Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,027 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 04, 2015, 08:20:44 AM
Yes. I find it sometimes hard to believe that it's going to be the "darkest Halo game" with the rating T. Still, I agree, gore and violence is not needed.

Doesn't need to be blood and guts to be dark. That's done by tone and story.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Oct 05, 2015, 12:15:54 AM
The only reason Halo 1-3 were rated M was because of the Flood, you could see exposed bones/organs and that pretty much guarantees an M rating from the ESRB. Still doesn't explain ODST though

Remember "NMPD Headquarters" ? There was the scene when the Brute Cheftain hits Romeo in the chest and Buck jumps on him, stabbing him in the neck. That is pretty much the only reason.

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Oct 05, 2015, 05:19:21 AM
Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 03, 2015, 07:00:56 AM
Be happy people, we got another live-action trailer ! The Chief ain't dead !

Spoiler
Featuring Osiris, Blue Team and...is the narrator Mendez?
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCP0GSB2A8E

I always thought the Master Chief would make one helluva antagonist/antihero. This is going to be the best Halo since Combat Evolved (my favorite).

Let's not jump to conclusions yet. We haven't seen all of it. 23-22 more days  :)

----------------------------

People were so excited for Warzone, Arena, gamemodes , you name it.  Personally, I was mad about how the Main Menu looks like. Here it is :

In my opinion, it's the 1st thing (and hopefully the only one) that 343 screwed up with regarding Halo 5. The Infinity looks like a brick just standing there.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, it would have been nice to have seen more movement in the foreground rather than the back.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I just finished episode 2 of Season 2. I have to say - that stuff in the Cube was f**king intense! Really like whoever is voicing BB and is that Alan Tudyk I heard??  ;D

Randomizer

Randomizer

I was surprised to see BB in there, since my impressions were that the "Admiral Osman" text on their page was just to be there. He sounds exactly like I imagined him, but in a more serious tone.

Idk why, but every time BB was saying something in the books I thought he was part of a musical.  :laugh:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Here's the Fall of Reach Launch Trailer. I think it's the last one since the game's also gone gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SGy1W4Vsjg

For a Halo trailer it seems pretty dull...

Second, there were also news about Forge, but not too much. Sadly, AI won't be usable in Forge.  >:( Like, what's the problem? Doesn't the AI have some basic code to be usable?

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Oh great I get to experience Sam die all over again

Randomizer

Randomizer

The Warden Eternal looks like a menacing bastard.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Alright, too many trailers, and spoilers are also coming in. I'm staying away from Waypoint and everything else. If someone else would mind to take my place, you're welcome.  ;)

Seriously though, those ***holes should get fired.

----------------------------------------

Climate changes in forge : http://imgur.com/a/C9kuW

Halo 5 disc case : http://imgur.com/a/CeNPs

EDIT: Also, they added fire in Forge, like, there's the basic one and then they added the purple variation from Covenant vehicles.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Holy shit. That looks amazing. I seriously cannot wait! I've got the week booked off and I'm really looking forward to it!

Samus007

Samus007

Damn. I need an Xbox One so badly.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Me too.  :'(

Randomizer

Randomizer

Ok, so I ventured in again. The internet seems pretty calm, with no spoilers. Still, better safe than sorry.

We have the achievement list (Warning: Minor Spoilers) :
Spoiler

And Halo 5 is available for pre-loading, for those of you who chose to go digital.

EDIT: Seems interesting that now there are pictures instead of icons for the achievements on the Xbox One. For one I think its great but I do still miss the icons.  :'(

Here's the Halo 5 Wallpaper Achievement Art: http://imgur.com/a/4Y9Ha . Seems mostly concept art, and sadly I can't find with which achievements they match.

Chief in poncho looks so badass. <3

Spoiler
Is that a Doom reference?
[close]

Randomizer

Randomizer

Ok, I watched the first mission. I like how 343 was teasing us the whole time with little bits of footage when in-game they were next to each other, but they were just taken out of their original context. I won't spoil it for you though.

Here are the missions, descriptions, and where they take place. Sadly, there are only 3 Blue Team missions. For God's sake, I hope we get to find out something about the Guardians with Osiris, and not just be "hunt the Chief" again.

Warning, heavy spoilers, be advised.

Spoiler
Mission 1 - Osiris - Kamchatka
Fireteam Osiris is dispatched to recover the UNSC's most wanted criminal: Doctor Catherine Elizabeth Halsey.

Spoiler
This will spoil the mission. Are you sure you want to continue?
Spoiler
Locke kills Jul'Mdama. They make a character in years and kill him in seconds.
[close]
[close]

Mission 2 - Blue Team - Argent Moon
The Master Chief is reunited with his Spartan II Blue Team for a routine investigation of the lost ONI research station Argent Moon.

Mission 3 - Glassed - Meridian
Osiris must pursue Blue Team to a glassed world beyond UNSC jurisdiction.

Mission 4 - Meridian Station - Meridian
Osiris learns that Meridian Station holds many secrets.

Mission 5 - Unconfirmed - Meridian
Osiris tracks Blue Team deep below the surface of Meridian.

Mission 6 - Evacuation - Meridian
Osiris is separated from Blue Team and must race to keep up.

Mission 7 - Reunion - Genesis
Blue Team arrives at the Forerunner world Genesis where they discover the true reason for the Guardians' activation.

Mission 8 - Swords of Sanghelios - Sanghelios
When evidence reveals that the Master Chief is in danger, Fireteam Osiris' mission changes from retrieval to rescue.

Mission 9 - Alliance - Sanghelios
Osiris joins forces with the Swords of Sanghelios.

Mission 10 - Enemy Lines - Sanghelios
In order to activate a Guardian, Osiris must track down a Forerunner Constructor.

Mission 11 - Before the Storm - Sanghelios
Osiris and the Swords of Sanghelios prepare for a final battle with the Covenant.

Mission 12 - Battle of Sunaion - Sanghelios
Osiris races to reach the Guardian before it leaves Sanghelios.

Mission 13 - Genesis - Genesis
Osiris arrives on Genesis, where they meet a new ally in their battle.

Mission 14 - The Breaking - Genesis
The Master Chief and his team face their greatest threat and his hardest choice as the true power of the Guardians is revealed.

Mission 15 - The Guardians - Genesis
As Blue Team's lives hang in the balance, Osiris must save them and stop the Guardians.
[close]

EDIT: formatting . I'm sorry for those who couldn't hold their temptation to click it.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Kind of lame how Blue team gets so few missions. Feels like Halo 2 all over again.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Spartan Companies. I like it. Nothing groundbreaking as a lot of games do this now but it's nice to see it make its way into Halo.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/10/games-listen-to-the-entire-halo-5-guardians-soundtrack-right-now

Listen to soundtrack early.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed