Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,170 times)

Randomizer

Randomizer

Is...is Firefight coming to Halo 5?  :o

http://news.xbox.com/2016/02/24/new-halo-5-guardians-free-content-detailed-as-hammer-storm-launches-today/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Among the vast array of new modes coming to Halo over the next several months is one that our fans have repeatedly asked us to deliver – Firefight. The new mode, called "Warzone Firefight", will bring PvE to Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer and let players battle together against common foes (and truly show off their custom Spartans to boot!) That's all we'll say for now, but trust us, we can't wait to tell you more about Warzone Firefight in the coming months.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Excellent. I think Firefight became quite a wanted aspect of all Halo games.

Have you gotten around the XB1 yet?

Randomizer

Randomizer

No, sadly. After Halo 5 and the community's neglect of its campaign I needed to take a break from the series, but now I'm back and I'm slowly recovering. Just need to start saving the money.  ;D

Randomizer

Randomizer

New Canon Fodder (probably the longest I've seen in a while) !

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-fighting-words

Highlights:

- Arbiter is now FEATURED in Killer Instinct, along with other Elite classes (complete with weapons and old/newer armors)

Randomizer

Randomizer

*trumpets*

New Canon Fodder !

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-fury-s-road

Highlights:

- special variant of the Storm Rifle
- Halo: New Blood to release as paperback on 15th March, includes 5-page conversation between Veronica and Buck during/after Halo 5

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Randomizer on Feb 13, 2016, 06:44:21 PM
New Canon Fodder (this one's pretty weak IMO) !

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-needle-me-this

Highlights:

- Race Warthogs
- UNSC Falcons
- toys

Haven't played Halo in about 2 months, are Falcons in Halo 5 now?

Randomizer

Randomizer

Not yet. They seem to have weekly/monthly contests where a subject is chosen and everybody has to take photos, mid-game or Forge. It happened that one of the subjects was the Falcon.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Mar 05, 2016, 09:55:44 PM

Me either but only because I didn't have anyone to play with.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Halo Reach ruined the franchise? It had some of the best multiplayer in the franchise, not to mention those awesome falcons, had some real good Nam' moments with those

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 07, 2016, 09:59:13 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Mar 05, 2016, 09:55:44 PM

Me either but only because I didn't have anyone to play with.
Do you only play 5 Hicks? I added you on Live however I really only play MCC.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't really play any atm. But I'd be happy to play some MCC with you!

How come you're not on 5?

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Mar 07, 2016, 09:24:31 PM
Halo Reach ruined the franchise? It had some of the best multiplayer in the franchise, not to mention those awesome falcons, had some real good Nam' moments with those

There are several reasons why Reach would've been hated:

- no inclusion of the BR
- armor abilities (and the infamous armor lock)
- laggiest of all Halo games (back on the 360 it used motion blur in order to ameliorate lag, but it still ran at pretty much 27 fps or so)
- f**ked with the canon established by Halo : The Fall of Reach and presumably Ghosts of Onyx

To hell with those "Reach vs. The Fall of Reach" debates...

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Halo Reach was one of the best games of the franchise, the only thing "bad" about it was the fact the spartan armor was skittle colored and not military green like Chiefs.
Imo Halo 4 started to kill things, Halo 5 just drove the knife deeper.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Halo Reach wasn't that bad IMO, it's just these things that I found the community to be ranting about the most. No Halo games (as of now) burn as much as Halo 5 did though.

It had some flaws and goods, but in total Halo 5 made me give up the franchise for the last 5 months (and still counting). I've just started to develop a taste for the EU again , but far from playing the games anytime soon.

For one, I keep posting the Canon Fodders in here just because I think I would be doing you guys a favor, otherwise would I give a f**k?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed