Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,125 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Pterodactyl is just a generic term for pterosaur. There was a pterosaur named Pterodactylus, however.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Exactly what I said.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Didn't see your post until now. And you didn't mention the second part ;)

MudButt

MudButt

Okay I'm sorry about the mix up guys, they were Pterenanodons. Now lets talk about the Allosaurs, I mean tyrannosaurs.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 05, 2012, 06:31:48 PM
Okay I'm sorry about the mix up guys, they were Pterenanodons. Now lets talk about the Allosaurs, I mean tyrannosaurs.

lol  :D

good-one.

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

I would not be surprised if the plot of Jurassic Park: The Game was used for the fourth film, but I find that it would just screw over the established canon. Currently, JP: The Game is considered canon by most fans, and we'll have to wait for this film to know if it will still be canon.

The plot for JP: The Game was actually very good for the JP franchise. The game, although I haven't played it, had bad gameplay, but it's story and voice acting is what most people have been talking about. Not to mention it seemed that they created the right atmosphere of the first film. I'd call the game a fourth film within itself, and I hope the Spielberg looks at if for ideas of the new film.

But, from the looks of things, I think they have a story. We can only hope its a good one. Better than JP3, at least.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: evolution_rex on Jan 05, 2012, 09:01:52 PM
I would not be surprised if the plot of Jurassic Park: The Game was used for the fourth film, but I find that it would just screw over the established canon. Currently, JP: The Game is considered canon by most fans, and we'll have to wait for this film to know if it will still be canon.

The plot for JP: The Game was actually very good for the JP franchise. The game, although I haven't played it, had bad gameplay, but it's story and voice acting is what most people have been talking about. Not to mention it seemed that they created the right atmosphere of the first film. I'd call the game a fourth film within itself, and I hope the Spielberg looks at if for ideas of the new film.

But, from the looks of things, I think they have a story. We can only hope its a good one. Better than JP3, at least.
I consider it a movie, itself.
Just an interactive one.

Naissus

Naissus

If Prometheus becomes a hit, which I am sure it will.  I wonder if Steven Spielberg will look into making a prequel about the beginning of the park or a move related to Jurassic Park and has dinos but a different set of circumstances and characters that is isolated from the trilogy.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Jan 05, 2012, 09:09:18 PM
Just an interactive one.

Haven't played the game myself, but does it mention if the mercenaries sent to find the canister are part of Biosyn - the group Dodgson belonged to?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

lol wut

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 06, 2012, 12:17:17 AM
Just an interactive one.

Haven't played the game myself, but does it mention if the mercenaries sent to find the canister are part of Biosyn - the group Dodgson belonged to?

Yup, that's the one.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 06, 2012, 12:17:17 AM
Just an interactive one.

only nima (the mexican girl) and this guy who seems to be the one who talks to nedry in JP. that guy on that fake-video.
the mercenaries, you mentioned, were send by in-gen to rescue the remaining survivors.

i liked the voices much, but the quality was shit. in the english version it sometimes has delay on the voices, an echo and a lot of unsensitive cuts. when you play it in german it's even worse; they repeat sometimes the spoken line and don't reveal the next sentence.

but the story was very good, also the setting (goddamn JURASSIC PARK!) and it would've been a descent movie after all. the gameplay, kinda sucks... 6/10.

i would say it; was a pleasant disappointment  ;D

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 06, 2012, 12:50:11 AM

lol wut
I based my opinion off the ratings and reviews I've seen and read. I don't see a problem in that.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The game didn't have bad gameplay. Take it from someone who actually played and completed it.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 05, 2012, 05:52:01 AM
That would be shocking! Brad Cooper, sci-fi? Can't picture that.

Cooper is in Limitless which is sort of Sci Fi.

Gazz

Gazz

Cooper is also a massive sci-fi nerd at heart. He's writing an adaptation of Hyperion which he has also voiced an interest in directing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed