Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,397 times)

if anything i think the parents in 3 were too wimpy and the kid was too bad-ass in JP 1 and 2 we saw the kids be terrified and then harden underpressure, in 3, the kid was already totally hardened, and so the fact he was so "cool" was kind of annoying,

jacc.90

jacc.90

Quote from: AvatarIII on Jul 18, 2011, 02:39:21 PM
if anything i think the parents in 3 were too wimpy and the kid was too bad-ass in JP 1 and 2 we saw the kids be terrified and then harden underpressure, in 3, the kid was already totally hardened, and so the fact he was so "cool" was kind of annoying,
Im agree too . ^^

Spinosaurus, how you may be scared of these 3? ... oh god

;D

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Spino should have eaten Mr. Kirby, like it was originally supposed to happen.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 18, 2011, 02:19:53 PM
Jurassic Park has always been pretty family oriented, though. I agree that it was exaggerated in 3, but I don't want them to completely lost that element in the sequels. Kids should be able to enjoy Jurassic Park, too.

Key word is should. Kids are seeing worse things on TV everyday so I'm not sure why JP should be the exception. At least throw some blood like the second film did.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 19, 2011, 08:37:02 PM
Jurassic Park has always been pretty family oriented, though. I agree that it was exaggerated in 3, but I don't want them to completely lost that element in the sequels. Kids should be able to enjoy Jurassic Park, too.

Key word is should. Kids are seeing worse things on TV everyday so I'm not sure why JP should be the exception. At least throw some blood like the second film did.

I'm fine with all of that. I just don't want it to turn into a slasher with dinosaurs. I prefer the adventure feel of the films, as I'm sure most people do.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I agree. I wasn't suggesting it become a slasher flick but take some risks at least.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, my comment was directed more towards some of the earlier posts than at what you said :)

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

That kid had spent weeks running and hiding from Dinosaurs. The kids from the first two had spent one day on the island

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Jurassic Park has always been pretty family oriented, though.
I both agree and disagree... while the base plotline is there for all ages, there is another layer of depth to it, whether it be in the witty, well written dialogue, or scientific levels (talking the first two, more scientific is the first, obviously), but that's not necessarily needed to be understood by a younger audience for them to enjoy it (obviously). But I hate when they dumb it down to it being fairly-well unrecognizable when compared to Michael Crichton's vision Jurassic Park-- of course I'm talking about Jurassic Park III, which has disappointed me since I saw it as an eight year old.

I'd like to see a scarier Jurassic Park, not just on a dinosaur tensity level, but in terms of situation, scientific crisis, and industrial/jungle setting. I've alway wished since reading the book that Jurassic Park would have more of that under construction feel, only adding to the atmosphere. Stuff like seeing a raptor run across a road- that image always stuck with me from the novel because it fore-told of the coming crisis, and how shit already was a bit out of hand without the park's electricity going dead. I also liked the description of the vacant excavators and dumptrucks in the jungle clearings, sent of a really spooky atmosphere that I really wish they utilized more in the movie. But hey, not everything can be perfect, and I'm quite happy with what we've got.

But yes, to do with the level of violence, I think The Lost World did it best; that's not to say Muldoon's death wasn't appropriately horrific. I believe that the pacing of these death scenes can also be a bit more gut-wrenching, similar to scenes like Brett and Dallas' deaths in ALIEN. You knew it was going to happen, even suspected a couple moments when you were just so sure it was going to strike, but never did until the suspense had grown to it's absolute pinnacle.

JPIII had none of this, and I think, along with the weak characters, awful pacing, and lack of respect for the previous movies and their novels, that was the worst thing about it.

If they can expand upon the series in a positive way, awesome, but if they totally ruin the purpose of the series' best aspects again like they did with JPIII, I'll run through a warzone in nothing but my skin. This "totally different direction" thing has me concerned for my baby.

OmegaZilla

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Thanks for posting the pic, now I can post a perfect audio example of how I'd love the atmosphere of Jurassic Park to be  ;D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcD4NV2GSDI#

So tense. So, well, wonderful. And at the same time... terrifying.

Shasvre

Shasvre

And here I was expecting you to post this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0M-OTunDio#

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Laufey on Jul 20, 2011, 12:11:32 PM
And here I was expecting you to post this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0M-OTunDio#
Another great example, you've got it.  :)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

'Hatching Baby Raptor' is one of my favourite tracks from the Jurassic Park score, it just transpires sheer awesome from every second of it. And as Sweeper said, it's at the same time wonderful, and really, really eerie. There's something really mysterious in that chore.
The same track would be later re-used in Jurassic Park III, when the group gets to the laboratory. It gets remixed when Amanda Kirby sees the Raptor.

Quote from: Fujimaster on Jul 20, 2011, 11:32:04 AM

That kid had spent weeks running and hiding from Dinosaurs. The kids from the first two had spent one day on the island

i didn't say that it didn't make sense, i siad that it was annoying,

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed