Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,111 times)

Elliott

Elliott

Quote from: Remonster on Jun 22, 2012, 12:18:40 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 22, 2012, 12:03:35 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 21, 2012, 11:54:37 PM
I assumed the older brothers comment was directed at T.Rex and such. Yes, in reality they aren't related but if you want to talk about paleontology in the 90s, all large carnivorous dinosaurs were lumped together under the family Carnosauria.

"Big Brothers" was a reference to older Dilophosaurus.

Why would Nedry even know about them though? If he knew anything about dilophosaurs, especially how big they got, he would've known to avoid eye contact with a dinosaur that blinds its prey with venom.

Nedry worked at a park with dinosaurs. He probably got taken through and shown the species. "Avoid this one, and this one. This one is poisonous and this one is harmless."

And Nedry wore glasses. Then he lost them. Maybe he couldn't see the dilophosaurus. Maybe he though it was a hypsolophydont or a Gallimimus.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Remonster on Jun 22, 2012, 12:18:40 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 22, 2012, 12:03:35 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 21, 2012, 11:54:37 PM
I assumed the older brothers comment was directed at T.Rex and such. Yes, in reality they aren't related but if you want to talk about paleontology in the 90s, all large carnivorous dinosaurs were lumped together under the family Carnosauria.

"Big Brothers" was a reference to older Dilophosaurus.

Why would Nedry even know about them though? If he knew anything about dilophosaurs, especially how big they got, he would've known to avoid eye contact with a dinosaur that blinds its prey with venom.

Nedry knew about all the dinosaurs. Why would know to turn the fences off except the Raptors? He knew about the Dilophosaurus and about how big they got just probably assumed an infant was not a threat.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's likely. The squeaky noises sounded harmless enough.

Oh yeah, about the raptor fences. That's something that confuses the hell out of me. Why would all the fences EXCEPT that one be shut down, and more importantly, if he has the ability to pick and choose (I assume) which fences he turns off, why turn them off at all?

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 22, 2012, 01:04:48 AM
That's likely. The squeaky noises sounded harmless enough.

Oh yeah, about the raptor fences. That's something that confuses the hell out of me. Why would all the fences EXCEPT that one be shut down, and more importantly, if he has the ability to pick and choose (I assume) which fences he turns off, why turn them off at all?

He didn't turn the Raptor fences off because A) the Raptors were too intelligent to release, they might have killed him before he gets off the island and B) its scary and adds to the character of the Raptors.

Muldoon - "Damn it even Nedry knew better than to mess with the Raptor fences."

Also he turned off the fences to distract the staff whilst he made his escape and maybe even hoped the dinosaurs would kill off the staff.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It couldn't have been because he hoped the dinosaurs would kill off all the staff. Nedry (at least in the book) planned to return and explain it all as "a simple thing" (to quote his speech from just before he shuts everything down).

predxeno

predxeno

First, I agree that the Older Brothers comment was referring to Rex and raptors and not to these "hypothetical" big Dilophosaurs.  All the EU points to the fact that the Dilophosaurs are all the same size.

Second, I think Nedry was able to turn off all the fences but chose to spare the Raptor pen.  I don't know how, but I think Nedry had to turn off all the fences if he wanted to get through them, he couldn't pick and choose.  The raptor enclosure seemed to be seperate from the electric fences surrounding the park.

Elliott

Elliott

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 22, 2012, 01:29:06 AM
First, I agree that the Older Brothers comment was referring to Rex and raptors and not to these "hypothetical" big Dilophosaurs.  All the EU points to the fact that the Dilophosaurs are all the same size.

Second, I think Nedry was able to turn off all the fences but chose to spare the Raptor pen.  I don't know how, but I think Nedry had to turn off all the fences if he wanted to get through them, he couldn't pick and choose.  The raptor enclosure seemed to be seperate from the electric fences surrounding the park.

The "hurrdurr hypothetical" big Dilophosaurs were also shown in the Lost World. Twice I believe. Once on the hunting script that Roland has on the Game Trail, and once more in the trailer on a computer screen as a screensaver.

And you're sorta' right about the fences. They park ran on multiple generators, but if I recall the raptors ran on a few extra in case of a power outage.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Galliruler on Jun 22, 2012, 01:40:33 AM
The "hurrdurr hypothetical" big Dilophosaurs were also shown in the Lost World. Twice I believe. Once on the hunting script that Roland has on the Game Trail, and once more in the trailer on a computer screen as a screensaver.

I don't think there's any way to tell what size those dilos are on the screen.

Alien³

Alien³

The "Big Brother" is seen on screens in TLW.

"20 feet long" people.

Collectors cards also show "Big Brother"

I think Nedry had to turn off all the fences if he wanted to get through them, he couldn't pick and choose. The raptor enclosure seemed to be seperate from the electric fences surrounding the park.

Hammond - "Then why the hell did he turn the other ones off?"

Muldoon - "Damn it even Nedry knew better than to mess with the Raptor fences."

These two lines from people who run the park prove how Nedry had access to all the fences and was able to turn certain ones off.

predxeno

predxeno

We have no idea what those numbers mean on the screen with the Dilos.

Hammond and Muldoon don't know anything about Nedry's programming skills or what the programs Nedry made did.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Snowdog on Jun 21, 2012, 11:05:10 PM
I would like to see a mosasaur in the new JP movie. But what i would love to see is a Dimetrodon ;D
http://images.wikia.com/dinosaurs/images/e/ef/Dimetrodon.jpg

Dimetrodon is not even a Dinosaur. They exist before the Triassic Period, I doubt they will add any animal that exist before and after the Dinosaurs.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 22, 2012, 01:56:08 AM

Erm...

Hammond and Muldoon don't know anything about Nedry's programming skills or what the programs Nedry made did.

I'm pretty sure Hammond would have been aware of what Nedry was capable of before hiring him. Plus Arnold could have told them everything Nedry did.

Elliott

Elliott

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 22, 2012, 02:01:17 AM

Erm...

I'm pretty sure Hammond would have been aware of what Nedry was capable of before hiring him. Plus Arnold could have told them everything Nedry did.

I'm sorry, but LOL.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 22, 2012, 02:01:17 AM

Erm...

That's information based on the real life Dilophosaur, not on the genetically engineered one.

Hammond and Arnold couldn't have known everything Nedry did, otherwise they would have stopped Nedry before he even sabotaged the park.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 22, 2012, 02:18:27 AM
That's information based on the real life Dilophosaur, not on the genetically engineered one.

That's information based on a Dilophosaurus from the Jurassic Park series. Right from the InGen database, on a screen in the film! Site B has "Big bothers" on it and so did Isla Nublar because Nedry knew about them, hence why he said it.

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 22, 2012, 02:18:27 AM
Hammond and Arnold couldn't have known everything Nedry did, otherwise they would have stopped Nedry before he even sabotaged the park.

They knew how much access he had to the fences and how they were controlled. All this is seen in the film. Plus how were they to know Nedry's intentions?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed