Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,949 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I'm more than happy with the film we got.

Then again if Cameron made it we wouldn't retroactively now what Spielberg's is like, and would probably like Cameron's at least.

Nope

Nope

I dont know if Cameron wouldve captured the wonder and awe side of Jurassic Park that Spielberg did so well.

stephen

stephen

It's kinda cool to hear Cameron say (in hindsight) that Spielburg was the right guy in the end anyway.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightlord on Sep 13, 2012, 09:48:24 PM
Quote"But when I saw the film, I realised that I was not the right person to make the film, he [Spielberg] was. Because he made a dinosaur movie for kids, and mine would have been Aliens with dinosaurs, and that wouldn't have been fair.

"Dinosaurs are for 8-year-olds. We can all enjoy it, too, but kids get dinosaurs and they should not have been excluded for that. His sensibility was right for that film. I'd have gone further, nastier, much nastier."

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=67172#a6GV4mVqryhfI4XB.99
Yeah, nah, I'm glad Spielberg got the movie.

Dinosaurs are for 8-year olds? f**k off.

SM

SM

Why?  Kids dig dinosaurs.  Be stupid to make it inaccessable to that audience.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Eh, just the way I read it. It sounds like he's saying they only appeal to that age group.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I think Jurassic Park walks that fine line, because it's almost a family-friendly movie, but I know some kids that have had the shit scared out of them by it, too.

SM

SM

Quite.  The Firstborn watched JP1 and 2 incessantly when she was younger.  Secondborn doesn't want a bar of it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What, she too cool for reptiles? :P

SM

SM

Shit scared of monsters with big gnashy teeth morelike, and prone to nightmares.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Haha. We've all been there.

I remember seeing JP in theatres when I was six years old. When the raptor attacked Ellie in the shed, I ducked behind the theatre seats for cover :D

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 14, 2012, 05:26:29 AM
Haha. We've all been there.

I remember seeing JP in theatres when I was six years old. When the raptor attacked Ellie in the shed, I ducked behind the theatre seats for cover :D
LMFAO, I went to see it with a friend and his family, and during that exact part, my friend's dad had dropped something and was sitting back up in his seat.  When the raptor burst through he f**king screamed like a girl, loud as hell. :laugh:

Spielberg must've had fun with that one.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Spielberg admitted to hiding behind his camera man when the T.Rex animatronic started to move. The quote was in a magazine I have somewhere.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

:laugh:  Probably because he didn't want a hydraulic to give out on the f**ker and be crushed by it.

Spoiler
[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 14, 2012, 05:56:40 AM
Spielberg admitted to hiding behind his camera man when the T.Rex animatronic started to move. The quote was in a magazine I have somewhere.
If you found and put it here verbatim I would be grateful. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed