Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,495 times)

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

I'm a major Jurassic Park fan, and I've been watching the JP4 news closely. It has been in development hell for a long time, but it finally seems like they're going to make it. Mark Protosivich has been hired for the script, and despite what Kathleen Kennedy said, I think they're actually getting somewhere. I expect, if they don't give up again, it could be out by 2015.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

2015? We should ask Marty McFly. He would know!

Sandy Tess

Sandy Tess

Quote from: evolution_rex on Jan 04, 2012, 04:39:03 AM
I'm a major Jurassic Park fan, and I've been watching the JP4 news closely. It has been in development hell for a long time, but it finally seems like they're going to make it. Mark Protosivich has been hired for the script, and despite what Kathleen Kennedy said, I think they're actually getting somewhere. I expect, if they don't give up again, it could be out by 2015.

2015? Better than nothing. :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

2015 is three years away so that seems likely. I wish we could get some news about what they're planning for it though.

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

Not to advertize or anything, but I usually get my news from here: http://www.jplegacy.org/index2.php

This is some recent news for JP4 and the timeline of events:

-Steven Spielberg says he is working with Mark Protosivich on the script (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/steven-spielberg-brainstorming-jurassic-park-200911)

-Joe Johnston says something about it. He's the most likely one to direct the film. (http://screenrant.com/joe-johnston-jurassic-park-4-captain-america-director-rothc-123898/)

-Steven confirms JP4 at Comic-Con (sorry, can't find a link for it.)

-JPLegacy member Gui3232 (Artist Julien Romeo) met with Spielberg and he says that they'll still use animatronics for the film.

-Spielberg says that its time for him to work on JP4 now that he's finished War Horse (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85034)

-Kennedy claims they haven't gotten anywhere with the script, however I don't think I can believe her after Spielberg's words. (http://jurassicparkiv.org/forum/index.php?topic=404.0)

Those are, to me, the big pieces of news. Joseph Mozello (Tim Murphy) has expressed his interest to be in a fourth film and there has been rumors of Bradley Cooper, but Bradley Cooper would be unlikely.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That would be shocking! Brad Cooper, sci-fi? Can't picture that.

First Blood

First Blood

Having Mozello come back would be nice. He was outstanding in The Pacific.

MudButt

MudButt

Their are so many stories that are possible, this movie could go in different directions, but it's obvious that those Pterodactyls that escaped at the end of 3 need to be dealt with!

First Blood

First Blood

It's funny, in the new interviews on the JP Trilogy set, Spielberg mentions that they could have crafted a story around the missing shaving cream bottle. He even mentions that he filmed it falling down the hill to imply that it's sitting there waiting to be found. Or something to that extent. Don't know what he said verbatim.

MudButt

MudButt

I remember hearing about that too, I mean it's obviously a story too. Mercenaries get sent to retrieve it and sh*t gets intense.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's the premise of the JP game, which is why I before it gave us the best sequel possible.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 05, 2012, 06:02:13 AM
It's funny, in the new interviews on the JP Trilogy set, Spielberg mentions that they could have crafted a story around the missing shaving cream bottle.

this scene was shot to guarantee a direct sequel, that was the purpose of this particular scene.
but after chrichton publishing "the lost world", he decided to go with the story of side-b.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 05, 2012, 05:58:04 AM
Their are so many stories that are possible, this movie could go in different directions, but it's obvious that those Pterodactyls that escaped at the end of 3 need to be dealt with!
Not to be a dick, but those were Pterenanodons. Pterodactyls were more lizardlike than Pteranodons.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah, but 'Pterodactyls' is a term that's been accepted to indicate generally Pterosaurs... like 'Raptor' fits for Dromeosauridae.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Gate on Jan 05, 2012, 04:51:10 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jan 05, 2012, 05:58:04 AM
Not to be a dick, but those were Pterenanodons. Pterodactyls were more lizardlike than Pteranodons.

Eh they all fly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed