Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,332 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 19, 2011, 12:19:36 AM
Well, maybe not the best, but very, very close. I love that music. So...so much.

Definitely. Only other film I can think of that's comparable is Lord of the Rings. Maybe Star Wars, as well.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 19, 2011, 05:00:22 AM
Well, maybe not the best, but very, very close. I love that music. So...so much.

Definitely. Only other film I can think of that's comparable is Lord of the Rings. Maybe Star Wars, as well.
I'd put King Kong up there. Such an incredibly underrated epic score.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 18, 2011, 08:08:04 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 18, 2011, 06:51:26 PM
In my 'fan film' inspired more by the book, I have a pretty high body count, plenty of gore and viscera, action, chases, etc. And the balls to have a child eaten by a Dinosaur (Thank you Jaws era Spielberg!) But the main characters (for the most part) seem to avoid death because the force is simply 'with them.'
Can it be found anywhere on the internet? I seriously want to see this.

Uploading the first segment to youtube as I type this. I'll guess I'll post it in the fan films section? Then update it as often as I can until the entire film is available. 10-15 minute segments is all it'll let me upload at a time and it takes hours to upload.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 19, 2011, 12:09:58 AM
And, I must say, I think the first movie probably has the best score in any movie, ever.

It's right up there in my top 20 that's for sure. I learned how to play the main theme on the piano from listening to it over and over again.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 19, 2011, 05:41:23 AM

YES! James Newton Howard's Kong score smashed my ears so nice. I used tracks from Jurassic Park, Lost World, King Kong, The Village, Indian Jones & The Last Crusade, Return of the Jedi, and Predator 2 in the fan film.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 19, 2011, 06:40:14 AM
In my 'fan film' inspired more by the book, I have a pretty high body count, plenty of gore and viscera, action, chases, etc. And the balls to have a child eaten by a Dinosaur (Thank you Jaws era Spielberg!) But the main characters (for the most part) seem to avoid death because the force is simply 'with them.'

Uploading the first segment to youtube as I type this. I'll guess I'll post it in the fan films section? Then update it as often as I can until the entire film is available. 10-15 minute segments is all it'll let me upload at a time and it takes hours to upload.

YES! James Newton Howard's Kong score smashed my ears so nice. I used tracks from Jurassic Park, Lost World, King Kong, The Village, Indian Jones & The Last Crusade, Return of the Jedi, and Predator 2 in the fan film.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 19, 2011, 06:45:22 AM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/107/708/tumblr_liebpzbCOv1qdkf2k.gif?1300698033

:D :D :D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 18, 2011, 09:10:27 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 18, 2011, 08:55:14 PM
I specifically remember merchandise coming out before the movie. Believe me, I was all over that shit.

So much of it was pre-release that it sort-of makes it's merchandising irrelevant to the movie's actual success.
Oh, so was I haha..  ;D I still got a pair of toys from that line.
While  it is true,though, that  a lot of merchandise came in before the actual film (as per the precedent ones), a lot did come out after, too; the Spinosaurus, symbol of the film, is still used a lot in JP media. If JPIII really turned interest off of people, they wouldn't have opened the wound again.

How long did that merchandise last for though? I haven't seen any sort of JP-related merchandise for sale since...geez, I think 2002.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I don't really know, I remember something like 3 or 4 games including Operation Genesis, some sporadic toy lines. I distinctly remember one from 2009. Oh, and the Papo toys. A lot of them are, practically, the Jurassic Park Dinosaurs (including the Spinosaurus).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Operation Genesis came out in 2003, if I'm not mistaken. And being "practically" JP dinosaurs is not the same thing. The design may be similar, but if it's not the same franchise, then it doesn't count.

The latest development we have as far as JP media is concerned is the TT game Jurassic Park which does look very promising. Who knows, maybe that could re-ignite interest.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I think PAPO toys got some rights. I mean, look:

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

yehhehehehesss

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 19, 2011, 12:36:38 PM
I think PAPO toys got some rights. I mean, look:
http://image.rakuten.co.jp/are-sore/cabinet/papo01/pp-55001-03.jpg
http://www.tyrano.co.kr/shop/data/1/m1_papo_spino_0.gif

You think they got the rights. Granted the looks are too similar to ignore but if you don't know for sure...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah... and if the looks are similar, that means PAPO thinks those looks sell, rights or not. And Spinosauurs being there reconnects to what I am saying.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on May 19, 2011, 02:47:18 PM

yehhehehehesss

First episode is up in Fan Films.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=38839.0

Looks like it's going to be in about 9 parts. Get some popcorn out. Sorry about the cliff hangers (and the bad acting!)

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Im looking forward to it, love the movies, Jurassic Park was the first movie I ever watched at the cinema, so it will always hold a special place in my heart.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed