Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,188 times)

predxeno

predxeno

I have a question about Jurassic Park The Game from Telltale Games, did they ever explain how InGen got Mosasaur DNA?  I looked through all the Diary entries and all the conversational bits I could find, but couldn't find any mention to that.

TheDamnSheep

TheDamnSheep

Mosasaurs were air breathers, so if one breached near the coast long enough, or if one washed up on a beach.

In the books, Ingen could also extract DNA from ground up dinosaurs fossils but this was considered to be crapshoot. I'm not sure about the movies, but it's not that wild of an explanation.

Remonster

Remonster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TsXX1JCtpA#

This is fantastic news! They did a great job with Rise of the Apes, and I think having them on the project adds credibility to the franchise that is sorely needed. Now we need a good director, and some good actors. Brad Bird has my vote to direct, and I'd love to see Idris Elba in it, since I pretty much want him to be in every movie and he deserves to finally have top billing.

I really think we need entirely new characters all around, and a new location. No dino soldiers or dinosaurs invading the mainland. I'd preferably like it if they brought things back a bit, and focused on fewer dinosaur species but in bigger ways. No aquatic reptiles, Spinosaurus, or completely feathered raptors. It may be scientifically accurate, but I prefer the classics. It would be cool to introduce a new species, that is feathered. Maybe troodon like in the game.

I have some ideas about what I would like to see in a new JP movie, mainly it just involves people getting killed by raptors. A lot.

And Predxeno, from what I remember they don't mention how they found DNA for the Mosasuar.

Snowdog

Snowdog

I would like to see a mosasaur in the new JP movie. But what i would love to see is a Dimetrodon ;D

Also maybe make a more soldier based movie like aliens maybe ??? Go to a place that has gone to hell or something like that :D

Elliott

Elliott

I want to see more of this motherf**ker.

And before any of you say, "But they're so small!"

The one in the first movie was a hatchling. The Dilophosaurus wertherelli (or venefir), is around 25ft long, I believe, when full grown.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Galliruler on Jun 21, 2012, 09:22:40 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 21, 2012, 08:34:07 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 21, 2012, 07:31:52 PM
I think to work with the notion that they are one in the same because a newly evolved raptor works within the realm of JP continuity, what with the DNA tampering.

Two different species. Even in the Trespasser game they acknowledged this.

This guy knows what's up.
Even from the behavior we can tell they're different species.
The ones from JP are extremely aggressive, and attack not to feed, but to kill. They hunt for pleasure.
The ones from TLW behave exactly alike. Examples include the long grass scene where the hunters were hunted by the velociraptors and killed for no reason. There was even a scene, when Sarah pulls the tiles off a hut's roof, where a Nublar falls onto another Nublar and they both fight. The two were male and female, fighting. (Now, here's where the proof comes in that they were the same species from the first movie.)
In that scene we see a pure brown velociraptor. This is the female. How do I know it's female? The velociraptors from the first film are brown as well, and they were all female.
The other velociraptor fighting the female is the new tiger-striped varient. This is the male. They appeared only in this movie. (Since this movie is trying to show a dinosaur ecosystem, not a park, with male and female varients of each dinosaur.)

Still don't believe me? Let's take a look at this picture...

See the brown in the middle back, in front of the one in the trees? That's the female. The one on the left is the male.

And this is a female from the first movie;
http://www.rareresource.com/Blogs/uploaded_images/velociraptor-767508.jpg

And here are both the male, and female versions in Jurassic Park III.

These are the males.

And these are the females.

They in no way resemble the other velociraptors from the previous movies except for the simple fact that they are raptors, too. And how can a species of velociraptor evolve in like, what, seven years, into a completely differently behaved animal? They can't.

I would still disagree with you. Remember that in JP, the dinosaurs were found to be breeding. If they were all female, that wouldn't have been possible. Due to the frog DNA in their blood, they were able to change sex from male to female. Grant explains as much when he finds the nest. Ergo, I don't believe ALL the raptors in the first film were female.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

True, but would that have really changed their skin color, switching genders like that?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I don't know. Again, this is why I go back to the bit about DNA-tampering.

Elliott

Elliott

Go to google and look up "velociraptor anthrihoppus nublarensis"

Then look up "velociraptor anthrihoppus sornaensis".

Two completely different search results come up. :P

predxeno

predxeno

Jurassic Park The Game actually explains that the Dilophosaur's small size, frill, and spittable poison may have been caused by the DNA tampering.

Elliott

Elliott

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 21, 2012, 11:27:31 PM
Jurassic Park The Game actually explains that the Dilophosaur's small size, frill, and spittable poison may have been caused by the DNA tampering.

We all know that? But the small size isn't because of DNA tampering. It's because it was young.

Nedry even comments on this in the film, "You're not as bad as your older brothers." Or something to that effect.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

You know what? I think I've found a plausible explanation for all of the neck snapping in JP3. No, it's not the frog genes. Instead, those dinos received genes from...

Spoiler

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Galliruler on Jun 21, 2012, 11:32:47 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Jun 21, 2012, 11:27:31 PM

We all know that? But the small size isn't because of DNA tampering. It's because it was young.

Nedry even comments on this in the film, "You're not as bad as your older brothers." Or something to that effect.

I assumed the older brothers comment was directed at T.Rex and such. Yes, in reality they aren't related but if you want to talk about paleontology in the 90s, all large carnivorous dinosaurs were lumped together under the family Carnosauria.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 21, 2012, 11:54:37 PM
I assumed the older brothers comment was directed at T.Rex and such. Yes, in reality they aren't related but if you want to talk about paleontology in the 90s, all large carnivorous dinosaurs were lumped together under the family Carnosauria.

"Big Brothers" was a reference to older Dilophosaurus.

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 22, 2012, 12:03:35 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 21, 2012, 11:54:37 PM

"Big Brothers" was a reference to older Dilophosaurus.

Why would Nedry even know about them though? If he knew anything about dilophosaurs, especially how big they got, he would've known to avoid eye contact with a dinosaur that blinds its prey with venom.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed