Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,145 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So I finished Halo 2 last night and started on Halo 3. The drop in visual quality is quite noticeable.  :-\ And I'm going to miss those Blurr Studio cutscenes. Seriously, they need to make a Halo film.

Do we have many people here who play it? I'd love to get some MP buddies.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-guardians-your-team-is-your-weapon

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I haven't really played it since the release, it was almost impossible to get into a game and the Marines in H2A were broken.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's quite stable now. Matchmaking is a little slow but otherwise it's quite good.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Locke and Linda's HUD.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 24, 2015, 07:39:36 AM
So I finished Halo 2 last night and started on Halo 3. The drop in visual quality is quite noticeable.  :-\ And I'm going to miss those Blurr Studio cutscenes. Seriously, they need to make a Halo film.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-guardians-your-team-is-your-weapon
I play a few times a week when I can. Add me: PRJ since1990

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jul 26, 2015, 06:52:07 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 24, 2015, 07:39:36 AM

Add me as well: MADaboutMOXXI

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Jul 25, 2015, 12:59:08 PM
Locke and Linda's HUD.

Which is which?

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jul 26, 2015, 06:52:07 PM

Aren't you already on my list from the AvP days?

Quote from: Pvt T. Hendrix on Jul 26, 2015, 07:20:33 PM
Add me as well: MADaboutMOXXI

Will do.

So I finished playing Halo 3 last night. Flying through it quite well now. Turned the TV back on later that night and it looked like I had TV burn. Complete discolouration. I tried again this morning and same thing. Gonna see what it looks like after work but I think my TV has died on me. Really annoyed.  :-\

Randomizer

Randomizer

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm liking Locke's. Like the sharper shape of it.

Randomizer

Randomizer

I looked at Chief's HUD (lost the source, so I don't have the photo to post here) and it's the same as Halo 4, except the Shield bar is more thin and has another (health bar ?) under it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just started Halo 4. I never really played much of it (that was about when I stopped playing FPSs and then stoppped playing video games). I'm enjoying the weapons but my life, they really did change the appearances. The unexplained change in mjolnir armor is annoying (I like the design but not the lack of explanation), all the Covenant look different (dislike the change in Grunt).

Tyrell

Tyrell

I only just recently got the chance to play through Halo 4. I liked the game. The design and graphics were beautiful, the story was as good as ever and the relationship between Chief and Cortana was truly heartfelt. However, I did not like the Prometheans at all. The design wasn't really my taste and I found them increasingly frustrating to fight against.

This is one of the reasons I prefer Reach. There are no Flood, no Prometheans. Just good old fashioned Covenant.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 28, 2015, 08:08:39 AMThe unexplained change in mjolnir armor is annoying (I like the design but not the lack of explanation).

Well, there are 2-3 explanations for this:

1) Cortana changed his suit with the help of nanobots
        2) Artistic change (and that his armor is supposed to be the same as H2-H3 canon wise)
        3) ...?

I like to think it's the artistic change, sure, it may be too different, but I can't see Chief's old Mk. V fit in Halo 4 so well. The 1st explanation seems really dumb to me. Yes, it would be feasible, but the difference is too big. Next thing we know, Chief changed his underwear in H5. "But why?" "Because it's nanobots, duh."

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 28, 2015, 08:08:39 AM
all the Covenant look different (dislike the change in Grunt).

I got used to the Elite change (but I hope they don't screw Arbiter's face now). The Jackals look dangerous, and fit very well within the game. The Grunts don't look too good, I agree, but they look better than the H5 grunt. xD It's still fun to watch them run around, though.   ::)
   One problem is that I can't accept they looked like that the whole time. When I started reading the books (The Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike) I imagined all that with the CE graphics. While reading Ghosts of Onyx, I imagined everything looking like Halo 2 and so on...kinda like a machinima.  ;) It added to the atmosphere for me.

--------------------------------------------------
   All I've got is the Pillar of Autumn level to finish Halo Reach on Legendary. OP Elites when I started the game, making me wonder why am I even doing this, but now I'm dodging their shots really good. One problem I can't handle is that Brutes are easier to take out than Elites, not the other way around. For the first time I can also say...I'm having fun on Legendary.  :laugh:  And I ain't even a pro Halo player. Having to constantly flank the enemies from a distance to surprise them really adds to the fun and tactic while I can still go Rambo mode and melee a Brute/Elite on my way to the objective.

P.S: Got the "Tank beats Everything" achievement. Yup, I managed to keep it alive with no major problem on Legendary while on Heroic I couldn't. That's me.

Tyrell

Tyrell

Trying to keep the tank alive as those turrets blast you almost made me cry at times.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Jul 28, 2015, 12:14:23 PM

I like to think it's the artistic change, sure, it may be too different, but I can't see Chief's old Mk. V fit in Halo 4 so well. The 1st explanation seems really dumb to me. Yes, it would be feasible, but the difference is too big. Next thing we know, Chief changed his underwear in H5. "But why?" "Because it's nanobots, duh."

It really bothers me. We've had so many incarnations of that armor and it's iconic. I don't want any retconning of the armor. Nearly as much as Reach stepping on the toes of Fall of Reach. Not much bothers me but this really does.

QuoteI got used to the Elite change (but I hope they don't screw Arbiter's face now). The Jackals look dangerous, and fit very well within the game. The Grunts don't look too good, I agree, but they look better than the H5 grunt. xD It's still fun to watch them run around, though.   ::)

I don't mind all the others but it's just the Grunts that seem worse off.

We should do some co-op sometime!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed