Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,214 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 03, 2011, 11:49:32 AM
Perhaps the intention was to
aaaand I'm out.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

You always were.

Spoiler
J-k!
[close]

Snowdog

Snowdog

I like the idea of grant having nightmares about raptors and their intelligence.
But NOT in the way it was excecuted in jp3. in jp3 it was just some kinds of strange kid humor :/
Also the scene after the spino killed the rex. we see the spino's head turn and then we hear a breaking noise of some kind. it is grant hitting kirby but still. It also was a failed attempt at "humor" of some sorts.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Ha, as a kid, I was plenty of confused at that last one. I thought it was the Spinosaurus hitting a branch or something.
Oh my JPIII. What are you. There's some great things about you, yet you keep coming with nasty (not in a good way!) ideas here and here, like the magical military at the end, which I've never understood, even as a kid. Or the territorially maniac Spinosaurus. Or the magically changing Sorna.
I'll always have a spot for you, though. You're not as good as your predecessors, not in a million years, but you're still cool somehow.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Snowdog on Aug 03, 2011, 12:15:54 PM
I like the idea of grant having nightmares about raptors and their intelligence.
But NOT in the way it was excecuted in jp3. in jp3 it was just some kinds of strange kid humor :/
Also the scene after the spino killed the rex. we see the spino's head turn and then we hear a breaking noise of some kind. it is grant hitting kirby but still. It also was a failed attempt at "humor" of some sorts.

Kung Fu Spinosaurus

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 03, 2011, 12:17:46 AM
i don't get what's so bad about it. it's not much more ridiculous than the "hahaha! you didn't say the magic word!"

It is way more ridiculous.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quotehahaha! you didn't say the magic word!
that was a great moment in jurassic park. not too far fetched and a lot of fun :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 03, 2011, 11:49:32 AM
I was creeped out by the scene as a child, but I thought it wasn't the Raptor talking. I thought, instead, that the Raptor made some sort of sound (that was the 'jump-scare' OST of the sequence), and then Billy's voice came from over the dream. When I re-watched the film and noticed how it really is, I changed opinion on it, but it's not really somethign down-grading.
Come on guys, let's remember the scene was a dream. Incredible things can happen in dreams. Perhaps the intention was to show Grant's fear that Raptors may take their intelligence too far, and that is not 'expressed' in a logical way in this dream.

Jurassic Park is above cheesy, clichéd dream sequences. That's why it sucked.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 03, 2011, 09:56:59 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 03, 2011, 12:17:46 AM
i don't get what's so bad about it. it's not much more ridiculous than the "hahaha! you didn't say the magic word!"

It is way more ridiculous.

i agree, one is one of the characters having a sense of humour, the other is a character having a dream about a type of raptor he's never even seen before

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

The talking raptor scene (I'm sure) was supposed to be a twisted, odd dream-logic attempt at foreshadowing Raptors being able to communicate intelligently with one another. It certainly didn't come off that way on film. It's pretty goofy, to the point of being "The Mask" or "Hook" ... It just didn't fit with a Jurassic Park film. It might have played a little better if it was darker ... and the voice was at least more beastly. If they'd have made it a more like the snakeman sequence from Dreamscape it would have kept us from laughing (as hard.)

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Aug 04, 2011, 11:01:37 AM
It might have played a little better if it was darker ... and the voice was at least more beastly. If they'd have made it a more like the snakeman sequence from Dreamscape it would have kept us from laughing (as hard.)

No, no, no.

Jurassic Park, The Lost World have no dream sequences even if it was darker it shouldn't belong it wasn't the JP way.

Keg

Keg

A nightmare involving a raptor I can dig. A nightmare involving a talking raptor I cant dig.

It just didnt have the desired effect at all and it came across as laughable and audiences thought it was a cheap joke which I hope wasnt the intention.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Sometimes silence is golden. When I first saw that scene I wasn't mad, but very confused. That single word took away the atmosphere of an originally a tried and true but still clichéd moment.
I can get what they were attempting to do because when you come out of a dream, often the lines get blurred. You will see things from a dream in the room with you for a few seconds, be confused as to where you are, and have subjects of the dream talk to you in the voice of someone who is close by like Dr. Grant saw.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed