Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,942 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 18, 2011, 08:47:47 PM
It was still pretty successful, it sucking royally [as subjective as something can get] or not. 3 didn't kill interest, it increased interest - and as I said, spawned an enormous merchandise. Later Jurassic Park media all feature stuff from the third film, beginning with the Spinosaurus. If it was not successful, and if it universally sucked, why would merchandise force it so much? Wouldn't that decrease sellings and thus make for a very, very unintelligent move?
I specifically remember merchandise coming out before the movie. Believe me, I was all over that shit.

So much of it was pre-release that it sort-of makes it's merchandising irrelevant to the movie's actual success.

But goddamnit those Burger King cookies were good.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

If the only reason to continue the series is to sell merchandise, I'm twice as out. Were they to announce a fourth movie now the general reaction would probably be complete disdain and complaints about cow-milking. Give us new stuff.

Preferably with dinosaurs.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on May 18, 2011, 08:55:28 PM
Preferably with dinosaurs.
And blud.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

All that blud.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 18, 2011, 08:55:14 PM
I specifically remember merchandise coming out before the movie. Believe me, I was all over that shit.

So much of it was pre-release that it sort-of makes it's merchandising irrelevant to the movie's actual success.
Oh, so was I haha..  ;D I still got a pair of toys from that line.
While  it is true,though, that  a lot of merchandise came in before the actual film (as per the precedent ones), a lot did come out after, too; the Spinosaurus, symbol of the film, is still used a lot in JP media. If JPIII really turned interest off of people, they wouldn't have opened the wound again.

First Blood

First Blood

Hmm...perhaps Terra Nova will be the closest thing to a JP for the time being. Stevie is executive producer and it's bringing the dinos along with Stephen Lang.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The first Jurassic Park movie is on ABC family right now. They will be playing JP3 next.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on May 18, 2011, 11:05:52 PM
The first Jurassic Park movie on ABC family right now. They will be playing JP3 next.

Well that'll be an awkward jump in quality. :laugh:
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 18, 2011, 08:47:05 PM
Quote from: Sharp Sticks on May 18, 2011, 08:42:59 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 18, 2011, 08:27:30 PM
Why? It was pretty successful at the box office, and it spawned a lot of merchandise.

Still royally sucked, and people noticed.

Yeah, like an eight year old me.
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/user_photos/1202246/e9c4149ae6d0da678e4253a9460a7ee6_rectangle_xlarge.png?52334423
If you think thats bad even when I was 6 (was my first and only JP experience in the theatres sadly) I could see all it's problems. Only thing is that I was mostly pissed about the Rex vs Spino scene. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'm kind of glad there aren't plans for a JPIV. When I was younger I loved all three, and I can watch all three now for enjoyment, but really, the first one is the only really good one in the series. (The others aren't terrible, just not as good as the first). I really see nowhere for a fourth movie to go without feeling tacked on.

And, I must say, I think the first movie probably has the best score in any movie, ever.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 19, 2011, 12:09:58 AM
And, I must say, I think the first movie probably has the best score in any movie, ever.

I mean, it's great score and I hummed that more as a kid than I did speak words, but I wouldn't say the best...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Well, maybe not the best, but very, very close. I love that music. So...so much.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: King Rathalos on May 18, 2011, 11:25:00 PM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on May 18, 2011, 11:05:52 PM
The first Jurassic Park movie on ABC family right now. They will be playing JP3 next.

Well that'll be an awkward jump in quality. :laugh:

I don't know why that they are not playing the second movie?

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

ABC Family can only handle so much Ian Malcom.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Pussies.

Remonster

Remonster

Ian Malcolm let himself get attacked by the Tyrannosaur. Just so he had an excuse to open his shirt.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed