concept art from Carlos Huante. He presented it during a "monster design" lesson, i believe.

It was made for this rejected script for the fourth film. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/18166

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 06, 2012, 06:42:48 PM
Laufey reminded me of Bernie Wrightson; here's a kick-ass cover he did for a recent Jurassic Park comic:

That is one, mean-looking carnosaur.

*sigh* I miss the old JP toys. Hasbro screwed everything up when it bought Kenner :'(

Remonster

Remonster

I had a dream the other night that JP4 was about a dinosaur spirit that could shape shift into other dinosaurs. And it took place in Antarctica, and Grant was there for some reason. Also he had a beard. Pretty much The Thing with dinosaurs. It was awful.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed