Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,627 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

I finally got the chance to play some Halo 4 against some friends yesterday. Pretty good. The new weapons were a lot of fun, with the Promethean sniper being my favorite. But the Mantis is near unstoppable when you're only three people playing the game. :laugh:

Nightlord

Nightlord

Just found out that Arby 'n' the Chief is finally coming back.
http://joncjg.blogspot.ie/2012/12/news-return-from-hiatus.html

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Heh, I actually checked his blog just two days ago to see if he'd updated.  :laugh:

Good, and that's cool that he could take a break-- that dude busts ass.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

I'm getting tired of 343's bulls**t. I've waited 2 days for my Specialization code and I still don't have it.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Calm down. Calm down.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Playing Halo: Anniversary Edition, and I am getting my ass handed to me on the second mission where you have to wait by the large beacon and just take on waves and waves of enemies...guh!

Prime113

Prime113

Gotdamn, they have nerfed the grenades in this game! Plasma grenades are the only decent grenade, as you can actually get a kill if you stick them. Hell, even with explosives, frags don't do shiiiit! I love my nades, I always use to get kills from the grave with them.  :(

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I think the frags are pretty damn good. Plasmas have been nerfed to have basically zero AOE damage, so a kill relies on it being a stick. Frags are the same as they were in reach where they'll take down shield's and do bare damage. I mix it up so that my close range classes have Plasma and ranged have Frags. Also, with Frags it's two headshots and a grenade impact for a kill, or one frag and one headshot.

This is basically the first Halo that gives them real use distinction. If only the Pulse grenades were at all useful...

Prime113

Prime113

Really? Maybe I just suck then...probably the case. I can usually place it right on some muggs feet, and it will still take 4-5 shots from my DMR to kill them. I use to be a god (lol) at realizing if I'm going to lose a one on one fight, and throwing my nades at their feet, and getting a kill from the grave, I've done it maybe twice on H4.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Prime113 on Dec 03, 2012, 09:25:40 AM
Really? Maybe I just suck then...probably the case. I can usually place it right on some muggs feet, and it will still take 4-5 shots from my DMR to kill them. I use to be a god (lol) at realizing if I'm going to lose a one on one fight, and throwing my nades at their feet, and getting a kill from the grave, I've done it maybe twice on H4.
It usually works if you've gotten the right amount of hits off on them before hand and the grenade doesn't leave a standard kill radius. But if you've gotten a direct grenade blast on them, it should only be two shots on the body or one to the head.

For getting kills from the grave, I hate to admit it, is just to do a close quarters sticky slap (sounds like a maneuver in which you cum in your hand a smack a poor unsuspecting fellow in the face) right before death.  :laugh:

I hate that shit.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 03, 2012, 09:29:40 AM
Quote from: Prime113 on Dec 03, 2012, 09:25:40 AM
It usually works if you've gotten the right amount of hits off on them before hand and the grenade doesn't leave a standard kill radius. But if you've gotten a direct grenade blast on them, it should only be two shots on the body or one to the head.

For getting kills from the grave, I hate to admit it, is just to do a close quarters sticky slap (sounds like a maneuver in which you cum in your hand a smack a poor unsuspecting fellow in the face) right before death.  :laugh:

I hate that shit.

Yeah, that's what I do. I'll be like " Pump half a clip or so into a mugg, realize that I might lose, jump back and bounce a nade off the ground and have it blow up just in front of him." Use to do wonders for me. Now, nothing. D:

That second paragraph.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You funny maf**ka! I take it you mean to slap them right in the melon with a Plasma, yeah?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yeap, just smack 'em right in the face with a sticky discharge instead of going for a melee. It might even be a survivable situation if you have a Thruster Pack.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 03, 2012, 09:36:31 AM
Yeap, just smack 'em right in the face with a sticky discharge instead of going for a melee. It might even be a survivable situation if you have a Thruster Pack.

Sticky discharge, bahahahahah!

Yeah, the Thruster Packs another thing. You thrust, like, 5 damn feet with that thing. It should be a little less than the Flood TP. But, that's just me.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

It's my favorite armor ability to be clear, but I wish they'd kept it as it is in Campaign, which has a Thruster Pack variant that sends you a good distance. The Flood TP is a dangerous f**ker because it's mostly a gamble of timing in which you have to kill the guy you're going for in third person or you're likely dead by Shotgun blast. Campaign's would have been the perfect comprimise... perhaps in a future update.

For now, I can't really complain. The TP does a good job of saving my ass or getting me into the assassination that I need. Check my File Share, I've got some very creative and cool TP uses on there.  ;)

Prime113

Prime113

I really don't have much of an Armor Ability. None of them seem very good. I think I have the Auto-Sentry right now.

I'll have to check those out! Give me some tips on using the damn thing.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed