Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,165 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 27, 2011, 12:06:50 PMAs shown in the climax of the film, I'd think maybe. :P

No reason that bringing dinosaurs to the main land had to end in a disaster like that, unless the movie called for it.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 27, 2011, 12:06:50 PMHe didn't really care for Roland, you know. All he cared for were the animals. He's the 'love him and hate him' kind of character. Roland's badasseness assured him survival though. 8)

Nah, I just hate him. He put the life of some freaking dinosaurs above his own life and the rest of the group. The guy deserved to be eaten. Besides, what would have happened if Roland came face to face with a Raptor for example and needed to shot that, only to find out the bullets were gone? He would have been dead in seconds. It was pure luck that he found out when he did and was able to pick up the other gun instead.

First Blood

First Blood

Ludlow was the John Hammond type character of TLW, except he was more radical in his beliefs, where as when John knew to let his park fall in order to survive Ludlow is determined not to fail no matter the consequence. His team and InGen were a liability. The scene when Ludlow is talking to Roland, and Roland brings up Ajay's death Ludlow isn't too concerned. He's more interested in the Rex.

I found him to be a bit of a twerp and a snake.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Aye, he was a dick, but none of the shit that happened was really his fault. Heck, even the T-Rex on the boat wouldn't have been a problem were it not for the Raptors killing the crew.

Come to think of it, did Ian and Sarah let him die at the end? I don't remember if they knew he was going down to the T-Rex baby at the end. If they knew, they could have at least warned him that daddy wasn't far away. :-\

Remonster

Remonster

Wait, was it confirmed that Raptors killed the crew? Thats a part of the ending segment that I thought was poorly done.

And its really not Ian or Sarah's fault that Ludlow was killed. If you see two people jumping off a huge boat while a pissed off Mama Rex is on the lose, you probably shouldn't get too close to its baby. At that point, Ludlow wasn't thinking, he just wanted the infant. Also, he had told those people to just shoot the female dead, so maybe he just figured he was safe.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Don't know if it actually was filmed, but that's the explanation I've heard.

Didn't say it was their fault, would have been nice of them to warn him though. So they didn't kill him, but they let him die.

What a bunch of heroes. ::)

Remonster

Remonster

Oh, I didn't mean to imply you said that. I agree though, the protagonists aren't really heroes at all. One of the reasons I love Grant. He really puts other peoples safety before his, especially Ellie and the Kids. Sure, he's a bit grumpy during the first half of JP3, but during the second half he's risking his life for other people again. Like during the Aviary sequence and when the Spinosaur attacks the boat.

Man, the more I think about it the more annoyed I get with JP3. It really had some awesome ideas, like the two I mentioned before and getting chased by Raptors through the stampede. But everything just felt poorly executed to me. For every good idea, there were two stupid pointless ones.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 27, 2011, 06:09:34 PM
What a bunch of heroes. ::)

Yeah...and what would you call all those folks who left Cooper on the runway to die? That was real heroic of them.  ::)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Did I ever call them heroes? Besides, they didn't actually have a chance to stop the plane when he came running out.

First Blood

First Blood

No, you didn't call them heroes. I am just making the point that the term "heroes" isn't so easily defined. Both movies had the characters making often questionable decisions.

Shasvre

Shasvre

For some it is. Grant for example, he was a hero.

If we had seen TLW from the hunters perspective, Nick would clearly have been a villain.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 27, 2011, 06:33:35 PM
If we had seen TLW from the hunters perspective, Nick would clearly have been a villain.

And we really should have seen it from that perspective. All the likeable characters were on the second team. I'll say it once, I'll say it a thousand times, give us Moby Dick with a T-Rex.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 27, 2011, 03:22:57 PMNo reason that bringing dinosaurs to the main land had to end in a disaster like that, unless the movie called for it.
It's the point of both Jurassic Park films. You can't chain life to your will. Life will find a way is a phrase present in both films - and not in case. What happened in Jurassic Park, in a way or the other, would've happened in the San Diego park, scaled to a city and potentially the nearby ones.

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 27, 2011, 03:22:57 PM
Nah, I just hate him. He put the life of some freaking dinosaurs above his own life and the rest of the group.
A lot of Environmentalists are like that.

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 27, 2011, 03:22:57 PM
Besides, what would have happened if Roland came face to face with a Raptor for example and needed to shot that, only to find out the bullets were gone? He would have been dead in seconds. It was pure luck that he found out when he did and was able to pick up the other gun instead.
That's the reason Script immunity exists. :P

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 27, 2011, 06:49:14 PMIt's the point of both Jurassic Park films. You can't chain life to your will. Life will find a way is a phrase present in both films - and not in case. What happened in Jurassic Park, in a way or the other, would've happened in the San Diego park, scaled to a city and potentially the nearby ones.

What happened in Jurassic Park was mostly thanks to Nedry's sabotage. There's no reason a Dino Zoo couldn't work. You just need proper security.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 27, 2011, 06:49:14 PMA lot of Environmentalists are like that.

Sad, but true.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 27, 2011, 06:49:14 PMThat's the reason Script immunity exists. :P

Yeah, but that's not something Nick was aware of.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Feb 27, 2011, 06:36:53 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 27, 2011, 06:33:35 PM

And we really should have seen it from that perspective. All the likeable characters were on the second team. I'll say it once, I'll say it a thousand times, give us Moby Dick with a T-Rex.

Not to mention them emptying Roland's gun, which could have got him killed!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 27, 2011, 06:55:21 PM
What happened in Jurassic Park was mostly thanks to Nedry's sabotage. There's no reason a Dino Zoo couldn't work. You just need proper security.
Again, Life will find a way. It's the point of the films! :P

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 27, 2011, 06:55:21 PM
Yeah, but that's not something Nick was aware of.
Of course. He has done questionable things, yes, but no one regarded him as a balls-out hero. When he is revealed to be the criminal-environmentalist thing, you know what he's up to.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed