Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,348 times)

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jun 04, 2012, 06:32:24 PM
Let's just see a Utahraptor already...

Yes, let's use a dinosaur that wasn't discovered until after the films.  ::)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: evolution_rex on Jun 05, 2012, 03:17:11 AM

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jun 05, 2012, 03:59:14 AM
Quote from: evolution_rex on Jun 05, 2012, 03:17:11 AM

http://www.youknow-forkids.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/tlj.jpg
If you're implying they gave a f**k when they made the toys, well your wrong.

Luckily it's not canon.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I don't think that's the point he's making. I think the point he's making is that the franchise acknowledges Utahraptor's very existence, therefore making your argument invalid.

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jun 05, 2012, 04:18:42 AM
I don't think that's the point he's making. I think the point he's making is that the franchise acknowledges it's very existence, therefore making your argument invalid.
My argument is that the film takes place in 1993, so unless they created more after it's discovery, there can't be any Utahraptors. Unless they want to explain that the JP universe discovered Utahraptor before our universe, which is fine considering all the other differences in paleontology.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

If they can over exaggerate the size of the Velociraptor I don't think throwing in Utahraptors is going to do any real damage unless it happens to be executed poorly which is another story.

Requiem28

Requiem28

A raptor the size of a truck can do some real damage

(I know what you mean though ;))

Nychus

Nychus

These things are genetically engineered which makes scientific accuracy kind of moot(case of point, Dilophosaurus). The feathers could be dormant genes for all we know. That, or they released earlier version numbers with the traits. In any case, the old Raptors do have their place if the film-makers care enough to make them interesting again.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

We don't need new dinosaurs. We just need old ones used in better ways. Like the Dilophosaurus; poor guy gets no respect!

Quote from: evolution_rex on Jun 05, 2012, 04:21:59 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jun 05, 2012, 04:18:42 AM
I don't think that's the point he's making. I think the point he's making is that the franchise acknowledges it's very existence, therefore making your argument invalid.
My argument is that the film takes place in 1993, so unless they created more after it's discovery, there can't be any Utahraptors. Unless they want to explain that the JP universe discovered Utahraptor before our universe, which is fine considering all the other differences in paleontology.

You do know that the JP merchandise spawned tons dinosaurs that were never seen in any of the films, right? It doesn't matter if they didn't exist in the movies already because like Rich said, the franchose already acknowledges their existence.

ace3g

ace3g

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes Screenwriters Hired For JURASSIC PARK 4

According to Deadline Universal Pictures is tapping into their Jurassic Park franchise one more time. And why shouldn't they? The three previous films have amassed $1.9 billion worldwide. This time they are looking at screenwriters Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver to revitalize the franchise, which they have quite a bit of experience with. The pair are responsible for salvaging the Planet of the Apes franchise with their refreshing script for Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Jurassic Park 4 will be produced by Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy. At the moment no director is attached. Kathleen Kennedy in last December said that the film could be released either Christmas 2014 or summer 2015. Til then Universal is re-releasing the original Jurassic Park in 3D on July 19, 2013.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=62085

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Quote from: ace3g on Jun 21, 2012, 03:15:55 AM

According to Deadline Universal Pictures is tapping into their Jurassic Park franchise one more time. And why shouldn't they? The three previous films have amassed $1.9 billion worldwide. This time they are looking at screenwriters Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver to revitalize the franchise, which they have quite a bit of experience with. The pair are responsible for salvaging the Planet of the Apes franchise with their refreshing script for Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Jurassic Park 4 will be produced by Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy. At the moment no director is attached. Kathleen Kennedy in last December said that the film could be released either Christmas 2014 or summer 2015. Til then Universal is re-releasing the original Jurassic Park in 3D on July 19, 2013.

Yes!!!!!!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Well, consider me excited. I loved Rise.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Rise was fantastic. These guys just might be able to bring back the important themes that were in the first JP film, and do them in an new and exciting way. Just like Rise, come to think of it.

lozzy.94

lozzy.94

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUH3JQjcweM#ws

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Good match, at least we know we won't have another Jurassic Park 3 on our hands. Hopefully Spielberg is inspired to take that director's seat once more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed