Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,603 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

There's no demand for dinosaurs. That's what it boils down to. JP III IMO, killed whatever interest the public had. Zombies are the order of the day.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

I'm sure kids would be thrilled for another.

I mean, what kid doesn't Dinosaurs?  :laugh:

Requiem28

Requiem28

Over use of generic CGI has killed all wonders of film making. 

Bringing animatronics back will re-spark imagination.

Especially animatronic dinosaurs.

Especially Jurassic Park animatronic dinosaurs.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

We just want a goddamn Jurassic Park movie with action and freaking dinosaurs man, is that too much to ask for?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Mar 28, 2012, 08:45:50 PM
I'm sure kids would be thrilled for another.

I mean, what kid doesn't Dinosaurs?  :laugh:

Kids don't represent a customer base worth spending millions on for one movie. Especially if that film is from a franchise that isn't doing so well.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 28, 2012, 10:48:52 PM
Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Mar 28, 2012, 08:45:50 PM

Kids don't represent a customer base worth spending millions on for one movie. Especially if that film is from a franchise that isn't doing so well.

Are you kidding - the first film was aimed at kids.  It's not just about the film, its about the merchandise.  And Jurassic Park had a shitload of merchandise.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Kids weren't the primary audience. That was a film for mature audiences, I should've thought that was obvious. JP had a shitload of merchandise. It's not coming out with the same frequency it did when the films were still popular.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2012, 02:43:34 AM
Kids weren't the primary audience. That was a film for mature audiences, I should've thought that was obvious. JP had a shitload of merchandise. It's not coming out with the same frequency it did when the films were still popular.

Actually I would have thought it was obvious the other way around.  If you've read the book you would know the book is definitly for mature readers while the movie dumbed it right down for the kids.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not sure I'd label people being eaten alive being dumbed down for kids. I agree the book was much more violent but the film wasn't exactly tame.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2012, 03:09:37 AM
Not sure I'd label people being eaten alive being dumbed down for kids. I agree the book was much more violent but the film wasn't exactly tame.

Doesn't mean that it wasn't for kids.  I think it was squarely aimed at the younger audience.  They aimed for and got a PG rating for that reason.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well in any case, kids love dinosaurs yes, but I don't think Universal will agree to a fourth film based on that alone. Another Land Before Time has greater chances of being made.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2012, 03:16:59 AM
Well in any case, kids love dinosaurs yes, but I don't think Universal will agree to a fourth film based on that alone. Another Land Before Time has greater chances of being made.

Perhaps.

But I certainly think that spending millions on a movie aimed at kids works very well for studios - especially if you couple the box office takings with the merchandising.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Imagine them money they would get from the toys alone. I know a lot of people still collect the old Jurassic park toys (Me included, when I can find them.)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Jayden the Omnipotent on Mar 29, 2012, 03:44:04 AM
Imagine them money they would get from the toys alone. I know a lot of people still collect the old Jurassic park toys (Me included, when I can find them.)

I recently got the research trailer from TLW, as well as the Mercedes remote control car.  I cut the wire since the battery pack was completely weathered.  Now it makes for an awesome model.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Kids love Dinosaurs, seeing that I was really into them as a kid. Marketing Jurassic Park to kids was a smart choice, seeing that Mcdonalds did happy meal toys for the movie at the time as well. I'm not sure what are kids are into these days, but I'm pretty sure kids will still a Jurassic Park 4.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed