Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,593 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

You can handwave that away with "genetically modified". They weren't pure DNA strains or anything.

SiL

SiL

Most of that stuff can be covered with the good ole frog DNA baloney.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That was such a dumb angle. If you're using the DNA of another animal, then the animal you're breeding for in the end should have some characteristics of the other's DNA.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

And they did - that's why the raptors in the first movie were able to breed even though they started out all-female.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 28, 2011, 07:43:09 PM
That was such a dumb angle. If you're using the DNA of another animal, then the animal you're breeding for in the end should have some characteristics of the other's DNA.

i dunno, all life on earth shares a huge amount of DNA, humans and banana's share about 50% apparently, the amount of DNA that actually does stuff is only a tiny fraction of our entire DNA code, most of the rest is just random junk or stuff that's been turned off. and if the frog DNA they used was mostly that stuff, just there to pad the chromosomes out basically, the kind of characteristics that they inherited from frogs should have been practically nothing, if the scientists who made the DNA knew what they were doing.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

I do believe this is how Chet's final design came to be.
Quote from: AvatarIII on Mar 01, 2011, 10:45:14 AM

i dunno, all life on earth shares a huge amount of DNA, humans and banana's share about 50% apparently, the amount of DNA that actually does stuff is only a tiny fraction of our entire DNA code, most of the rest is just random junk or stuff that's been turned off. and if the frog DNA they used was mostly that stuff, just there to pad the chromosomes out basically, the kind of characteristics that they inherited from frogs should have been practically nothing, if the scientists who made the DNA knew what they were doing.
Exactly. Thank you Avatar III.

Gate

Gate

http://www.dailyseagull.com/movie-reviews-from-the-future-jurassic-park-4-summer-2010/

Just posted this up for the lulz. This article is so retardedly hilarious that I nearly died laughing.

Requiem28

Requiem28

lol

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Gate on Apr 02, 2011, 05:50:57 AM
http://www.dailyseagull.com/movie-reviews-from-the-future-jurassic-park-4-summer-2010/

Just posted this up for the lulz. This article is so retardedly hilarious that I nearly died laughing.

What the Hell?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Since Captain America is finish now, could we see JP4 get made for once now?

Nightlord

Nightlord

QuoteOver the past 15 years, Nedry has been producing dinosaurs, and upgrading them to make them even more destructive.  Velociraptors will now carry machine guns, Tyrannosaurus Rex's will have bazookas, and Brontosaurus' will shoot grenades out of their necks.  There's even a brand new dinosaur called the Terroristosaurus
:laugh: well that explains the can anyway lol

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

And Ankylosaurs will become actual tanks and fire bombs from their tails. He forgot that.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

The people at Universal better get the stick out of their asses and start working on JP4. Hell, even Joe Johnston recently said he'd be interested in directing it after he was done with Captain America.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm not sure they care at this point. If they really believed there was money in it, they'd have done something by now.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Apr 06, 2011, 09:05:48 AM
The people at Universal better get the stick out of their asses and start working on JP4. Hell, even Joe Johnston recently said he'd be interested in directing it after he was done with Captain America.

He might want to direct CA2 next though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed