Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,029 times)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Nov 07, 2011, 06:24:46 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Nov 07, 2011, 05:27:49 PM
Bad writing and, to some extent, directing made JP/// a bit of a let down.
I largely agree, just on the writing part though. Apart from coming up with the whole 'LOL LETS PUT A NEW SUPERHUGE VILLAIN IN THAR' thing, Johnston directed the movie well. A very striking example of that is perhaps my favourite part, the Pteranodon sequence. Just how he presents the Pteranodon: the mist, the vibrations on the bridge, the score crescendo, then we hear its steps, and we see a silhouette through the mist... fantastic.

Regarding the Spinosaurus, I don't really think it 'killed' Jurassic Park. It was just a bit exaggerated in places, yeah. The fact it killed the Tyrannosaurus has nothing to do with the quality of the movie itself, but rather with 'killing-off-my-childhood-hero'.

I'll agree with most things here....

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think JP3 suck to me because the plot was nothing special and the movie did not had the same impact as the last two movies did. I hope we go back to the park setting from JP1-2.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

I completely agree with you for the Pteranodon scene Omega Zilla!
It was the scene that caught me during the entire movie because it built atmosphere progressively and did not rush into the action too quick.
The rest of the movie was an average mediocre flick with a big budget and they had many possibilities to go on.
Yet they simply choose to brought some hero back to an unknown island to them that we do know (So a Unknown Known?  :D ) without real coherence and the army at the very end ruined the thing for me:
I mean, why didn't they go on the island in the first place to rescue the first group but do go later to rescue the second group?  ::)

Anyway, locations were déjà vu and felt uninspired this time compared to JP2.
The fact there weren't many scenes at night also killed the god damn movie for me.
Last thing, ALMOST everytime we see a dino on the screen in this movie... it's because he wants to kill the humans and by that way I mean... where the **** went the thing... the magic that made Jurassic Park what it was.
I want to be impress about dinosaur. I don't want to see them act like every monster movie chasing human but I want to see their behaviour, their era / world , their awesomeness and not their teeth.

Gate

Gate

Snowdog

Snowdog

Also have to agree with Omegazilla about the Pteranodon scene. It was build up perfectly. And when the action did hit it was awesome and plain epic.

Beauty&Love

Beauty&Love

I love operation genesis I own it and its such a fun game. you know for the year it came out it was pretty damn good.

its still fun to play now and then..for me anyways.

though I wished they had more dinosaurs I love them

especially my big herbivores

omnomnomnomn

Alien³

Alien³

In my script for JPIV, Bio-syn creates a fake virus to stop anyone from venturing onto isla sorner so they can work undisturbed while they tag certain animals. They plan to take the tagged animals back to their labs for testing to find cures for cancer and other fatal illnesses. But what they underestimate is that InGen has plans to send a group of scientists to the island to try and stop the virus, which they believe is killing their animals. Obviously they discover the virus isn't real and it becomes a deadly game of cat and mouse as Bio-syn hunt the people of InGen to try and stop them from getting off the island.

I wanted it to have a die hard meets Jurassic park feel.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Snowdog on Nov 07, 2011, 11:50:54 PM
Also have to agree with Omegazilla about the Pteranodon scene. It was build up perfectly. And when the action did hit it was awesome and plain epic.

IMO it's the only memorable scene in the movie. The reveal of the Spino following the phone ring was pretty good too but the Ptero scene was the only gripping scene in the film.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Alien³ on Nov 08, 2011, 12:43:59 PM
In my script for JPIV, Bio-syn creates a fake virus to stop anyone from venturing onto isla sorner so they can work undisturbed while they tag certain animals. They plan to take the tagged animals back to their labs for testing to find cures for cancer and other fatal illnesses. But what they underestimate is that InGen has plans to send a group of scientists to the island to try and stop the virus, which they believe is killing their animals. Obviously they discover the virus isn't real and it becomes a deadly game of cat and mouse as Bio-syn hunt the people of InGen to try and stop them from getting off the island.

Wait a second..

are you Segisaurus at JPL!?

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Gate on Nov 08, 2011, 11:10:54 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Nov 08, 2011, 12:43:59 PM

Wait a second..

are you Segisaurus at JPL!?

I'm afraid not. Although if they're saying that is their idea for the fourth film, I can tell you its not. It is mine  8)

Snowdog

Snowdog

I saw all the Jurassic Park movies in the last couple of weeks. And i was suprisingly dissappointed with the lost world. The acting was a bit off sometimes and the story was pretty bad. A lot of character decisions or actions where totally unlogical. Then i saw Jurassic Park 3 and i have to say i think it is a better movie than the lost world. The acting was better. It was fast paced but not to fast. And the story was better (still not that great and original but the script was more polished at least it feels like it)

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Snowdog on Nov 09, 2011, 12:06:06 PM
I saw all the Jurassic Park movies in the last couple of weeks. And i was suprisingly dissappointed with the lost world. The acting was a bit off sometimes and the story was pretty bad. A lot of character decisions or actions where totally unlogical. Then i saw Jurassic Park 3 and i have to say i think it is a better movie than the lost world. The acting was better. It was fast paced but not to fast. And the story was better (still not that great and original but the script was more polished at least it feels like it)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Inb4 TJ Doc.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Snowdog on Nov 09, 2011, 12:06:06 PM

How was it not too quickly paced? They killed off the T.Rex within 3 minutes of arriving on the island and the film was 30 mins less than the others.

Alien³

Alien³

I honestly don't see how anyone could rate JP/// higher than The Lost World.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed