Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,591 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If they have to do re-writes, I doubt a greenlight will happen. I want a good movie that honours the JP name not some schlock-sci-fi trash.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Re-writes are pretty common nowadays in order to polish scripts. They're not necessarily a bad thing.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Nov 06, 2011, 10:37:00 PM
Re-writes are pretty common nowadays in order to polish scripts. They're not necessarily a bad thing.

Like Chet, which would have save us some bad moment in AVP-Requiem.  ::)
And the re-write did not change much or polished much as you believe, the movie was what it was.

The problem with a re-write is that you're still stuck with the initial plot.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Well, let's just wait and see how this turns out. Hopefully, it won't need any re-write.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Nov 06, 2011, 10:50:23 PM
Well, let's just wait and see how this turns out. Hopefully, it won't need any re-write.

I'm not blaming you scarhunter92  ;) just I'd rather have a JPIV well thought before any greenlight.
Re-write is not necessary a bad thing as you said.
Look at the empire strike back and Vader saying he's Luke's father. It was awesome.
But it was awesome because the movie was overall great and it added something more to it.

A re-write don't change a movie, it can only help to find another path still heading to the same direction ;)

r888

r888

Bring this guy back please

HE WAS AWESOME

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The Spino should come back if they have a re-match with The T-Rex. The Spino only won because they wanted the Spino to be the main Dinosaur of the movie.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Re-match sounds nice but I'm concerned it might turn the film into a versus movie. As long as it isn't drawn out.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

We really don't need to revisit all that, do we?

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 07, 2011, 08:36:32 AM
We really don't need to revisit all that, do we?

Nope but we do need the Rex back as the main (large) carnivore.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: r888 on Nov 07, 2011, 04:16:13 AM

HE WAS AWESOME

Spino can lick my ass.

And that last shot is so f-ing creepy.

I'm all for the re-match.  Always have been.  I don't even care how they doit.  They can play the Mortal Combat theme for all I care.  I just want Rexy boy to take back the throne.

This is beautful here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X46Xu36U1fY#

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: r888 on Nov 07, 2011, 04:16:13 AM

HE WAS AWESOME

That thing should burn in hell for eternity. As far as I'm concerned, that thing killed Jurassic Park.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Nov 07, 2011, 04:52:09 PM
As far as I'm concerned, that thing killed Jurassic Park.

Bad writing and, to some extent, directing made JP/// a bit of a let down. Not the Spinosaur.

Sylizar

Sylizar

If you think the Spino killed JP, you're an idiot. There was nothing wrong with its part, save for (maybe) killing the T.Rex.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Alien³ on Nov 07, 2011, 05:27:49 PM
Bad writing and, to some extent, directing made JP/// a bit of a let down.
I largely agree, just on the writing part though. Apart from coming up with the whole 'LOL LETS PUT A NEW SUPERHUGE VILLAIN IN THAR' thing, Johnston directed the movie well. A very striking example of that is perhaps my favourite part, the Pteranodon sequence. Just how he presents the Pteranodon: the mist, the vibrations on the bridge, the score crescendo, then we hear its steps, and we see a silhouette through the mist... fantastic.

Regarding the Spinosaurus, I don't really think it 'killed' Jurassic Park. It was just a bit exaggerated in places, yeah. The fact it killed the Tyrannosaurus has nothing to do with the quality of the movie itself, but rather with 'killing-off-my-childhood-hero'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed