Halo (Read 768,040 times)

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 01, 2012, 04:04:08 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Nov 01, 2012, 03:53:31 PM
Is Tuesday ODST?  ???

Nah man, just this little game :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIspQ1NmGf4#ws

I only have time to do the trilogy leading up to Halo 4, unfortunately. I had to skip Wars, ODST, and Reach.

:o :o That game looks awesome!

:laugh: :laugh:

Nightlord

Nightlord

This is as far as I got before I closed the review, too much stuff in there that might be spoilers without context.
On that same note this is dissapointing.
QuoteThe campaign has few failings, but the primary annoyance is that a lot of great story content is left for the eight hidden Terminals. Unlike previous Halos, the Terminal tale here isn't a side-story, but rather it fills in important backstory for both the main antagonist and a key allied character. Worse, you can't view the videos within the game. Instead, you're directed to Halo Waypoint, which serves only to pull you out of the experience, literally and figuratively.

My Halo 4 OST shipped today as well  ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So you have to watch the Terminals on Waypoint? That's a bit disappointing; I liked the CEA system where you could watch them in-game immediately upon finding them, but were also given a code so that you could save them on Waypoint, get bonus Reach cR, and unlock a bonus Waypoint exclusive terminal.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Yeah it's a strange thing to change too, I mean when we hit a terminal in campaign is nothing going to happen now?
It will probably just end up confusing loads of people.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That's just stupid.

Guess I'm gonna wind up Youtubing 'em.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 01, 2012, 07:55:51 PM
That's just stupid.

Guess I'm gonna wind up Youtubing 'em.

Do you not have Waypoint downloaded?

Because, either way, you're going to have to wind up stopping your game to view them. As redundant as the new system is, I'd rather see them on the TV with Waypoint than on the computer on Youtube.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 01, 2012, 10:07:22 PM

I don't want to. Don't have much memory left on my Xbox, and I'm not gonna give up any to this redundant Waypoint thing just because of a few Terminals.

Because, either way, you're going to have to wind up stopping your game to view them. As redundant as the new system is, I'd rather see them on the TV with Waypoint than on the computer on Youtube.

Personally, I don't care, just that I see 'em. Best would be to actually have them in the goddamn game, but since that's not happening, makes no difference to me one way or the other. Besides, I can get Youtube on my TV without turning off my Xbox, or I can just pause the game and watch the videos off of my laptop.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 01, 2012, 10:12:18 PM

I don't want to. Don't have much memory left on my Xbox, and I'm not gonna give up any to this redundant Waypoint thing just because of a few Terminals.

Ahh, that makes sense. I have a 120 GB hard drive, and barely touch my XBox other than for Halo, so I really don't have to worry about space.

If you have the room for it Waypoint is a really cool feature, but obviously not necessary in your situation.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Halo Waypoint is, like, 400MB-- the least of your concerns; I hope you have 8GB free, Marines.

Dat Spartan Ops...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 01, 2012, 10:14:48 PM
If you have the room for it Waypoint is a really cool feature, but obviously not necessary in your situation.

I got it, tried it out; didn't do anything for me. Forgot about it. Found it again, when cleaning through my harddrive, and deleted it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Sweeps, I was looking back through this thread (I tend to do that a lot, makes me feel all nostalgiay inside :P ) and decided to skim through some of those awesome writeups you suggested doing a few months back...You ever decide if you were going to do anything with those? :)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Which write-ups were those? Favourite Halo game?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yep, started over here, with members' responses spanning over the next few pages.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Mine came a few months later, I remember. :laugh:

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I had something in mind back then, and I'm pretty sure I can do it now; was there a write-up for each Halo 1, 2, and 3? I'm not sure there was a Halo 3 write-up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed