Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,033 times)

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: r888 on Feb 19, 2012, 05:29:55 AM
f**k YEAH

Umbrella vs Ingen: Get ready to rumble :laugh: :laugh:

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

No.
Just, just. No.

SuperM

SuperM

Quote from: r888 on Feb 19, 2012, 05:29:55 AM
f**k YEAH

that is one hell of an anus

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

>pteranodon with teeth

The whole design is fugly too.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

+1 for Charlton Heston.

In all honesty, though, I like the JPIII Pteranodons. They're basically the TLW Pteranodon with a different color scheme and teeth. I wonder how and why the teeth managed to get past thoughts (???).

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 19, 2012, 06:11:32 PM
+1 for Charlton Heston.

In all honesty, though, I like the JPIII Pteranodons. They're basically the TLW Pteranodon with a different color scheme and teeth. I wonder how and why the teeth managed to get past thoughts (???).

They thought no one would notice? Or just ignoring real life and following the rule of cool. :laugh:

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah, it always was beyond me. In the second film they got a fantastic Pteranodon design, and in the third they somehow add teeth. With Horner as a consultant mind you, I understand he's not an expert in everything but damn, I know Pteranodon means Wings without teeth!
Buh. Perhaps it was an homage to old Dinosaur movies with toothed Pterosaurs.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 19, 2012, 06:58:25 PM
Yeah, it always was beyond me. In the second film they got a fantastic Pteranodon design, and in the third they somehow add teeth. With Horner as a consultant mind you, I understand he's not an expert in everything but damn, I know Pteranodon means Wings without teeth!

When they go and change the design of the Raptor so drastically from what we had seen in the first two films just to be more "accurate" adding things like razor teeth to a Pteranodon is just f**king stupid.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Oh yeah, that's also a very contradicting aspect. They accurate-ized the Raptors but they de-accurate-ize the Pteranodons. It's weird to say the least.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Most likely just to give them a more intimidating or scary appearance. Which is hilarious irony considering the downgraded 'for the sake of accuracy' raptors that nobody wanted to see. Pssht, why not make them 2.5 feet tall why you're at it. f**k Horner.

Requiem28

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 19, 2012, 08:15:26 PM
Most likely just to give them a more intimidating or scary appearance.
Ironically enough, the most imposing and creepy shot of a Pteranodon in the third film is, I reckon, the one we see when one of them turns towards Alan and Paul, along with the first introducing shot in the mist.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

All this talk of Pteranodons with teeth just reminded me how even when the movie came out and I was 6 I kept thinking to myself: "Pteranodons with teeth..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37OWL7AzvHo#

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 19, 2012, 06:58:25 PM

...it's only a movie.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 19, 2012, 09:33:18 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 19, 2012, 08:15:26 PM
Most likely just to give them a more intimidating or scary appearance.
Ironically enough, the most imposing and creepy shot of a Pteranodon in the third film is, I reckon, the one we see when one of them turns towards Alan and Paul.

That shot was such a surprise whe I first saw the movie in theaters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iea5Bw1ys1Q#ws

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed