Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,795 times)

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

My guess would be even farther back, to like cavemen and shit.

A pissed off Mammoth would probably fit the idea of a "Rampaging Monster"

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

In popular movies, excuse me :P

Alien³

Alien³

The T-rex loose in San Diego is a homage to both King Kong and Godzilla. The ship's name is a reference to King Kong and the shot where we see Japanese business men running along shouting "I left Japan for this" is a reference to Godzilla.

With the success of the first movie there was always going to be a sequel and Spielberg knew that people wanted to see one of the dinosaurs loose on the mainland. The Tyrannosaurus was the perfect choice. I personally love the ending and how it feels like King Kong or Godzilla but in the JP universe, its one of the best sequences in the entire trilogy.

8)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Alien³ on Sep 15, 2012, 01:06:59 PM
The T-rex loose in San Diego is a homage to both King Kong and Godzilla. The ship's name is a reference to King Kong and the shot where we see Japanese business men running along shouting "I left Japan for this" is a reference to Godzilla.

With the success of the first movie there was always going to be a sequel and Spielberg knew that people wanted to see one of the dinosaurs loose on the mainland. The Tyrannosaurus was the perfect choice. I personally love the ending and how it feels like King Kong or Godzilla but in the JP universe, it ones of the best sequences in the entire trilogy.

8)

Completely agree.  It's one of the reasons why I prefer The Lost World a little more than the original.

scarhunter92

Shinawi

Shinawi

With the success of the first movie there was always going to be a sequel and Spielberg knew that people wanted to see one of the dinosaurs loose on the mainland. The Tyrannosaurus was the perfect choice. I personally love the ending and how it feels like King Kong or Godzilla but in the JP universe, it ones of the best sequences in the entire trilogy.

8)
I wanted to see that too. Not all agree though. My sister's friend thought it was ridiculous.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Sep 15, 2012, 04:33:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkrceiqRqto#ws

So much win, I truly love these movies!!! ;D All 3 despite the flaws the sequels have.

Quote from: Shinawi on Sep 15, 2012, 04:35:20 PM

8)
I wanted to see that too. Not all agree though. My sister's friend thought it was ridiculous.

No offence but your sister's friend is ridiculous ::)

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Sep 15, 2012, 04:33:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkrceiqRqto#ws

That video really manages to make Lost World seem better than it actually was.  :laugh:

...Now I really want to see the first two in theaters, though..

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: KNIGHT on Sep 15, 2012, 05:35:21 PM
That video really manages to make Lost World seem better than it actually was.  :laugh:

Nope, it was that good ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The Lost World: Jurassic Park rocks, gentlemen.

Alien³

Alien³

Yeah it does! Just LOOK at that C.G.I!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

That shot. So f**king beautiful.

And this one?

Jaw-droppingly wondrous.

Alien³

Alien³

I've always thought the C.G.I in the first two JP films felt really weighty like it was really there. Hard to describe.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Seamless blend between practical and digital effects.

And hell yeah, The Lost World on VHS was my childhood.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

8)

Yup, caught that one. AND THANK YOU!!! Finally, some love for the Rex sequence. People really seem to shit on it at times for no real reason.

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Sep 15, 2012, 08:01:27 PM
Seamless blend between practical and digital effects.

And hell yeah, The Lost World on VHS was my childhood.

Lol, I remember after I rented it the first time, my mum said, "Heck with it, might as well buy it. You'll be renting it enough times" :D

Omega, here are the scans I promised.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed