Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,080 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Gotta remember that there's some sort of angle that he's playing with the Arbiter as well. In the H2A trailer from last year's E3 Locke is reporting to the Arbiter for information, but isn't ONI in opposition to Thel in Karen Traviss' trilogy?

The waters are getting muddied here, that's for sure. Can't wait.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oni are trying to keep them destabilized, yeah. I can't shake the feeling its going to be something epic. Perhaps MC goes after Halsey.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

It'd be a natural progression from the end of Halo 4, which also saw him seeking out Halsey. I wonder how much he knows about her current status, and what he makes of it. He's bound to feel some sort of loyalty to her.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 31, 2015, 01:01:37 AM
More so behind Locke's hunting of the Chief, I'd say. ONI still wants a war, Chief clearly wants something else. Him leaving on his own, combined with Halsey's recent defection, is enough of an excuse for ONI to paint a giant target on his head and reap whatever benifits they are able to farm out of the situation.
^ This ^

Alongside this, Chief is experienced enough with the Covenant remnants, the Flood, and the Promethean forces to know the galaxy will see no shortage of war, but ONI requires assurance. War is profitable for such an organization, and they feel they no longer need the Chief, as he served an old purpose, and remains a symbol of those old ways (and, as many people argue, mistakes). They'll say that he's lost his mind, become a traitor, and it'll likely be because he's been trying to warn everybody of the coming dangers. ONI will curtain him for that very reason.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Sullivan...remember him from Forward Unto Dawn?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 31, 2015, 01:55:01 AM
It'd be a natural progression from the end of Halo 4, which also saw him seeking out Halsey. I wonder how much he knows about her current status, and what he makes of it. He's bound to feel some sort of loyalty to her.

I've only completed Halo 4 the once (I think. I'd stopped gaming for a time after Halo 4. Really wish I hadn't brought the Season Pass. It didn't get used) so I'm not 100% on that. Chief does make an appearance in a short arc in the comic series that would have been after Halsey turned to the dark side. I think his loyalty is more towards Cortana. And I think he'd go for Halsey from there. As Cortana was created from her brain, after all.

Quote from: Randomizer on Mar 31, 2015, 06:21:56 AM

Sullivan...remember him from Forward Unto Dawn?

Nice bit of recall! I love when they do stuff like that.

Sozin

Sozin

Out of all the game trailers so far, which one have you liked the most? I have yet to see one that beats this, even though the Reach live-action trailer came pretty close. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Ezd2FqxAU#ws

Nightlord

Nightlord

Love that trailer, Halo 3 had probably the best ads ever.

The believe trailers are my favourite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX5Kh1f5ksY#ws

Starry Night is also pretty good.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Finished reading Broken Circle on Sunday. It's essentially 2 stories in one where the connection is family. I preferred the first part which was set just as the Prophets and Elites formed the Covenant. Part 2 just felt a little too rushed which was set as the Covenant split up. Shirley's writing was pretty good - it was a very easy read and I enjoyed it all. Whilst it was informative, it did feel like a lot of setup though. Setup I just don't feel will be followed up on.

It just felt like it'd been there and gone that. It's all about a rebel clan of the Elites from the time of the formation of the Covenant and their survival to the split. They found a Shield World and lived there. The Shield World was a newer build, capable of being broken down and reassembling which was about the only new thing in there. I enjoyed the book but it just didn't feel any special. I'd probably give it 3/5.

Nightlord

Nightlord

They actually did it, they managed to get halo 3 on pc.  Aside from sprinting everything is pretty much halo 3 gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVE2b51YzcI#ws

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Is this the Russia only thing?

Randomizer

Randomizer

Yes, it is. Something tells me they have some plans for the future...or just testing something.

Nightlord

Nightlord

That isn't the Russian one, some guys got a hold of a super early version of it and made it playable for everyone without any of the p2w stuff.

It still needs quite a bit of work done.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Have any of you been following the CMT Evolved mod?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Apr 15, 2015, 08:34:02 PM
Have any of you been following the CMT Evolved mod?

Pray tell?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed