Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,578 times)

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: scarhunter92 on May 18, 2011, 04:49:52 PM
Quote from: Ghost Rider on May 18, 2011, 04:09:49 PM
Quote from: scarhunter92 on May 18, 2011, 04:08:18 PM
The worst-case scenario would be a reboot. Unless it follows the novel closely, I don't want to hear anything about rebooting this franchise.

Yeah, though I am curious about a reboot. I have a feeling that the CG won't be as good.

You can't top the original movie's mix of animatronics and CGI. Talk about damn realistic.

Indeed. Only time will tell however.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

I'm with Sammy over there. Don't need a fourth.

More dinosaur movies would be nice, though. They're one of the most underutilized tropes.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Jurassic Park cgi love, direct from ILM's website:

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on May 18, 2011, 05:06:58 PM

Nearly 20 years old and still looking damn good.

Shasvre

Shasvre

"The point is... you are alive when they start to eat you."

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Now THAT is realistic.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Pah. That's not CGI.

Next you'll be telling me flea-circuses are mechanized.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Still stunning after all these years. Love those great, great shots.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

This is the most epic Tyrannosaurus Rex picture in the history of epic Tyrannosaurus Rex pictures. I love hwo the lighting is crashing right over his head.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Blows my mind, I tell ya.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on May 18, 2011, 06:16:01 PM

Simply the best. I love that shot so much. Sums up a lot of how I see Jurassic Park.

A fan fiction. One of these days. One of these days.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

As much as I LOVED the original Jurassic Park, I still think it fell utterly short on conveying just how extremely dangerous the Raptors were in comparison to the book. There is NO way those kids would have survived the kitchen encounter.

That being said, I myself have fallen into the filmmakers trap of unrealistically allowing human characters to escape a grisly death via dinos for tension and story progression purposes. In my 'fan film' inspired more by the book, I have a pretty high body count, plenty of gore and viscera, action, chases, etc. And the balls to have a child eaten by a Dinosaur (Thank you Jaws era Spielberg!) But the main characters (for the most part) seem to avoid death because the force is simply 'with them.'

It's a long shot, but a darker, R rated remake would be interesting.

I'm with Sam and Sticks. No number 4. Would rather see a different movie with Dinosaurs.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Weird thing is that Universal could make a fourth Jurassic Park film anytime and make a shitload of money... they've delayed it for so long. They've, fundamentally, ignored a gold mine. Jurassic Park is a f**king enormous franchise. It has a gargantuan number of fans worldwide.
I'd love to see it made personally, but realistically, I do not think it is anymore possible.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on May 18, 2011, 06:16:01 PM

Blows my mind, I tell ya.

Yep. That whole sequence was incredible. Some of today's CGI just can't match this film, and its going on 20 years since its release.

With regards to Winston, he even got the Rex's pupils to dilate on the puppet when Lex shinned the flashlight in front of it.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 18, 2011, 07:11:18 PM
I'd love to see it made personally, but realistically, I do not think it is anymore possible.

I think there is a better chance of seeing a PG-13 part 4 than an R rated remake. So, take that as a small consolation.

It could still happen for ya Zilla ... just minus 1 Sam Neil, 1 Stan Winston, and 1 Micheal Crichton. But the Jurassic Park legacy is bigger than the sum of it's parts. It just needs the right nurturing from the right creative sources/forces to ensure that the legacy remains viable, or better yet increases it's potency. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed