Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,680 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: TheMonolith on May 04, 2011, 12:13:12 AM
There was a pretty good sized ranged in Trespasser, but then again that is EU.
Awesome EU!

How do i... Hug you?

if only JP3 had been based of Trespasser, i can still listen to the Hammond Monologues if i concentrate hard.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Trespasser was awesome. Best health management ever.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I loved that game. Won it countless times. Such a fun game to explore. My only real gripes were the melee weapon system which was useless, punching in codes with that finger (doing it in real life would have been easier) and the jump, which often had you stuck at a small crate for 30 minutes.
Other than that, it was fun, the levels looked great and would be awesome on the big screen, the game had a nice flow and a consistent feel of suspense.
A flawed but good game. And a personal favorite.

Making the next JP based on this would be worth it for the sets alone. And you could have the returns of Lex and Tim as well as Annie from the game along with a rag tag Poseidon Adventure esque group of survivors from the crash.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: TheMonolith on May 04, 2011, 01:43:07 AM
a consistent feel of suspense.
That's what I want most in a new Jurassic Park game... somebody really needs to do a survival horror Jurassic Park justice. Trespasser did a great job of re-creating the feel of TLW's Isla Sorna, too-- a version of the island, that if you can't tell from previous posts, I am greatly attatched to the look and atmosphere of.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I agree. The level design made that game. I know the places by heart.
The beach pathway, the monorail, the trench leading to the waterfall, the canyon, the town, the dam, the warehouses, the docks, the labs, the mountain, the summit. Each one of them is begging to be put on film.

I actually do have a soft spot for JP3. Could have been better and in the end came out as a pretty average movie.
Lost World focused a lot on the action and had many cheesy elements that pulled it down but in the end is the best sequel thus far. None can come close to the original thriller.

I really do was a nice survival film. Trespasser created a place that was perfect to make a thrilling odyssey for us to follow some characters on. Throw in some raptors, T Rexes, Dilophosaurus, and maybe even a few new ones.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Trespasser is an unfinished turd that gets over for awesome atmosphere.

Oh, and here's a nice little Sorna map from JPLegacy.org, I'm seeing some assumptions in here, but it kind of fits.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: XenoVC on May 04, 2011, 03:39:41 AM
Oh, and here's a nice little Sorna map from JPLegacy.org, I'm seeing some assumptions in here, but it kind of fits.
They all are. The mentioned crossing the entire damned island (which involved moving inland) in TLW, and the time differences between the distances are way off. Nice map, but the location placement is way off.

predxeno

predxeno

Yeah, Trespasser was great. ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 03, 2011, 10:39:02 PM
and the new appearance of the velociraptors. I don't give a shit about how accurate they look. If they were going for accuracy, they wouldn't have kept them utahraptor size.  ::)
Totally, to be honest though I wouldn't mind the new appearence if it wasn't for two things: the quills don't make sense, and the red eyes make them look like they ate waaay too much mexican food. It's also a bit... ironic how Horner wanted more accuracy on the Raptors, yet completely goes over the Spinosaurus behaving way too territorially and the Pteranodons having teeth, which invalidates their name; I though like them a lot, if it was not for those teeth they would be just simple repaints of the Pteranodon at the end of the second film, which was by all means correct. To those people saying that the Pteranodons are not intimidating without teeth, please. The single scariest shot of them is when one turns its head around towards Grant, and it would totally have worked without teeth. If they wanted teeth, they should have used Ludodactylus.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

The raptors in JP are not modeled after velociraptors but after deinonychus.
Skull structure, size, everything. In the 90s they were considered part of the same genetic group but that was eventually disregarded.
So technically, there never was a velociraptor in any JP movie. There were however tons od deinonychus.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

You guys are making me want to download and install this this since my PS2 copy is in my country house:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0taMRoKO9RY#

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

I had no idea there were so much Trespasser love in this place. I think my copy is still sitting somewhere in the basement collecting dust. Used to play it constantly.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 04, 2011, 12:42:20 PM
To those people saying that the Pteranodons are not intimidating without teeth, please. The single scariest shot of them is when one turns its head around towards Grant, and it would totally have worked without teeth.
'Twas just a joke. Aside from some shots of the babies it's not like the teeth are ever even shown that clearly, so they certainly could've been just as threatening without them.

BTW, did anyone else here have an addiction to the old Sega Genesis Jurassic Park game as a young'un?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on May 04, 2011, 04:42:26 PMBTW, did anyone else here have an addiction to the old Sega Genesis Jurassic Park game as a young'un?
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/4187/223489-jurassicpark04_super.jpg
Yeap, I used to love that game. If it's the one where you could either play as Grant or a Velociraptor that is. But I didn't get a Mega Drive until ten years after it was released or so. :'(

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

oh yes. yes YES YES!

I have continuously played that game ever since. have in on an emulator on all my PCs, have it on Picodrive on my cellphone, have the ripped soundtrack laying around my download folder....

it's just awesome. the sprites, the backgrounds, every sound.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on May 04, 2011, 04:42:26 PM
BTW, did anyone else here have an addiction to the old Sega Genesis Jurassic Park game as a young'un?
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/4187/223489-jurassicpark04_super.jpg
f**k yes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed