Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,612 times)

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Snowdog on Sep 13, 2012, 08:44:55 PM
I wouldn't trade Spielberg's Jurassic Park for the world. But i would love to see Cameron's take on it. A darker story could be interesting.

This.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Sep 14, 2012, 11:27:52 AM
Quote from: Snowdog on Sep 13, 2012, 08:44:55 PM
I wouldn't trade Spielberg's Jurassic Park for the world. But i would love to see Cameron's take on it. A darker story could be interesting.

This.
Cameron should've done the movie in the spotlight of competing Corporations more.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 14, 2012, 05:56:40 AM
Spielberg admitted to hiding behind his camera man when the T.Rex animatronic started to move. The quote was in a magazine I have somewhere.

I'm not surprised, the animatronic is incredible. It's slightly unnerving just to watch the test footage.

Anyway, on the subject of Cameron, like everyone else I'm perfectly happy with the film we got. May have been an interesting scenario to have Cameron do the sequel, however - the themes about pillaging the natural world are similar to what he'd later explore with Avatar, and he's certainly a better candidate for the darker material that The Lost World yielded.

Would also have been interesting to see him try his hand at an adapted story, or even directing someone else's script.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I was fine TLW we received. I'm too concerned Cameron would've ripped someone else's story off when making it, given that there themes of power and control within.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 14, 2012, 11:18:50 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 14, 2012, 05:56:40 AM
Spielberg admitted to hiding behind his camera man when the T.Rex animatronic started to move. The quote was in a magazine I have somewhere.
If you found and put it here verbatim I would be grateful. :)

Sure, I'll dig it up.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Thanks man. :)

SM

SM

QuoteI was fine TLW we received. I'm too concerned Cameron would've ripped someone else's story off when making it, given that there themes of power and control within.

Because Spielberg didn't rip off King Kong or anything...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

When did he rip-off King Kong? If you're referring to the scene where the Rex walks past the basketball net, I've heard varying accounts of what's actually happening. Some say he is scratching his ear a la the Rex in King Kong, others say he's making a dribbling motion with his hands which seems more likely given the motion.

SM

SM

QuoteWhen did he rip-off King Kong?

Pretty much everything from when a ship called the Venture shows up.

I thought it was  deliberately obvious.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Ok, so the ship name. What else?

You can't claim that Rex running through the streets is a rip-off of Kong because TLW sure as heck isn't the second movie after KK to feature a giant monster running amok in an urban centre.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 14, 2012, 10:12:20 PM

You can't claim that Rex running through the streets is a rip-off of Kong because TLW sure as heck isn't the second movie after KK to feature a giant monster running amok in an urban centre.

The Rex in the city was more an homage to the silent TLW than anything else.

SM

SM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 14, 2012, 10:12:20 PM

The whole thing about a monster from a mysterious island being brought to a city for entertainment then running amok seemed like it was obviously based on King Kong.  Maybe rip off is too strong a word, but there you go.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'd say it's more of an homage, but even that would be a stretch. The only direct references to Kong are the Venture and the basketball net scene.

As for the city rampage, I was thinking Godzilla.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Naw, the T Rex running amok is more akin to the Silent Lost World, IMO. In that is was a Brontosaurus, but still...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You're right. Where do you think the idea of a rampaging monster started?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 14, 2012, 10:22:54 PM
You're right. Where do you think the idea of a rampaging monster started?

All the way back to ancient mythology.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed