Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,474 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Snowdog on Mar 02, 2012, 06:46:27 PM
Quote from: Bad Replicant on Mar 02, 2012, 02:50:24 PM
Nice bit of new T-Rex rehearsal footage from the first film, courtesy of the Stan Winston School of Character Arts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B4J9TBlFxAg#

this is so real and awesome looking ;D what posesses modern movie makers by using CGI over animatronics seriously. CGI is in no possible scenario more real looking.
I totally agree.

Xan, dude, those pictures are fresh.

Do you have an art thread?  Your drawings please my eyes greatly.  Those dinosaurs.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Nice bit of new T-Rex rehearsal footage from the first film, courtesy of the Stan Winston School of Character Arts:

Utterly beautiful.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xan21 on Mar 02, 2012, 10:18:52 PM
I always wanted to see a Gigantosaurus, it's close to a Rex, and I added a sabretooth ;-)

Hate to be a cynical prick, but you mean Giganotosaurus. Gigantosaurus was a sauropod.

;)

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 02, 2012, 06:00:25 PM

When something looks so lifelike in a backstage film, you know it's a masterpiece of work.
Man... I want to watch Jurassic Park again.
Seriously. I was surprised by just how fluid the movement of the entire puppet was. And this is the first one they built, too.

severen76

severen76

I'm a little disappointed with the JP Blu-Ray. It looks great in some Scenesbut there's a he'll of a lot of grain in others.  Still a great film though. I can't wait to watch the new special features.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: severen76 on Mar 03, 2012, 09:33:55 AM
I'm a little disappointed with the JP Blu-Ray. It looks great in some Scenesbut there's a he'll of a lot of grain in others.  Still a great film though. I can't wait to watch the new special features.

Yeah, the Brachiosaurus scene, IMO, was definitely NOT made for HD.
But the Tyrannosaurus, on the other hand.. Jesus Christ, that looked awesome.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The scene where Grant waves down the Rex with flare...tell me that didn't make you quiver in fear after hearing that roar echo.

severen76

severen76

I think asleep somewhere in-between that part and where Ian gets flipped through the toilet.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 03, 2012, 08:04:47 PM
The scene where Grant waves down the Rex with flare...tell me that didn't make you quiver in fear after hearing that roar echo.

Excellent part. You even see Grant taken aback by it for a brief moment.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: severen76 on Mar 03, 2012, 08:09:27 PM
I think asleep somewhere in-between that part and where Ian gets flipped through the toilet.

You feel asleep!?

severen76

severen76

Yeah, I know. My sleeping pattern's been really messed this past couple of weeks, with the shifts I've been doing; if I'm not working I've been sleeping.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 03, 2012, 08:20:56 PM

God damn it! I need to get a Blu-Ray player....NOW!

I just don't want to replace ALL my favorite movies (I probably will end up doing this if I do get a Blu ray player).  I feel like I won't watch the DVDs anymore  :'(

Shasvre

Shasvre

OmegaZilla, do you have the photo from The Lost World where it looks like Spielberg is giving direction to the baby Stegosaurus? :)

severen76

severen76

Quote from: Requiem28 on Mar 03, 2012, 10:32:57 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Mar 03, 2012, 08:20:56 PM

God damn it! I need to get a Blu-Ray player....NOW!

I just don't want to replace ALL my favorite movies (I probably will end up doing this if I do get a Blu ray player).  I feel like I won't watch the DVDs anymore  :'(

You won't regret buying. Just buy a couple of your favourite films, it's like watching them for the first time again.

First Blood

First Blood

Yes, the video quality is indeed excellent. There are a few shots that look a little dodgy, with grain in them, but its well worth it. Jurassic Park has never looked better. The scene in which the Rex breaks through the electrified fence between the two SUVs looks gorgeous in 1080p. The level of detail is great as well. For example, the beads of sweat on Muldoon's head right before he's about to be killed are superb to look at. Well worth an upgrade. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed