Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,352 times)

First Blood

First Blood

I am in agreement about the soldiers scene. Grant and Co. are on the beach yelling at the guy with the megaphone and...*poof* up comes a f**king armada of soldiers, ships and vehicles out of thin air.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Remember; helicopters are silent.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 03, 2011, 09:39:39 PM
Spoiler
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 03, 2011, 08:32:36 PM
Not to mention it just popped out of thin air, having not existed in The Lost World.
Totally, I used to wonder a lot about the Spinosaurus' (and some others, too) sudden appearence too. I came to the conclusion that... there are countless speculations over how the f**k did that thing pop out, the film doesn't really go further than a blunt mention on the matter; but after all, we do see an Anatotitan skull, not seen alive anywhere, in the second flick; they just needed something new and fresh to make the film appeal to the audiences more. Also, Horner shot so much bullshit about the Spinosaurus in the making of that a cow with diarrhea could not compete with him. ::)
A positive factor, though, would be that the film is one of the first forms of media portraying the Spinosaurus in a (mostly, as in all the other dinosaurs) realistic reconstruction of its anatomy; beforehand, the most knew the Spinosaurus as, basically, a Tyrannosaurus with a sail on its back. The film helped to dismantle this belief.

Ugh, I know. That's a pretty big one for me. I loved how boreal Isla Sorna looked in The Lost World, and I liked it as much (and in some ways more) as Isla Nublar in JP (each for different reasons). The island just didn't look interesting or cool to see the dinosaurs in at all in JP III. It was a complete different environment. Bullshit.
In reality I am a f**king nut when it comes to the Inter-continuity between two films, things like this are equal to changing an actor, a real sore thumb for me. I am sure some locations in III are the same as those of the first film, I still wonder why they did not go back to the original locations; when I saw the film I was confused, the writing said Sorna, but it looked like Nublar.
I am not talking about the island only, too. Some creatures lack continuity in appearence! I can understand, say, different color schemes, but why do Raptors suddenly have quills? Why do Pteranodons have teeth (when, ironically, Pteranodon means 'wings and toothless')? Those changes were made for a reason or the other, more accurate for the Raptors for example, but why don't they bother just to explain it just with a small mention?
I have just learned that I do not have to include that into my valuation of the flick.

Goes without saying. That disgusted me when I was seven.
LOL, first time I saw it I was like '...eh? Soldiers?!' xD
[close]
Agreed, again, on ALL counts. I should also mention that these were all things that I had noticed going to see this the first time, seven of age. I remember being really disappointed by the tyrannosaurus-spinosaurus fight and the new appearance of the velociraptors. I don't give a shit about how accurate they look. If they were going for accuracy, they wouldn't have kept them utahraptor size.  ::)

The thing about "just wanting the eggs" and leaving in peace was bullshit as well. Goddamnit, I just hate this film the more I think about it... best thing about it was the spino design, the velociraptor movement, and the pteranadon reveal.

Also, though I liked them when I was seven, the characters were all stupid too.

If only I could keep this hatred up long enough to write a fan-fic.  :laugh:

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 03, 2011, 10:34:45 PM
Remember; helicopters are silent.
And those amphibious APCs were just REARIN' to go!  :laugh:

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 03, 2011, 08:32:36 PMUgh, I know. That's a pretty big one for me. I loved how boreal Isla Sorna looked in The Lost World, and I liked it as much (and in some ways more) as Isla Nublar in JP (each for different reasons). The island just didn't look interesting or cool to see the dinosaurs in at all in JP III. It was a complete different environment. Bullshit.

Think this was justified as each film being completely different parts of the island, still doesn't make much sense.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Honestly, I somehow am able to overlook/forget about the dumb crap in the Jurassic Park movies, maybe that's because the actual characters still manage to be interesting?  I think that's it, not a total bomb.  Curious.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Why do Pteranodons have teeth (when, ironically, Pteranodon means 'wings and toothless')?

Pteranodons cannot be intimidating unless they have lots of sharp, pointy teeth to bite the ever lovin' crap outta you with with. The filmmakers knew this.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on May 03, 2011, 11:04:45 PM
Why do Pteranodons have teeth (when, ironically, Pteranodon means 'wings and toothless')?

Pteranodons cannot be intimidating unless they have lots of sharp, pointy teeth to bite the ever lovin' crap outta you with with. The filmmakers knew this.

This.

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 03, 2011, 10:53:21 PM
Honestly, I somehow am able to overlook/forget about the dumb crap in the Jurassic Park movies, maybe that's because the actual characters still manage to be interesting?  I think that's it, not a total bomb.  Curious.

You call married couple drama interesting? This is Jurassic Park, not a chick flick.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on May 03, 2011, 11:04:45 PM
Sharpness breeds superiority.

Spoiler
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: XenoVC on May 03, 2011, 10:43:59 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 03, 2011, 08:32:36 PMUgh, I know. That's a pretty big one for me. I loved how boreal Isla Sorna looked in The Lost World, and I liked it as much (and in some ways more) as Isla Nublar in JP (each for different reasons). The island just didn't look interesting or cool to see the dinosaurs in at all in JP III. It was a complete different environment. Bullshit.

Think this was justified as each film being completely different parts of the island, still doesn't make much sense.
Only The Lost World and JPIII were on Isla Sorna. In the Lost World, they traveled it's complete expanse, and it was boreal the whole way through, where in JPIII, it was tropical. There can't be a change like that on a single island...

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 03, 2011, 11:30:26 PM

Only The Lost World and JPIII were on Isla Sorna. In the Lost World, they traveled it's complete expanse, and it was boreal the whole way through, where in JPIII, it was tropical. There can't be a change like that on a single island...

Its very likely that during the operational stages of Ingen that the boreal, tropical, and swamp-like depictions were all meant for specific enclosures for dinosaurs of different time periods and areas.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

And I doubt the entire island was explored in TLW.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

The Island would have to be gigantic.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 03, 2011, 11:39:56 PM
And I doubt the entire island was explored in TLW.
They commented that they were traveling to one side to the other... and that's what they did. No matter what, the evironmental change between the two films makes zero sense.

Quote from: Gate on May 03, 2011, 11:36:46 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 03, 2011, 11:30:26 PM

Its very likely that during the operational stages of Ingen that the boreal, tropical, and swamp-like depictions were all meant for specific enclosures for dinosaurs of different time periods and areas.
That's over-analysing it; they can't change the type of forest the island contains after the fact, and the island itself cannot truly vary. However, the change from tropical to boreal in between JP and TLW (which already makes sense due to being two different islands) was likely a more artistic choice than anything, showing a different era for the dinosaurs.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The only way the boreal / tropical change could make sense is if there was a mountain range on Isla Sorna.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

There was a pretty good sized ranged in Trespasser, but then again that is EU.
Awesome EU!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed